What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
SheWolf
 Post subject: Re: April 10 - Nashville, TN
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:08 pm 
Boom King!

I love looking at those kind of pics - the ones with them amongst the crowd (& not behind a barricade.) It's like a lovefest maaaaaannnnnn...

Carol
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:53 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Okay guys, there's more. I first wanted to clear it with slut_angel22 before posting.--as it has a lot to do with her.

Here ya go- I took her "the unwinning" poster with me to the concert and this is what happened with Bret:

I handed it to him. He read the top and giggled saying, "I like this." That's when I told him I couldn't take credit for it and who had made it. Then he looked at the pictures, still grinning ear to ear. When he read the bottom, he laughed under his breath, shook his head and said, "I really like your poster." I kinda thought, should I give it to him? Uh, no! It's mine. lol
He will forget me - has already I'm sure--and he will forget who I told him made it, but when he sees it again, he's gonna KNOW! I've told sa22 to be SURE to tell him that she is its creator. He is gonna be so pleased!

I'm now jealous of you whose shows are still ahead of you. Mine seems like a dream now. A viry, viry good dream! But almost like I can't believe it actually happened. That I have met and spoken with and been touched (physically) by FOTC! I mean, whowouldathunkit? Every now and then their faces pop into mind, and I just smile.

I was kinda hoping that seeing them would lessen my star-struck, celebrity-crush obsession. OMG, it has re-enforced it a bazillion times over! I'm as smitten by them as I was by the Beatles back in the 60s! Of course, with FOTC I merely want to be their surrogate mother and not a girlfriend/wife. :)

I want them to continue. Not with the season (I don't think), but just touring. They are PHENOMENAL! Way too good to just let this slip away.....And they have enough songs to do another tour--and even if they didn't, they can re-do the banter part--which is really the funniest part--and continue for years! Their songs are timeless, so they could ride this wave for decades--well, at least one decade. Oh they've already done that, haven't they? :wink: I don't care if they do other things--just DON'T let FOTC die. And if they are tired of it-then they are far better actors than anybody has given them credit for because they certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves-both on and off stage.

It was funny because the crowd waiting all stood at the stage door. A few of us stood farther away down the alley, near the front end of the bus. Laura and I found a seat in a window ledge (we're probably sitting in dried urine, laura told me. ugh!) See, the Ryman shares an alley with all the bars that are on Broadway. People were coming out the back doors of various bars and going, whatthehell's going on? And we'd say, FOTC and get one of two reactions. (1) Who? or (2) No sh**? The guys from HBO? They're here? Man, they're funny as hell.

But I digress.
Lo and behold, here come J & B from around the FRONT of the bus! Right there they were--and I sort of froze. Laura kept urging me not to let people get in front of me, but I'm kinda shy and not too terribly pushy-plus, I didn't want to go first or even second or third. I wanted to wait until nearer the end of the m&g. And that's what we did--and man, I feel like I won the jackpot!
Now I'm sad that it's over. I guess there's just no pleasing me!
There was so much more, but since I've only had 2 hours of sleep in the last 34 hours, I just can't go into it all now.

But it was THE most wonderful thing EVER! They are simply the BEST! They are consummate performers.

Kelly~ You are JUST NOT going to believe how spectacular it's gonna be! I promise you! You're gonna flippin' flip out!

Oh I remembered something else. At the meet and greet some guy came out of one of the bars. "Who is he?" he asked, regarding Jemaine. "Hey Jemaine, "the slightly drunken man shouted. "Who makes your suits?" (Jemaine wasn't wearing a suit.) Jemaine didn't ignore the guy, but had many others demanding his attention.
"Oh, so I guess I'm not gettin' an answer. So, who is he?"
I told the dm (drunken man) that he was part of a comedy music duo who recently had a show on HBO. "Hey Jeremiah," dm hollered again. (Jeremiah?! whatever, dude!) But Jemaine heard and looked at dm. "Hey I'm from Kentucky. First time I ever been to Nashville." Jemaine nods and gives a sort of "Jenny" look to the guy. "Can I get a picture with you, Jeremy?" And Jemaine took the photo. IN FACT, the guy kept reappearing and he probably has 6-8 pics with Jemaine. Now, what does that tell you???
Jemaine just obliged the fellow! Of course, it was shortly after dm's many pics that a woman (their manager perhaps?) emerged from the bus and told everyone that they needed to get on the road and if you'd had something signed or a pic taken, to please leave and let others have their turn. I'm not saying it was dm's fault. I'm just saying that it goes to show how special these guys are.
Oh, and by the time Jem and Bret came out of the Ryman, the rain had stopped. It was like the heaven's cleared for our special, special boys. It was still windy as could be though.
So, I don't think weather has a single thing to do with whether they meet with fans or not. If there's a fan there, they WILL take the time to speak with you--no matter how briefly it may be.
Holy cow--I think I'm so high I'm almost outta the atmosphere!

Oh, all of you yet to go this time around---it's gonna be better than the best adjective you can possibly think of. All I can think to say is - it was super Conchordian humility at its finest!

Last edited by Carol on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ardy
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:58 pm 
Redheads not warheads

carol, your account and review is aces. well done and said....
reading it just reinforces my belief that B & J are most sincere when it comes to
their fans.....and they're just down-to-earth nice guys.

how lucky are we? :D

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

Carol
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:27 pm 

Woman in the Park~ I'm not sure what you mean about how late was the meet and greet. Do you mean how long did we have to wait?
If that's the case, it was (I think) a tad over 2 hours.
If you're asking how long they mingled with the fans, I didn't look at my watch, but it was a long time. I think we were back to our car by around 1:15 (maybe?) and we were parked really close by.

SW~ though I agree that Jemaine is MAJOR hot with his stubble, after seeing that beautiful complexion of his, it's kinda shameful to cover it up with whiskers! :yawinkle:

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:53 pm 
She's like Switzerland

Carol I am SO excited and refreshed with hope from your accounts! I ABSOLUTELY cannot wait!

SheWolf
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:27 pm 
Boom King!

Man Carol you've got that southern hospitality. I'm a NY meanie. Last year's NYC venue was next to a bar too and there were quite a few onlookers who wanted to know who these guys were and I told them I didn't know. I didn't want B&J to be sidetracked with people who didn't even know who they were (if they had to ask me who they were obviously they didn't know them) and I didn't want a drunken fuss to ensue should word get out in the bar.

claire
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:50 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

thanks for all your stories carol i love reading them and it's getting me beyond excited for our turn!!!!!!!!! the guys truly are two of a kind, i can't believe how patient and kind they're being, i love them...

Carol
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:07 am 

I've been in a Conchordian haze most of today--so tired and still so wired.

I've deleted this post as thinking perhaps I should have kept it to myself.
Carol

Last edited by Carol on Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

claire
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:42 am 

aw carol the stories keep getting sweeter, thanks for sharing--btw what is the gif in your signature taken from, i love it...

Val2150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:17 am 
Stop touching the monkeys

Carol wrote:
I spoke to Jemaine a couple of different times. The last thing I said was to congratulate him on his marriage and the birth of his son. He gave me the most sweet smile and looking straight into my eyes said, "Thank you for that." :thud: I mean, you had to be there to get the full effect . Just made me love him even more! Thing is, I didn't even think about it might be delving too close into his private life--I just kind of blurted it out-and then wanted to bite my tongue off! But his reaction was just--priceless! It was like his love for them both just [b]radiated on his face[/b].....I won't soon be forgetting that, I tell ya!

And that is one of the million reasons why I admire him so much. Just a total sweetheart.....I've said it before, but his wife and son are so, so, so lucky. :D

AEW21
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:11 am 
Lost but happy at sea

Carol, thanks for those great, detailed reports. I'm sure the fellas appreciate that you talked to them, and not AT them. (And sweet of you to mention the Family Clement to Jemaine--I'm sure he must miss them when he's out bus-ing it around the USA.)

I love how Bret can find an animal shirt in whatever city he's in...

SheWolf
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:29 pm 
Boom King!

claire wrote:
what is the gif in your signature taken from, i love it...
It's from the behind the scenes doc.

Carol
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:31 pm 

Thanks for answering Claire, She Wolf!

Claire, I didn't do it though. I don't know how. A friend gave me the link to it. :)

SheWolf
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:56 pm 
Boom King!

A couple of pix here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kylejones/

claire
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:56 pm 

SheWolf wrote:
claire wrote:
what is the gif in your signature taken from, i love it...
It's from the behind the scenes doc.

oh dammit i never got to see it cuz it was on demand only right (not sure if it still is) i was trying to get it to work for me and it wouldn't and was too lazy to call customer service to figure it out, lol--are clips (or the whole doc) available online anywhere?

p.s. happy easter all!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next