Dreaming of...

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Dreaming of...

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Funny S, Nope, no foot fetish. Feet are just things you walk on to me. :lol: He does have a talent for that true, but this was not one of those times..

Nonch, you're so awesome! I always think you're just going to go well crap Dt you've gone bonkers, sorry to be the first to inform you...but you always come up with something really insightful and a lot to think about. I did feel a bit apprehensive but also happy when he sent Bret out. "Too big, too many, incompatible" describes my work schedule to a T this week! I have the same week next week. I'm handling it, but I really don't want to lol. I'm either overbooked, or I have huge dogs or dogs that shouldn't be on the same day together. So yes, very frustrated with work and other aspects of my life lately. I do NEED a vacation very badly!! Fingers crossed that I get to go to the UK when the tour hits.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:46 pm

DT - your dream was hilarious - and your description even funnier!!

I had a Conchords dream! It's been such a long while since I last had one. Some of it has become sketchy, but from what I remember I arrived home (not real home) to find that Bret and Jemaine had crashed at my place - in between shows? Not sure why. Jemaine was sleeping, and Bret was just resting. I talked to him a bit I think, but it was really Jemaine I was waiting to talk to. But he was sleeping the whole time. Finally, I really had to go out on an errand and when I got back - they had left! I was heart-broken. To think that I could have conversed with Jemaine in my own living room!!! Hubby was very excited about having met them and wanted to make sure we went to see their next show (much more enthusiastic than in RL). Then, I later saw them walking down the street but couldn't say anything because I was sure they would think I was some freak fan - and not the person who's home they had just crashed in. Oh, and Jemaine had long rock-star hair - I'm talking past the shoulder, with long bangs brushed to the side of his face. It was supposed to be for a part he was going to play. And then I woke up!

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:19 pm

This is seriously one of my favorite threads! Everyone's dreams are so different, and it also feels good to confess some of those truly bizarre ones. Oh boy, DT. I don't even know what to think about Jemaine and his foot...thing. Wow. Suzy, that's so sad you didn't get to chat with J when he was right there in your dream. :( Still, at least you got to see him with that gorgeous long hair. (I do love me some long hair!)

Last night, I had the most realistic Conchords dream I've probably ever had. (No Action Fighter, low-budget operas, or Jemaine singing with a gospel choir in this one.) In this dream, I had tickets to see the Conchords perform at a local bar. This surprised me, because the last time they were in Seattle, they sold out 3 nights in a theatre. A bar seemed like a real downgrade in performance venues. Worst of all, it was general admission seating, so I figured I wouldn't get a good spot near the stage, because I couldn't queue outside the gig all day.

I arrived at the bar about 2 hours before the performance, and my boyfriend was planning to meet me there an hour later, after he got off work. The ticket taker at the door asked me for an additional $7. I told her I'd already purchased a ticket, so why did I need to pay extra? She said it was a cover charge for entering the bar. So I paid her, went inside, and was surprised to see the entire audience standing at the back of the bar, just ordering drinks and talking. There were about 10 rows of chairs up by the stage, and nearly all of them were empty, including the front row. I couldn't believe my luck! I deliberately sat in a seat on the left side of the stage, because I was hoping to get a little, um, Sugalumps action from Big J. :P The chairs were pretty high, like the ones you'd sit on at the bar, so I had to climb up into my seat (I've got short legs). I saw that Jemaine was already on the stage, hiding behind the drum kit, tuning his guitar. He had on a trucker hat and a healthy amount of stubble. I resisted the urge to wave, because I didn't want to look like a dork.

After tuning his guitar, Jemaine had to test the mics. He picked up his mic and started singing a beautiful love song. Apparently it was a well-known one, because the bar patrons started singing along, and Jemaine was encouraging everyone to join in. Of course, I can't remember for the life of me what it was! :x Bret had come onstage by now to soundcheck, and just the sight of him made me feel very coy. If I had something to hide behind, I would have. Jemaine invited everyone to move up into the rows of chairs, because they didn't like having such a huge gap between them and the audience. Just then, Jemaine jumped down off the stage, and stood in front of the chair right beside me. The girl sitting in the chair turned 20 shades of red, as Jemaine sang to her and straddled her chair. Gosh dang it! I had missed sitting in the Sugalumps chair by ONE chair! :bang: I was pretty bitter, but I still took a video of Jemaine's test straddle on my mortified neighbor. I stepped away from my seat for a moment, probably to call my boyfriend to make sure he was on his way. When I returned, Jemaine was standing next to my chair, blocking my access to it. I very softly said "excuse me." He turned around and said, "Oh sorry, go right on ahead sweetheart." He held out his arms, and stood sideways to allow me some more room. It was a tight fit, so there was quite a lot of full-frontal brushing as I squeezed past him. My cheeks were aflame with embarrassment as I climbed back into my too-high chair. :oops:

The guys finished up their soundcheck, and I suddenly realized that my boyfriend probably didn't have $7 cash to get into the bar. I checked the time, and figured he would be arriving any minute. I asked the girl next to me to please save my 2 seats, as I ran outside to figure things out. I asked the ticket girl at the door if I could just give her $7 now, and have her let my boyfriend in when he arrived. She said that I could give her the money if I wanted, but that my boyfriend would still need to pay $7 if he wanted to get into the show. I was very upset, because showtime was less than an hour away, and I knew someone was going to take our seats. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to wait for my boyfriend to show up, so I could give him the $7. I woke up right after that, so I don't know if things worked out. Sad! :cry: At least I got to hear the soundcheck, and had that little run-in with Jemaine. I won't lie, it was pretty exciting. I'm really beginning to think that my subconscious is a Jemainiac...

SuzyBatt

Postby SuzyBatt » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:43 am

Ok, just have to take a moment to say that I've now had my second FOTC dream in a row where Jemaine is in my house, but I can't see/talk to him because he is SLEEPING! What all is that about? :bang:

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:08 am

Yikes! No good! You must need to change your bedtime routine. :lol:

SuzyBatt

Postby SuzyBatt » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:23 am

I think the bedtime routine actually included watching the outtakes both times, plus last night I also watched the On Air documentary, so... Yeah, Jemaine sleeping does come up a lot.
Perhaps I should be perusing the old Maxim interview video. No doubt sleep wouldn't enter my subconscious then. Nuff said.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:27 am

I'm so jealous of you all and your dreams. I NEVER dream about the Conchords. *pout* It might be because I think about them so much while I'm awake, my brain needs a break at night, lol.

DaMango wrote:Just then, Jemaine jumped down off the stage, and stood in front of the chair right beside me. The girl sitting in the chair turned 20 shades of red, as Jemaine sang to her and straddled her chair. ...

:rolls: That's me in Portland! See, *I* should be having these dreams! My memories are off hanging out with DaMango in *her* dreams instead, lol. It's not fair.

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:34 am

Well Mock, it wouldn't be the only time a WTFer appeared in one of my freaky Conchords dreams. Unfortunately, I'm never on the receiving end of the freakiness, just an observer. *sigh*

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:24 pm

I just awoke from a dream. I’ll just share a portion from it.

I was in Vegas again. This time I was with my sister and we were going to an FOTC show. They were playing in some proscenium theatre and we had pretty good seats. The show part seemed to fast forward in my brain because before I knew it, it was over. I saw them both leave the theatre out some back entrance so I got up and told my sister to follow me. I didn't see a tour bus but I saw Bret and Jemaine walking with a single fan out to their cars in a parking garage. This is when I realized I had left my purse with my camera inside the venue, tucked under my seat. I then had to make a desicion whether to pursue them without my camera or to run back inside really quick to fetch my things. I decided to go back inside because I didn't want to leave my purse out in the open for the taking so my sister tagged along. After running up an almost endless flight of stairs and explaining to a countless number of staff members that I left my purse inside, I finally found it. It felt like ages but I was still hopeful that the guys were still outside. I ran to the garage only to be stopped by two parking attendants. There was a black limousine behind them and I could see the outlines of several faces inside (including Bret and Jemaine's). I sulked as they drove off, thinking I had been so foolish for leaving my belongings inside in the first place.

So, this is where it's gets stupid. I lost it and started bawling. I mean, really ridiculous, over the top, bawling. I need attention and I need it now! I was laying down on the floor of the parking lot just crying and stomping my foot and flailing my arms. Just making a spectacle of myself. I thought maybe if I cried enough, they would take me to the hospital and the doctor would conclude that the only possible cure for my depression would be a visit from both Bret and Jemaine (Hey, it’s a dream! It’s possible!). My sister and the two parking attendants just watched on as I continued to act like a brat and after awhile, I got sick of it too.

I think this stems from all my pre-Emmy anxiety. It’s one thing to watch it on TV. It’s another to try to go down there on Sunday. I’m afraid that if I don’t show up at the right time, I’ll miss them walking down the red carpet. I was in a down mood yesterday because of it but after sleeping, I feel fine again.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:13 pm

:goodman: I HATE those kinds of dreams. "I have to get somewhere but all these obstacles are holding me up!" Grrr.

PLEASE try not to stress about the Emmys, although I'm sure I would be too if I were in your shoes. How I wish I were in your shoes! Ha ha! I'm all relaxed over here because there is NO CHANCE of me seeing the guys walking around Lexington KY so it's easy for me to say. I'm sure if you just get there at 8:00 AM it will work out fine, lol.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Ugh, I hate dreams where you've forgotten your purse or lost it and go off on that search.....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:30 pm

DaMango wrote:Well Mock, it wouldn't be the only time a WTFer appeared in one of my freaky Conchords dreams. Unfortunately, I'm never on the receiving end of the freakiness, just an observer. *sigh*
Wasn't I in one of your dreams? :eyelashes:
90% evil
ImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:40 pm

Rani,

Id say "full frontal brushing" is a bit freaky! :lol:

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:24 pm

SheWolf wrote:
DaMango wrote:Well Mock, it wouldn't be the only time a WTFer appeared in one of my freaky Conchords dreams. Unfortunately, I'm never on the receiving end of the freakiness, just an observer. *sigh*

Wasn't I in one of your dreams? :eyelashes:

Mmm...yes, but I'm not sure if I should share the details of that dream. Oh boy.

And yeah CJ, I suppose that was a bit freaky, but it was unintentional. :lol:

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Last night I had my first-ever clearly remembered Conchords dream:

I'm in a large loft-style apartment with large windows, white walls and light-colored hardwood floors. Bret is sitting on the floor amidst a mess of childrens' toys, gleefully operating a electric train set. When i turn to my right, Jemaine is standing there, laughing at Bret. Off at the other end of the room (which seems about 200 feet away) I see a red haired woman I assume to be Miranda hop off a treadmill and scamper into the next room, then peek around the doorway rather playfully. Then I wake up.
Spandex Inspector #12

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”