April 29 - Chicago (second of two shows)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: April 29 - Chicago (second of two shows)

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:28 pm

:clap: That was cute! Thanks, robyn! :lol:

Ok, now I want to see them doing that song......
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:41 pm

prettyrobyngirl wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:Bret was wearing argyle at the m&g but I don't want to repost here without permission.

I just wanted to say that I LOVE argyle :tonqe:

Tease.

:D Sorry - but I figured there was a WTF-er or two who were at the m/g who would post pictures of them so I wouldn't have to go getting permission and whatnot.

If no one posts in the next few hours I'll post it :) Bret truly looks beautiful in argyle. I'd say the same for Jemaine but I haven't seen him in argyle (except for socks) so I can't speculate...

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:44 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Bret was wearing argyle at the m&g but I don't want to repost here without permission.

I just wanted to say that I LOVE argyle :tonqe:

Oh yes Bret looked great in argyle 8)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:32 pm

AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH! Show us the argyle already!!!! You're KILLING me! :worry:
Spandex Inspector #12

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:38 pm

Alright, but only if you PM me and give me some info on your m/g with the guys! I've been waiting to hear about it for ages now :)

- thanks to Casey for posting this :)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Oh.....a Conchord sammitch pic! It's good to see Bret looking so well again.
Lookit all of those unbuttoned buttons...... :worry:
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:14 pm

LauraK wrote:Another excellent show! Any word on a M&G?

Wasn't one apparently. Although someone else might say differently. I got this email from Renee *copies and pastes a chunk of it*

So the show was fantastic... although it was also kind of awkward? There seemed to be a bit of tension between the audience and FotC.

There was no meet and greet either :( I waited around as long as i could but the theatre is set up so weird they kicked everyone out by 1030 and the show ended just a little before 10... i dont think they did one the night before either.

When they played Carol Brown none of the ladies sang along... and then Bret and Jemaine said we were a pretty bad audience but said we had room to improve...

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:21 pm

I just saw a tweet from John Wesley Harding(twitter him at @wesleystace). He performed with Eugene the last two nights in Chicago. Today, he posted a blog and some pictures backstage and outside. It's a nice prospective from someone unfamilar with FOTC. He also tells of a close encounter they all had with a huge celebrity after the show. :shock: Who could it be??? You will have to read it now, won't you!!

link to blog-
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =486396484
link to photos-
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... Id=2619888

Enjoy!
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:45 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Alright, but only if you PM me and give me some info on your m/g with the guys! I've been waiting to hear about it for ages now :)

I second that. The Toronto thread is still empty with your words Bibli! PLEASE, for those of us who are stranded in far off lands and not anywhere near the beloved Conchordia :)
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Thanks Sherry and tvldiva for the good info. :)

Loved what JWH had to say in his blog about the review, but mostly how much he enjoyed seeing the Conchords himself. :) That was pretty sweet. I loved the way he captioned his pics! :lol:

Oh, and the huge celebity sighting? Hehehe, you could almost see the sarcasm drip from the computer screen as he wrote about it....

I can't believe no one sang along! Maybe the ladies were a bit shy......
ImageImage

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:46 pm

LauraK wrote:Thanks Sherry and tvldiva for the good info. :)

Loved what JWH had to say in his blog about the review, but mostly how much he enjoyed seeing the Conchords himself. :) That was pretty sweet. I loved the way he captioned his pics! :lol:

Oh, and the huge celebity sighting? Hehehe, you could almost see the sarcasm drip from the computer screen as he wrote about it....

I can't believe no one sang along! Maybe the ladies were a bit shy......

I love the pic of Eugene's fans, especially the caption. Kinda makes you feel for poor Eugene. :bighug:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:53 pm

Guess what! I found a clip from the show last night... Bret's Day. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ru3EfECMcM

There are some really cute moments in there, it gets so good after about two minutes. I wish I could have heard the banter before and after!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:57 pm

That argyle is the sweater he wore at the Makoura benefit - is that the school uniform there? Is it wicked of me to imagine him decked out in school kit? :snakeman: Not like Angus Young - that's just creepy... :tsk:

ksp & prg - I'll try to compose something coherent and post it on the 4/22 Toronto thread in the next 24 hours, with the links to my Facebook photo albums (blurry but beautiful...) Fun Fact: had I not been given the opportunity to spend the week at Camp Turnip in Toronto, Chicago was my pilgrimage venue of choice. Breakfast at Lou Mitchell's, lunch at Manny's, pizza at Golden Crust...mmmmmmmmm!
Spandex Inspector #12

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Fri May 01, 2009 12:18 am

prettyrobyngirl wrote:Guess what! I found a clip from the show last night... Bret's Day. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ru3EfECMcM

Nice find, prettyrobyngirl. I was hoping that someone would have a clip of it. Everyone laughs because some of Bret's printouts fall to the floor as he's trying to read the lyrics. That song was a sweet treat, indeed.

Towards the end of the show some guy came onstage and they put up the stage lights and took a picture of the audience. They said it was for promotional purposes.

I don't remember what brought it about, but once again (like last year at the Chicago Theatre) they brought up the movie Chicago and they used their jazz hands. Jemaine didn't know what to call people from Chicago.

Out of the two Chicago shows, this one the guys felt much looser and relaxed and just went with the flow and laughed at their little mistakes, but I think they were more irked by the constant shout-outs from the audience. Yes I think the bunch of women behind me who chanted Foux De Fa Fa over and over and over and over got their wish. I think they played it just to get them to shut up.

When tickets went on sale for this 2nd Chicago show, I was unaware and offline, and they went on sale at 3pm (odd time for tix to go on sale) so I didn't get a good seat for the show. I was upset that at Tuesdays show I counted 6 empty seats in the orchestra pit so I looked on Craigslist Wednesday morning and found a seat in the pit 2nd row for a really reasonable price. Wow, those seats are fantastic plus you get cooled off from the dry ice that is being fanned across the stage. At the end of the show, Bret reamed out the guy sitting in front of me who was texting all night long and apparently Bret was annoyed by it too. One real good thing about it for me was that he was crouched forward with his elbows on his knees most of the time which made the view much better for me.....it felt like I was in the front row! What a view:shock:
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 01, 2009 12:28 am

Thanks, robyn!! That was terrific- I think they did pretty well considering that's the first live performance of that one. Do we know if Bret's Day is the actual title of that one?

Whambi-
Glad you had such great seats for the second show! How did you like Suaglumps from that vantage point? Were you accused by Jemaine of trying to check out his sugalumps or perhaps photograph them? :lol:

Ohhhhh, I want to go to another show.......
ImageImage

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”