It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Me and him together... #2

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Re: Me and him together... #2

Postby LauraK » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:59 am

It does, doesn't it? :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Venus » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:33 am

I just came across some clips of Bret and Jemaine (and Rhys and Taika) during their early years on a show called Pulp Comedy. I've seen a clip on YouTube of them performing on this show but I hadn't seen these other performances before including that song they perform with Cal towards the end of the "Cal Wilson and Friends" episode :lol: : http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/pulp-comedy-1996/series
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby SheWolf » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Nice find Venus. Skinny armed, pre-bison Jemaine. And even a frumpy lady mention, awesome! Loved the duet with Cal Wilson, did ya catch the lazy eye line?
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:36 am

J had a cheat sheet. :lol:

90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Previously unseen clip from A Texan Odyssey. :D

90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Venus » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Thanks for posting, SW. Always good to see new-old stuff. :D Gotta love how they were struggling for questions and how Jemaine's thoughts on getting rid of tension. :lol:

And yeah I enjoyed listening to references in the Cal Wilson song that appeared again during their later years. I hope more material like that turns up. :)
&
Venus

Postby Venus » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:03 am

@piperferguson:
Processed some film I found and these guys were on it ... that was a fun day @fotc

Source
8)
&
Venus

Postby SheWolf » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:07 pm

90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Venus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:34 am

&
Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:27 am

Bret & Jemaine continue to show their support for Christchurch. They've contributed a song which will feature on a fundraising album. 8)
Here's the Pledge Me page for "Songs for Christchurch"
&
Venus

Postby Venus » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:49 pm

According to FB, the song which is going to feature on the Songs for Christchurch album is "Pencils in the Wind". :)

ETA:
Songs for Christchurch
Album raises money for local projects
VICKI ANDERSON
Last updated 15:42 05/10/2012

Barnaby Bennett talks to Vicki Anderson about Songs for Christchurch, a project designed to raise international awareness of Kiwi talent and funds for rebuilding Christchurch.

Songs for Christchurch is a music-driven fundraising effort that aims to raise money for projects in Christchurch and promote Christchurch and New Zealand artists to overseas audiences.

In direct response to the Christchurch earthquakes, it is a compilation album featuring tracks donated by 22 local and international artists including Grammy Award winners Flight of the Conchords, British musician Imogen Heap and American musician Amanda Palmer, who was due to perform in Christchurch on the week of the February 2011 quake.

Via PledgeMe, the team behind the project (which includes Jessie Moss of Jessie James and the Outlaws and architect Barnaby Bennett) aims to raise $7700 by 11.59pm on October 15.

Bennett moved to Christchurch in January.

"Being an architect I moved to Christchurch because I saw the city's response to the disaster as exciting. In Wellington, I've been involved in the Cuba Street Festival and the Jazz Festival. I was in Melbourne and heard about this idea from someone at Architecture for Humanity. They said 'let's do a fundraising album, who wants to be involved?' and I offered my assistance," he says.

All money from album sales, less "unavoidable administration fees", will go to the Architecture for Humanity charity and help fund their Christchurch-based operation and community projects rebuilding Christchurch.

Specifically, Bennett says, it will be used to support pro-bono design and construction management for Christchurch non-profits and community organisations over a "wide range of community projects".

One project they are working on is the rebuild of Unlimited High School, which was located in the central business district, and subsequently destroyed by the earthquake.

Heap performed an acoustic concert in Christchurch in April titled Songs For Christchurch to raise funds for the earthquake-hit school.

The sold-out concert at the Aurora Centre was Heap's only New Zealand show.

Many artists have donated rewards for pledgers, including Tim Finn who has donated the signed, handwritten lyrics of Persuasion, Flight of the Conchords, The Black Seeds, Ladi6 and The Eastern, who have each donated items.

Bennett says he has been thrilled by the support artists have given the project.

"Tim Finn and Flight of the Conchords came on board really early on, so did Imogen Heap. All of the artists involved have a relationship to Christchurch in some way and they've given us their songs for free. I've worked out that they've given us around $250,000 in intellectual copyrights pro bono which is amazing," he says.

Flight of the Conchords have donated the track Pencils in the Wind, which has previously only been available as a bonus track.

"We've got a bit of money to raise but they've put a link to the project on their Facebook page and they have 1 1/2 million fans, so hopefully some of them around the world will help out," Bennett says.

Songs For Christchurch will be internationally released on December 2.

In Christchurch, it will be launched on December 2 with a live gig featuring five acts who have contributed to the project.

"We hope to hold it on an empty site near Re:Start," Bennett says.

The album will also feature limited edition screen-printed posters of hand illustrations of all contributing artists by Kiwi illustrator John Baker.

Go to YouTube/user/ songsforchristchurch to see a video about the project made by Christchurch film-maker Gerard Smyth, who shot When A City Falls, alongside Gareth Moon and Giles McNeill.

"The album's all ready to go. We just need the money for production and to get it out there and, hopefully, make a difference," Bennett says.

See pledgeme.co.nz/429 to donate, and songsforchristchurch.org, youtube.com/user/songsforchristchurch or twitter.com/songs4chchnz for updates on the project.

THEY SAY

"I came to visit Christchurch as the festival in Auckland I was due to play was cancelled. I decided that as I was in the area and Christchurch could probably do with a little musical distraction to head over there and join other musicians with the same feelings. I saw a steeple sitting on the pavement as I drove into Christchurch. A sad sight. The night was great fun with everyone in strong spirits. My song Neglected Space felt right to dedicate as a song to all the tumbled, crumpled buildings crying out again for human connection." Imogen Heap

"It's about artists that want to spread awareness, the money that will come will be one side of the rebuild, but more important than that is keeping up an awareness of Christchurch." Delaney Davidson

"For those who live outside of Christchurch . . . pledging, donating towards this project is a very easy, quick and a meaningful way to help out. It says that you are aware of the city's ongoing struggle and that you care." Jessie Moss (Jessie James and the Outlaws)

"It's awesome music donated by awesome musicians to help regenerate Christchurch." Ryan Prebble (The Nudge)

"It gives us all an opportunity to reconnect with that concept of community. . . . not just doing everything for yourself but for others . . . you should support the album because it gives you the opportunity to say 'I can contribute in some small way'." LA Mitchell

"You can't rely on the power structures that are already in place, you can't necessarily rely on the Government, on the insurance companies you've invested with your whole life. . . but you can rely on your fellow humans. The stuff that's happening inside people, that's not so easy to see, and I think if people outside of Christchurch are willing to connect to us there, it just really helps in a sense of solidarity." Adam McGrath (The Eastern)

"The buildings have been pulled down, but nothing has been erected in their place yet. . . this is my hometown, so it's been like an arrow to the heart." Mara TK (Electric Wire Hustle)

"You have to think outside the square, because the square collapsed." Paul McLaney (Fly My Pretties)

THE ARTISTS

Flight of the Conchords

AHoriBuzz

Tim Finn

Fat Freddy's Drop

Imogen Heap

Amanda Palmer

Delaney Davidson

The Black Seeds

The Eastern

Electric Wire Hustle

The Unfaithful Ways

Greg Johnson

Spartacus R

LA Mitchell

Jessie James and the Outlaws

Ladi6

Dear Frontier

The Nudge

The Yoots

Fly My Pretties

Plus more to be announced

Source
&
Venus

Postby Venus » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Posted by tazzyd24 on Instagram:
#famous #starstruck #flightoftheconchords

&
Venus

Postby ItsAllRyche » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 pm

YAY! Great Pic!! Kudos to you ! :clap: :D
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Venus » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:30 pm

This one time I met Brett and Jemaine, and Adam Hills took the photo.

Source

Bret, Jemaine & Adam Hills in the same place at the same time. :heart:

2008/9 pic:
joegoger: this is absolutely real.... I ran into them at #Trails coffee shop in Griffith park... They are super cool dudes

Source
&
Venus

Postby coralfang » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:59 pm

coralfang
New arrival

PreviousNext