It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Dreaming of...

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderator: Venus

Postby cassandrasnow » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:03 pm

:wink: *hee hee* Yeah....

*sigh*
cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby saffymatt » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:27 pm

We are a group of very disappointed ladies. I just wish someone would do something special for all us ladies here in WTF-land. :eyelashes:
Set your Phasers on Funky!
saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby cassandrasnow » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:27 am

saffymatt wrote:We are a group of very disappointed ladies. I just wish someone would do something special for all us ladies here in WTF-land. :eyelashes:

Yes. That would be very nice. *eh hrm....pokes Bret and Jemaine in the ribs*
cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby FanBase » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:25 am

Jemaine is haunting my dreams yet again...

This time, he was urgently asking me something in French! :shock: I just kept staring at him like a dimwit. He would just yammer on and on, getting more and more frustrated with each phrase. This can't keep happening!

Perhaps that explains my insomnia. :roll: *lol*
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."
FanBase

Postby cassandrasnow » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:53 am

FanBase wrote:Jemaine is haunting my dreams yet again...

This time, he was urgently asking me something in French! :shock: I just kept staring at him like a dimwit. He would just yammer on and on, getting more and more frustrated with each phrase. This can't keep happening!

Perhaps that explains my insomnia. :roll: *lol*

:roll2: This is way too funny!! I can just imagine your expression.

I dreamt last night that I was H vs. R rapping at random people. All I remember is that I was really into it.... you know, with lots of enthusiasm. What's up with my mind??
cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby saffymatt » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:33 pm

Last night was a busy night for the dreams. I dreamt that Jemaine was at this nightclub type place, but it was in the middle of a department store. He was watching the girl who was playing the piano. I was checking out a really good deal on a blanket and I was trying to fold the blanket back up and he came over and helped me. The only thing that I remember after he came over to help was that he was wearing an American quarter on a necklace, kinda like a pendant. I asked him about it, but I don't remember what he said. Any ideas about this one Shari? :hrm:
saffymatt

Postby sharishort » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:41 pm

hmmmmmm....must have my coffee and will return with some thoughts.....
"Thats a terrible prize. I am glad I didn't win that."
sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby cassandrasnow » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:07 pm

saffymatt wrote:Last night was a busy night for the dreams. I dreamt that Jemaine was at this nightclub type place, but it was in the middle of a department store. He was watching the girl who was playing the piano. I was checking out a really good deal on a blanket and I was trying to fold the blanket back up and he came over and helped me. The only thing that I remember after he came over to help was that he was wearing an American quarter on a necklace, kinda like a pendant. I asked him about it, but I don't remember what he said. Any ideas about this one Shari? :hrm:

What... the.... hell? :rolls:
cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Chica » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:19 pm

I live near Twickenham Rugby Ground, so the other night I had a dream the All Blacks were playing there and I had Jemaine and everyone from the Tongan Ninja commentary staying over at my place to see the game the next day. They all got very drunk and I had to cook them dinner. It was a lovely dream, actually!
Chica
Half a shapely halibut

Postby FanBase » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:30 pm

cassandrasnow wrote:This is way too funny!! I can just imagine your expression.

I dreamt last night that I was H vs. R rapping at random people. All I remember is that I was really into it.... you know, with lots of enthusiasm. What's up with my mind??

What?! You were rapping? Cassandra, I didn't know you had it in you. :lol:

Maybe you had that dream b/c in RL you're trying to spread the message about FotC to everyone you know? :|
FanBase

Postby FanBase » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:36 pm

saffymatt wrote:Last night was a busy night for the dreams. I dreamt that Jemaine was at this nightclub type place, but it was in the middle of a department store. He was watching the girl who was playing the piano. I was checking out a really good deal on a blanket and I was trying to fold the blanket back up and he came over and helped me. The only thing that I remember after he came over to help was that he was wearing an American quarter on a necklace, kinda like a pendant. I asked him about it, but I don't remember what he said. Any ideas about this one Shari? :hrm:

Hmm...yes, this one calls for an expert. :hrm: Maybe the quarter symbolizes the little part that the US has played in shaping his career?

I think what's interesting about your dream (besides the fact that you were shopping for a blanket at a nightclub/department store *lol*) is that since he's a performer, he's generally the one being watched, but in your dream, he's the audience. Follow me? Anyway, interesting dream Saffy. :)
FanBase

Postby saffymatt » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:11 pm

I do follow. I didn't think of it like that. All I tend to think about is that I dreamt of Jemaine! That always makes the mornings better. :blush:
saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:16 pm

Chica wrote:I live near Twickenham Rugby Ground, so the other night I had a dream the All Blacks were playing there and I had Jemaine and everyone from the Tongan Ninja commentary staying over at my place to see the game the next day. They all got very drunk and I had to cook them dinner. It was a lovely dream, actually!

A drunk David Fane...those of us who have heard the commentary know that could have turned into a bad dream quite quickly. :shock:
saffymatt

Postby sharishort » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:38 pm

This dream is about the familiar vs. unfamiliar. I think it was chock full of symbolism about what is familiar to you- the dept store, the blanket, the american currency vs the unfamiliar- the nightclub in the middle of it, the odd pendant, etc.

Most important though is the blanket. Jem as well as FOTC represent a bit of a security blanket- a go to type of thing for laughter and safety much as this WTF board is. And the recent posts about his possible nuptials could have perhaps ruffled that safety because a married Jemaine is definitely unfamiliar territory.

The fact that he came over to help you fold it signifies that FOTC can still offer that sense of security even if they are married, living where they have a different currency or even if affected by the writers strike.

Okay, thats all I have for now. You can all throw things at me now for being too analytical.

And besides, the entire dream clearly means Jemaine loves Shari.
"Thats a terrible prize. I am glad I didn't win that."
sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby saffymatt » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:53 pm

:oops: Shari, you know me a little to well. I am almost sure that this was a response to the RUMOR of his engagement.

Once again, if he is in my dreams...it means Jemaine loves me!!!! :thump:
saffymatt

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords