What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72  Next
indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:19 pm 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

conchordgirl, you're a lucky girl to have found the CD. I've spent the afternoon searching for a site that has it (since CDSmoke is down). I did manage to score a copy of Bret's Video Kid CD, though, so I'm looking forward to receiving that.

The Jig
 Post subject: Hello Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:24 pm 
New arrival

I'm The Jig.

I stumbled across the Conchords while flipping channels one night, and was hooked after the first few lines of "Business Time".

I've "forced" everyone I know with HBO to watch the special and most of my friends thought it was stupid. They said they didn't get it. I really need to get some new friends.

conchordgirl
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:39 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

indigo_jones wrote:
conchordgirl, you're a lucky girl to have found the CD. I've spent the afternoon searching for a site that has it (since CDSmoke is down). I did manage to score a copy of Bret's Video Kid CD, though, so I'm looking forward to receiving that.

I got my copy from SmokeCDs..I wonder what happened to their website? I ordered mine Sept 13 and got it on the 26th. I also looked to see if I could get the CD somewhere closer to my home but no luck. I would like to put some of the tracks online but I don't want the guys to lose out on any money..I hope the guys get a couple more places to distribute it. I also hope the SmokeCD shop gets back online soon. The CD is genius.
Where did you get the Video Kid CD?
--Nicole

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:46 pm 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

I found the Video Kid CD at CDKiwi.com. I'm hoping it shows up quickly. I've heard snippets elsewhere and I'm really looking forward to getting it. It's good to hear that your CDSmoke order arrived so quickly. If they come back online, I'll definitely order from them.

Dick Grogan
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:46 pm 
New arrival

Location: Maryland, USA (Maryland happens to be a blue state, we're all going to secede one day)
sup

from Maryland, USA. saw the HBO special on On Demand and watched it another 5 times during the next week (most of which showing it too friends).

many thanks to Sherry for putting them on the net.

Andria
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:52 pm 
Bootylicious Flygirl

Hi, Conchordians!
I (like many others :) ) first saw FotC on HBO's One Night Stand. I've been hooked ever since. I got their Folk the World album last week. Awesome. Also enjoying their BBC show. "Wow, thats awesome" too. :wink:
Just wanted to say Hey. Oh, and thanks a bunch to Sherry for your awesome website. I know, I need a thesaurus, but I enjoy my broken record like vocabulary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:56 pm 
It's odd, because I've been a silent Figwit fan since his inception, and I found about FoTC from a completely different source. Some random magazine few months ago, I believe, where the band name and the "comedy folk" label appealed to me enough to download. First song I listened to was Pencils In The Wind, and I was hooked from then on. Pencils remains to this day my favourite song of theirs.

Anyway, imagine the lovely surprise when I found out that Figwit was the one singing! After that, I dled HBO's One Night Stand, and have been fairly er...keenly interested (sounds so much better than obssessed, no?) since. I've forced everyone in my family and a few friends to watch HBO, and thus far, I've turned five people into Conchordians. Go me. ;)

Fairly long intro, but that's me, verbose as hell. So hullo all!

Amaria
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:59 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

Whoops! Silly me, I wasnt logged in when I typed that.

But the above post is me. :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:06 pm 
Amaria, where were you able to download the songs? I'm looking for a fix of new-to-me stuff until I can buy the CD.

Amaria
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:10 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

There are several downloads on this lovely site. On the Folk Stuff page theres a link to MP3s I believe.

EvilMoose
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:39 am 
Half a shapely halibut

Sherry wrote:
EvilMoose wrote:
Hello, EvilMoose here. Actually I'm only mostly evil. When I say evil, I mean in a benign kind of way. Oh who am I kinding...I'm not really evil at all.

Awww, not even a whiff of evil pervading somewhere in the outer stratosphere somewhere? :evil: LIke that?

Welcome to the forum :)

Ok, maybe a smidge :evil:

Ellen
 Post subject: Re: Reply to Ellen
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:45 am 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Sherry wrote:
Ellen wrote:
Hi everyone, just another newbie checking in.

Sherry the website is looking great. It survived September! And is thriving, obviously.

Yes, folks, I have seen Tongan Ninga and survived. With my spleen intact.

Ooo another Ninja watcher. You made it through the lame (I love spelling it without the accent) opener then.

Did you spot Bret in the ads for that btw? I found them funnier than the film mostly. But I did like the film in that low budget humour kind of way. Jemaine cracked me up in it.

Welcome aboard :)

Was Bret dressed as a Ninja for the "Multi Action Ninja Hand" ad? I totally missed that. I liked the film too; you can tell they had a lot of fun making it. The shot of the father's legs after his encounter with the piranha is an absolute scream. Even though it wasn't made all that terribly long ago, everyone looks about 12 years old. Jemaine-of-the-many-voices stole every scene he was in -- he had all the best lines.

Sherry
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:35 am 
Professional Blonde

conchordgirl wrote:
Hello Everyone! Like many Americans, I first saw FoTC on HBO and have adored them ever since. I got their CD just last week and have been listening to it continuously. I hope to have my own FoTC fan site up in the next few weeks, really as a media serving site to watch and listen to the genius of Flight of the Conchords. Anyway, I've babbled enough. Nice to meet you guys and I hope to talk to you soon!
--Nicole
P.S. Many Thanks to Sherry for this wonderful site, for without it we would know nothing about these brillant guys. :D

One of the lucky people to get the CD ordered before the site disappeared into the void. I've never known Smoke CD's to go offline before, can only hope it comes back soon for those who want to hear the early stuff from the guys.

Sounds cool about the site. Keep us posted :)

Sherry
 Post subject: Re: Hello Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:37 am 
Professional Blonde

The Jig wrote:
I'm The Jig.

I stumbled across the Conchords while flipping channels one night, and was hooked after the first few lines of "Business Time".

I've "forced" everyone I know with HBO to watch the special and most of my friends thought it was stupid. They said they didn't get it. I really need to get some new friends.

Nice nick. Welcome aboard.

And yeah, a few people have that problem with their friends and are trading them in as I type. Or at least thinking about it. I guess what the guys do is not to everyones liking. At least those here agree with you and like 'em :)

Spammy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:01 am 
Giving the paper to the people

Hullo!
I be a little Spammy from Australia. I have been a conchordian since 2003 I think, when I saw them on "Stand up!" on the telly.
I ordered their CD sometime early last year from the Access entertainment website but I think the merch page went missing.
Anyhoo, hope to chat to you all in the future.

Spammy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72  Next