It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:59 pm

North American tour 2009 - general chat

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.

Re: North American tour 2009 - general chat

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:05 pm

I just read somewhere that there have been reported cases in New Zealand, Australia and one case in Israel. Sixteen countries have reported cases. :(

Scary stuff....wash your hands frequently! If you did go to a venue with swine flu infected peeps, wear a face mask and don't touch anyone. :shock:

*Sorry* back to topic.....

I was so disappointed that we didn't get R v H at 11....I really was hoping for the potency to come my way. :lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Me too, I was hoping his potency would have increased from the 8 pm show where he only made it to the 3rd row. It was kinda funny because he thought about it for just a split second before saying it, like he was quickly trying to decide how many of us to impregnant :lol:

Missed me by only one row. Michael leaned over and said, "Don't worry - there's always next show"

But it wasn't at the 11 :( So you're not the only one who missed out on the precious impregnation :roll2:

EDIT TO ADD: I was almost hoping I'd be "impregnated" just so I could get him to write something about it on my poster at the m/g. But since I wasn't - I couldn't do it :(
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Weez85 » Sun May 03, 2009 7:14 pm

The two Milwaukee shows both seemed a bit truncated, but that's to be expected. I'm glad I went to both. We got Stana, Jenny, Mutha 'Uckas, Most Beautiful Girl in The Room, Too Many Dicks, Fell In Love/Sugalumps, Carol Brown and Demon woman at both shows, but the rest were all different. They were a little light on season 1 material but that wasn't much of a surprise (even though I would have preferred some more). First encore was Demon Woman with Foux da Fafa, second was Demon Woman with Business Time.

After the 10 PM show the guys apparently snuck onto the bus while we were waiting and didn't sign anything or talk to anyone, but I guess that was to be expected after two shows and a show the following day. Overall I had a great time and so did the friend I was with. This was his first and second show, and my second and third.

Also of note, the hecklers were much more low key this time. Last year they were terrible but this time they were pretty respectful. Out of two shows, Bret only had to tell one guy to shut up. The others they made of fun but they never became problematic. My favorite moment of the night was when they decided to do the epileptic dog charity single and Bret completely ruined the lyrics and Jemaine tried to help and screwed them up even further. They had made fun of the people attending both shows by saying they were both basically the same, aside from Jemaine wearing different pants, but they declared this gigantic screw up as wholly different from the first show and any other shows they'd done on the tour thus far. Then they went right into the remix. Funny stuff.
Weez85
New arrival

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun May 03, 2009 7:56 pm

I heard that they weren't feeling well.

I certainly hope it was nothing a good night's sleep couldn't fix. I'd hate for one or both of them to get sick...AGAIN. :(
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Re: Camera issues at gigs and the 'How do I do that thread'

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Happy Anniversary (3 days late!) of last year's show, Kelly, BadAtom, Ardy, bjp4444, CJ, gnomer, and anyone else I'm forgetting. :supz:

It feels like it was just a few months ago......
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Camera issues at gigs and the 'How do I do that thread'

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:53 pm

Happy Anniversary indeed :D I got out all of my blurry pictures and oggled at them :D
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Previous

Return to 2009 Tour Archives