Dreaming of...

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
closet jemainiac

Re: Dreaming of...

Postby closet jemainiac » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:17 pm

I will be SHOCKED if I DONT have 12 Jemaine dreams tonight. Its been an all day Jemaine-fest!

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:34 pm

I'm hoping and praying. :pray:

onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onefeathertail » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:54 am

I had the strangest dream last night.

I was sitting around in an old house my family used to live in and came across Jemaine's phone number in my mother's cell phone. Somehow in the dream I knew they were acquaintances so I dialed his number and for the next twenty minutes my dream consisted of me talking to Jemaine. I can't really remember the conversation, but I remember him saying he was busy but had time to talk, if I wanted to talk to Bret (to which I declined?) and the rest was just about life in general.

Then the dream skipped to my family and I on a cruise ship and a show was about to begin. So we were all just standing around the boat when Bret and Jemaine came out on roller skates, shirtless and singing a song I'd never heard and shimmying around on their skates. For some reason I was all sullen and moody and just found the whole routine kind of weird. Then Jemaine skated over and kind of lifted me up bridal style and took me around the boat, during which I asked "Oh, so this is what you were busy with?" and he laughed and then dropped me off the side of the boat.

Height of rudeness!

Unfortunately even in my dreams I can't swim so I thrashed under the water until Jemaine jumped in and lifted me up to the surface and while I was choking on the water I somehow managed to grump "What are you doing? You'll ruin your shorts." because that's what mattered. :roll: He swam me back to the boat, apologising profusely before toweling me off when we got back onto a dry surface. Bret was helping himself to some shrimp like nothing had happened.

And then I woke up. :rolleyes:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:09 am

:roll2: :rolls: :bounce:

That was a good one, OFT!

Now let's try to analyze:

Hmmm. The roller skates must have been a throwback to the "Ladies Of The World" video. Okay, that's about it from me. :roll:

That was a truly weird dream, though. I especially liked Bret just eating, totally oblivious. :lol:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Hilarious!

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Nancy wrote::roll2: :rolls: :bounce:

That was a good one, OFT!

Now let's try to analyze:

Hmmm. The roller skates must have been a throwback to the "Ladies Of The World" video. Okay, that's about it from me. :roll:

That was a truly weird dream, though. I especially liked Bret just eating, totally oblivious. :lol:

The shrimp is definitely from the "One by One" video.

LOL, great dream!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:13 pm

My favorite part would have been the toweling off....did you notice if his shorts suffered any shrinkage from getting wet? :D

Great dream! :lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onefeathertail » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 am

LauraK wrote:Did you notice if his shorts suffered any shrinkage from getting wet?

:rolls:

Let your imagination run wild. :lol:

I don't remember any shrimp in the One By One video, but subconsciously I might. I'll have to have a re-watch. Unfortunately I tend to think about corn, not shrimp. :wink: I definitely connected the roller skates to Ladies of the World, though. I guess they were trying to appeal to the ladies even more by removing their shirts. Everyone on the boat seemed pretty pleased by it.

But honestly, Bret, could you maybe show a little concern?

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:05 pm

OFT, that was quite the dream! :shock: A lot of room for interpretation there. :lol:

My Conchords dream well has been running dry lately. I had a brief appearance in a dream last week. I dreamed that I was meeting Bret and Jemaine at Denny's, or so other kind of all-night American diner. In my dream, the 2 of them were fighting about where to sit. :roll:

Last night, I had another short dreamlet. That article about Jem and the hair stylist seeped into my subconscious, because I dreamt that Bret's next "non-Conchords" project was to work as a hair stylist! The dream was very short, but I saw Jem waiting in line to have his hair done by Bret. Jem was a successful actor, and wanted to look good for his next public appearance. Bret ignored him, and worked on his current client's hair without looking at Jemaine. Talk about bitterness! :lol:

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:08 pm

wow, DaMango, that's great! LOL! :D

I prefer to think of Bret as not being bitter, but being a consummate haircare professional...

I am bike-cheese!

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:12 pm

Hahaha! You're probably right, MM. Bret wasn't ignoring his old friend, he was just really focused on the task at hand...

(BTW, Bret was wearing a black vest with no shirt underneath. :P )

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:18 pm

LMAO!

I am bike-cheese!

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:22 pm

DaMango wrote:(BTW, Bret was wearing a black vest with no shirt underneath. :P )

:shock: :shock:

:roll2: :roll2:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:28 pm

That's how all male hairdressers dress...........

:D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:33 pm

I had a really fun dream last night. Since Bret mentioned a NZ/Aus tour we all grouped and flew there together instead of touring the UK. We all met up in LA & then went as a group from there. Great H, Hel's and Anna were our guides. We rented an old orange hippie volkswagen van & it was like the one in the episode of LOST only it played only 70's music. We lived on a big sheep farm & we had to work for our keep. We also rented a big house somewhere near the beach. I don't remember a lot of the details, drat. I know that we met the guys and since they were home they were quite relaxed and happy, we had great meet n greets. Nobody bungee jumped. lol. We visited Australia too & we got to catamaran on the great barrier reef. For some reason Hugh Jackman paid for the great barrier reef excursion, for all of us. :dunno: too funny. Well, it was a viry nice dream & dreams do come true! :D
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”