Dreaming of...

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: Dreaming of...

Postby DaMango » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:40 pm

What a cute dream, bibli!

seasick_sarah
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby seasick_sarah » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:32 am

I had this one a couple of nights ago: My friends and I were out at a bar, and the same thing that ALWAYS happens when we go out happened...I meet a guy and start talking to him, and it seems promising, but then my friends are there watching, giggling in the background, so I get embarrassed and feel bad for leaving them behind, and it just turns into polite conversation. Except the guy this time was BRET, of course. :oops: So that was the first part of the dream, me talking to Bret with Jemaine hovering in the background somewhere. :lol: Then they ended up tagging along with us as we traipsed around the empty streets of Melbourne at about three in the morning. We sat down in the middle of the road (I think the exact location was the corner of Lonsdale and Swanston streets, haha):
and they started playing a slow folk song, with everyone singing along. I don't remember how it ended, but I know it was a disappointment overall! :tears:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:38 am

Sounds pretty good to me.....hangin out with them, they're playing for you....maybe the next one will be more to your liking. :yawinkle:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:51 am

Wow, there must be something in the air because I had my first Conchords dream the other night too! Weird.

Anyway, I was in Texas with my husband and our old friend Jim. We were hanging around outside some old lodge-type building because there was going to be a Conchords show later on. There were all these picnic tables outside and we were sitting at one of them, there were some people milling about, etc. Jim killed a scorpion with his shoe. I went inside to get a drink of water and there were some people inside, setting up the equipment. You could just walk right in, the doors were wide open but most people were outside because it was so hot. There was a bar with a kind of kitchen attached. It all seemed very homey and informal and there was no bartender or anything so I grabbed a cup and I was looking for a tap or something to get water from and I couldn't find one. I started wandering about the premises and I ran into Jemaine. He asked me if everything was going OK and I said yeah, I was just really thirsty, so he took my cup and said he'd get me a drink. He brought it back and it even had ice in it. What a guy. :lol: So I went back outside and hung out with the guys (MY guys, not THE guys, lol) until I finished my water, then I went back inside to throw away the cup, and I saw Jemaine in the kitchen doing dishes. I felt like I owed him for hooking me up with the water, plus I was eager for the chance to hang out with him so I went over and offered to help. So Jemaine and I did the dishes together. :lol: :roll: I FINALLY conjure up Jemaine in my dreams and what do I do with him but wash dishes. Lame. Anyway, the show was about to start so I went back outside to get Bran and Jim but I couldn't find them so I spent the rest of the dream looking for them, in a state of anxiety because I was afraid the show would start before I found them.

:rolleyes:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:11 am

Doing the dishes may not be part of foreplay but it's still very important!

Think of how much more fun doing the dishes would be if Jemaine would magically appear to keep you company. Never again will there be an argument over who does the dishes in your house. Instead, you'd probably be running around the house asking, "Who has dishes? Do you have a dirty dish? Do you? Damnnit, why not?!"

I'm sure all your dishes will be sparkling clean.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:23 am

vmh wrote:Doing the dishes may not be part of foreplay but it's still very important!

Think of how much more fun doing the dishes would be if Jemaine would magically appear to keep you company. Never again will there be an argument over who does the dishes in your house. Instead, you'd probably be running around the house asking, "Who has dishes? Do you have a dirty dish? Do you? Damnnit, why not?!"

I'm sure all your dishes will be sparkling clean.

Ahahahaha! :lol: It's so true. :oops:

Maze

Postby Maze » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:39 am

mockingbird wrote:....and I saw Jemaine in the kitchen doing dishes. I felt like I owed him for hooking me up with the water, plus I was eager for the chance to hang out with him so I went over and offered to help. So Jemaine and I did the dishes together. :lol: :roll: I FINALLY conjure up Jemaine in my dreams and what do I do with him but wash dishes. Lame. Anyway, the show was about to start so I went back outside to get Bran and Jim but I couldn't find them so I spent the rest of the dream looking for them, in a state of anxiety because I was afraid the show would start before I found them.

:rolleyes:

Hmmm..perhaps it was inspired by the last episode of Season 2 where Jemaine's washing dishes in the trailer? Was your husband or anyone playing harp, by chance???

Sounds like a swell dream to me! Jemaine, water, bubbles - what more could a girl ask for? :D

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:25 am

I had a dream where I read that the guys agreed to do a third season. I was so disappointed.

Gracie

Postby Gracie » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:08 am

:roll2:
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:30 pm

Bad Atom wrote:I had a dream where I read that the guys agreed to do a third season. I was so disappointed.

:fence: :wink:

Come on, Season Three.... :pray:
Image..Image..Image

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Bad Atom wrote:I had a dream where I read that the guys agreed to do a third season. I was so disappointed.

Funny, I've actually dreamt that before! (but I wasn't disappointed...I don't really remember my reaction, but I think it was a happy one) :lol:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:57 pm

Well, I'm on record as being strongly against a third season, so the dream was very realistic. :)

I actually have a habit of waking up if my dreams get too unrealistic or unbelievable. Like last night where my dad flew me around town in his private jet and I wondered (during the dream) how he could afford the jet fuel, let alone a private jet. :hrm:

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:23 pm

Jemaine was all over my dreams last night! :love:

First, I had a dream that we were hanging out. I don't remember anything else about this dream except that I was hanging out with J and it was lovely. :heart:

Then I had a dream that a bunch of photos of Jem at the Emmys popped up and I was posting them in the forum. There were two where he was smoking! (As in cigarettes... though he was smoking hot in all of the photos :waggle: ) Then we speculated about whether that was a habit he picked up after playing Spook. (Though I have no idea if Spook smokes.)

Ah, if only my dreams could be Jem-filled every night. :love:
Image Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:38 pm

funny schipperke wrote:Jemaine was all over my dreams last night! :love:

First, I had a dream that we were hanging out. I don't remember anything else about this dream except that I was hanging out with J and it was lovely. :heart:

Then I had a dream that a bunch of photos of Jem at the Emmys popped up and I was posting them in the forum. There were two where he was smoking! (As in cigarettes... though he was smoking hot in all of the photos :waggle: ) Then we speculated about whether that was a habit he picked up after playing Spook. (Though I have no idea if Spook smokes.)

Ah, if only my dreams could be Jem-filled every night. :love:

Well, since you mentioned it, Spook is a smoker.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:40 pm

coming in here reminded me that im sure i had a dream involving jem the other night..i remember sitting on his lap but thats all i can remember now..damn.

Why did i get double stuffed?

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”