It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlings

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!

Moderator: Nancy

Postby Sherry » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:18 pm

SayWhat? wrote:Hello. I'm yet another Yank who saw FoTC on HBO, loved them, needed to find out more about them, googled them, found this site.......you know the rest!

And yes, like many of you, when I share my love of them (and my taped copy of the HBO show) with others, NO ONE GETS IT! :x

Really, how could someone not love a gangster/folk crossover tune? :shock:

You are not alone :D You found the place where you can talk Conchords as much as you like. And hopefully we will get it :P

See you around the boards :)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Kate » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:18 pm

SayWhat? wrote:Hello. I'm yet another Yank who saw FoTC on HBO, loved them, needed to find out more about them, googled them, found this site.......you know the rest!

And yes, like many of you, when I share my love of them (and my taped copy of the HBO show) with others, NO ONE GETS IT! :x

Really, how could someone not love a gangster/folk crossover tune? :shock:

WhatEVER! Mad props and a big shout-out to Sherry for making this site happen. You go Girl!

I am having the opposite experience! I tell everyone about them, and most of my family and friends have the HBO special when I've been able to corner them. (I have HBO On Demand, so I can watch their Special any time I want, until some date in Nov. when it will no longer be available, so if anyone comes over and happens to sit down, I get them a beer or a glass of wine, and make them watch it.) So far, they have been unanymously enjoyed!

I really do think they are the next huge thing, and will be surprised and disappointed if I'm wrong about that.

So, glad you're here, where you can talk to us about them. We definitely will understand!
Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby specialkay » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:16 pm

Well, Hello from Alabama! :D
My name is Kay and I too discovered this phenomenal twosome on HBO one late night and have been "hooked" since! I was just so happy that Sherry was here to accomodate my questions and "hook a girl up" in her time of desperate need! :lol: This is the second time I have been dazzled by Kiwi men and, I am telling you, I think these guys are very creative and talented and are going to take us Americans by storm.
I am a moderator at www.karl-urban.us, for those who don't know who Karl is, he is my #1 New Zealand man and will be starring in Doom coming out in about two weeks!!
Sorry, ranting...(back to conchordes) :wink:
I have put this site up on my community site as well as two other fan sites and gotten GREAT feedback from almost everyone! I have been globally advertising the guys like a mad woman.... :lol: and I just hope they make it big, as they deserve it.... :)
Also, I loved reading all of these posts, you all are very interesting! Quite an array of personalities here! :wink:

Sherrie, do you think the guys are planning on coming to the South anytime soon? or do you know how I can find out? :?
specialkay
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:29 pm

I think they should absolute visit us here in the South and experience our famous Southern hospitality. I believe we've got Georgia, Alabama and North Carolina (myself) represented so far.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby conchordgirl » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:37 pm

Don't forget Texas. I'm in Texas but I AM NOT a bush supporter. Just wanted to make that clear. Don't get me started on that topic...Anyway, I would love for the Conchords to come down here but I don't think that would happen. I wish I had known when they were in NY and LA I have friends in both places that I could have visited at that time. Oh well, maybe next time.
--Nicole
(who loves Texas but not the Politics of Texas)
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson
conchordgirl

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:06 pm

Oh, I'm blue too, despite living in a red state. I did live in NY for a while, and I've got friends there still. I'd definitely consider a trip back up to see them perform.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:37 pm

specialkay wrote:Well, Hello from Alabama! .....
I am a moderator at www.karl-urban.us, for those who don't know who Karl is, he is my #1 New Zealand man and will be starring in Doom coming out in about two weeks!!
Sorry, ranting...(back to conchordes) :wink:
I have put this site up on my community site as well as two other fan sites and gotten GREAT feedback from almost everyone! I have been globally advertising the guys like a mad woman.... :lol: and I just hope they make it big, as they deserve it.... :)
Also, I loved reading all of these posts, you all are very interesting! Quite an array of personalities here! :wink:

Sherrie, do you think the guys are planning on coming to the South anytime soon? or do you know how I can find out? :?

Hey there Kay. Glad you signed up with us. I've been working on the updates to go with the new look site I hope to reveal soon and shall be putting a link back to you in there.

And I can't say I know of any plans for the guys to head that way anytime soon. Sorry. :(

Hoping you are liking it here :)

Cheers
Sherry
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Audrey » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:52 am

Hello, I'm Audrey! :]

And now for my brief(ish) paragraph about how I found out about Flight of the Conchords.

Right so, yeah I was(still am) an LOTR fan and found out about Figwit when that er...whole thing went on. So yeah, I researched Bret aka stalked, and found out about the bands he was in and kind of looked at them but wasn't really interested. I did like the Video Kid though! Too bad about no more if it. :/ Anyway, yeah so a couple of years.....and then NOW (recently) I was flipping channels late at night and then bam. First initial reaction: He looks really famil-fsfjlsdjf IT'S FIGWIT!

And then I watched and laughed 'til I cried.

Ze end! (but not quite)

So, now I've gotten 2 of my friends into Flight of the Conchords (this kind of thing makes me very proud hehe). Gah FotC are absolutely brilliant! They are that brilliant that I am going to wake up in the middle of the night to record them, and that is a rarity! I don't know how to make set my video recorder thing and my TiVo equivilant doesn't have HBO, so I'll have to press the button manually -_- Which by the way does anyone know if the HBO schedule is in eastern time?

Anyway it's really nice to meet you all! :) (And thanks so much Sherry for all the MP3s!)
Audrey
New arrival

Postby conchordgirl » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:55 am

Audrey wrote:Hello, I'm Audrey! :]

Which by the way does anyone know if the HBO schedule is in eastern time?

Hello fellow Texan and Conchordian,
I'm pretty sure that the times are Eastern, I went back to the website but it didn't say.I guess because it doesn't talk...um..ok... Anyhoo, Welcome!

--Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson
conchordgirl

Postby Sherry » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:23 am

Audrey wrote:Hello, I'm Audrey! :]

Anyway it's really nice to meet you all! :) (And thanks so much Sherry for all the MP3s!)

Nice to meet you Audrey :)

And you are quite welcome. Happy posting :D
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby music=life » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:44 am

Hello, everyone! (Yet) another American enchanted by the sensitive and eloquent music of Flight of the Conchords. I saw them earlier in the summer on Conan O'Brien and it was...love at first sight.

:)
music=life
New arrival

Location: The West Coast (of America) ... A Cherished Blue State

Postby Sherry » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:10 pm

music=life wrote:Hello, everyone! (Yet) another American enchanted by the sensitive and eloquent music of Flight of the Conchords. I saw them earlier in the summer on Conan O'Brien and it was...love at first sight.

:)

Hey music=life

I think I just crashed my computer replying to this message. If it posts I'll probably have to reboot :|

Anyways, glad you found the guys and us here. Enjoy.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Visiting the Southland

Postby kneedragger » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:18 pm

If we ever get them down this way it'll probably be Hotlanta and I still won't get to see them. I guess we could ask them to dinner. I'd be willing to drive down to get them.

Sean
"What kind of rapping name is STEVE!"
kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:53 pm

I've got quite a few friends in Atlanta, and it's only about a five hour drive. Just try and keep me away! And I'd make all my friends go, too. Basically, if they were anywhere on the East Coast, I'd be there. And I'd seriously consider going other places.

indigo_jones

What happens in Vegas...

Postby Fluffyblonde » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:04 pm

That FOTC convention in Las Vegas is looking more and more attractive everyday, isn't it!
Spencer's Sister
Fluffyblonde
Half a shapely halibut

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks