It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:43 am

WTFIUO Videos

A little cosy corner for our uke players to gather. Be you potential, beginner, intermediate or world expert on uke playing, this is the place for you.

Moderators: Nancy, SuzyBatt

Re: WTFIUO Videos

Postby biscuit » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:23 pm

You should check out transposing, because it's not that hard and you don't have to go up a whole octave :wink:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:03 am

Mockingbird! That was so much fun! Our first intentionally funny video! :lol: You have great comedic timing! Wow you are good on the guitar, how long have you played? :clap: Kinda sneaky to put it up the same day S2 comes out! Even now I'm listening to Jemaine laugh (can't get enough) while I'm posting this. I just came in for a quick "forum fix" and find your awesome video! :yay: Your hairstyle is quite different from high school. Somehow in my head though, you'll always have big hair and huge shoulder pads! :rolls: Your kids are adorable. They're almost as adorable as you.

Thanks for posting! More, more! 8)
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby mockingbird » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:30 am

You folks are too kind, seriously. I can't believe I actually put it up. I wasn't going to, I had planned on doing it again because I screwed it up in SO MANY places, lol! But the kids wanted to watch it so we did, and we were laughing at it the whole time so I figured, what the heck.

nonchalant obsession wrote:Our first intentionally funny video!

I wouldn't say it was completely intentional, lol.

Kelly - I'm not a lefty, my son is though. For some reason the camera flipped the image, hubby remarked on that too though I have to say I didn't notice.

So! I'm looking forward to seeing more uke videos. :nod:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:39 am

Mock, can you tag your video WTFIUO so it comes up on the YouTube search? Kelly you too?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby mockingbird » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:50 am

OK, but I'm still going to harp on the fact that it's technically not a ukulele.

BTW nonch to answer your question, I have been playing guitar for an embarrassingly long time, lol. I should be MUCH MUCH better than I actually am, ha ha. But it's fun and let's face it, there has to be SOMEONE sitting around the campfire who is willing to play a half-assed version of Rocky Raccoon for everyone to shout along with. ;) That's one of the good things about ukes I would think - they're more portable. Hm. Rocky Raccoon on uke. I bet that would be pretty cool, lol.
mockingbird

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:01 am

Sure I will tag it tomorrow when I get my new laptop, I'm just on my iTouch right now

:)
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby mockingbird » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:09 am

Um, not to be stupid but by "tag", do you mean add a keyword or add it to the title or what?
mockingbird

Postby vmh » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:41 am

I really enjoyed that mock, mess ups, leg antlers (5:01) and all! I'd be too nervous to sing but everyone that has posted a video sounds pretty good.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:52 am

mockingbird wrote:Um, not to be stupid but by "tag", do you mean add a keyword or add it to the title or what?

I think if you just add the WTFIUO anywhere in the title or description it will work. Because right now when WTFIOU is entered into the search box, up pops all of biscuits videos and I'm right there with her! :D We could all be together there at least. Plus I'm too lazy to scroll back through all the pages to find all the vid links. A guitar is just a big, fancy, overblown ukulele anyway, right?

Thanks Kelly.

Vanessa. Hello, you couldn't possibly be more nervous than I was, and I don't regret it. Just have fun. That's what it's all about. Please make one.

It's so exciting to see this little project grow and we need to keep the International part going. (Especially when Indigo gets her drink on, tosses off her robe and makes her video) Zebra too! Then the WTFIUO will have more non-americans.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby biscuit » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:26 am

Ahem... it's not international though...it's imaginary :wink: Even so it's great to have people from all over:)

I just got my Aquilas today :cheer: I wonder if I'll be able to re-string McKenzie all on my own :worry:

As for scrolling back to find vids; Indy puts them all up in the first post :nod:
biscuit

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Ooops! It's that other ukulele orchestra that is international. :lol: How are the Aquilas? Does it make a big difference? You are brave to try the restringing yourself. The guy at our store said he does a lot of restringing, but he talked me out of new strings. :dunno: Apparently he doesn't work on commision, (or he hates restringing.) Good luck.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby biscuit » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:09 pm

Yeah, it's that other one :lol: We're slightly cooler, which is possible because we're imaginary :D Cool clothes and floating lamp shades? No problem! *snaps fingers*

I've only changed on string yet, but that went very well :nod:
biscuit

Postby LauraK » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:22 pm

:prayer: You guys are all great! I so love watching your performances and that's what they are- real performances, not imaginary ones, lol! :D

mock, that was terrific! Loved the backing vocals from your little people, too. :)

Keep up the good work....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby biscuit » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:11 pm

True:) The performances are not imaginary, but I'm way cooler in my head than I seem in the vids :lol:

And we're never playing together, so in that way we're an imaginary orchestra :D And if we ever do get together to play, the name will give people something to wonder about :wink:

I love watching you other guys perform as well :nod: I think you all should do some more vids. Stat! Nonch? You're down by several compared to me and Kel. And Indy and Zebra: Ditch the robes and get rocking :cheer:
biscuit

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:30 am

Yeah, I really doubt that's going to happen. ;) Although the boyfriend is probably going out of town this week and I'm sure to have a night of drunken (lonely) debauchery, so who knows. :wink:

And yes, just to drive home the point, all videos posted here are listed in the very first post of this thread, just to make it easier for everyone to find.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

PreviousNext

Return to Uke players corner