Geek Magazine

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby dangerous person » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:08 am

My Lakeland Terrier is not a cat, but in his favour he looks fab in glasses. A couple of weeks ago my daughter got a Dr Who magazine which had David Tennant style glasses (without lenses!), so of course I put them on the dog and took some photos of him wearing them. He looks good, I must find the time to post these for you.

H....

Postby H.... » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:36 pm

I'd love to own a cat. I'm going to have to get one JUST so that I can call it Jemaine after all this.

Love the 'Moose Moose Kitty' to 'Ice Ice Baby' by the way, it's truely a classic song.
Throw us your potatoes!

Ratashak
Keeping it funky

Re: something I don't know

Postby Ratashak » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:10 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:
Ratashak wrote:"like at Tracy and Kipper's"? I don't know what you mean, but I'm interested in knowing! :D

Tracey and Kipper were a couple on the BBC radio show that the guys did. They were the "fan base". They won the prize of fixing dinner for the guys (like Mel did on the tv show), and when the guys got there Jemaine started sneezing because he's allergic to cats. Tracey says, "Oh, Jemaine's allergic to Jemaine". Then she tells them they have a ferret named Bret. Bret asks if they always make Jemaine the cat wear the glasses.
I could go on, but you should really get the radio show - it's truly hysterical. :lol:

Thanks, Nancy, for the explanation. I will get the CDs and listen them this summer. I'll put that on my "summer to do" list. Tomorrow is the last day of school; I'm a high school science teacher. And I have 3 cats, no ferrets, but two degus. Maybe they =1ferret and not nearly as stinky.

FanBase
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby FanBase » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:44 pm

Ratashak wrote:
Nancy Hillner wrote:
Ratashak wrote:"like at Tracy and Kipper's"? I don't know what you mean, but I'm interested in knowing! :D

Tracey and Kipper were a couple on the BBC radio show that the guys did. They were the "fan base". They won the prize of fixing dinner for the guys (like Mel did on the tv show), and when the guys got there Jemaine started sneezing because he's allergic to cats. Tracey says, "Oh, Jemaine's allergic to Jemaine". Then she tells them they have a ferret named Bret. Bret asks if they always make Jemaine the cat wear the glasses.
I could go on, but you should really get the radio show - it's truly hysterical. :lol:

Thanks, Nancy, for the explanation. I will get the CDs and listen them this summer. I'll put that on my "summer to do" list. Tomorrow is the last day of school; I'm a high school science teacher. And I have 3 cats, no ferrets, but two degus. Maybe they =1ferret and not nearly as stinky.

Definitely get the CD's. Dandy mentioned earlier that there's a director's cut coming out, so that's pretty exciting. You could benefit from that since you'll be needing to purchase the set soon.

Great investment, as someone else mentioned earlier. You can work out, do a road trip, put it on in the background at work...well worth the expense. Enjoy!
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:45 pm

The BBC radio series is yet another facet of the multitalents of the guys. If you're familiar with the HBO show, you'll see where many of their plots and songs came from, as well as the development of Murray the manager from Brian on the radio show. (I like them both, but Brian holds a special place in my heart :lol: )

You may have to order the cds from amazon.com uk (not us).
That's where I found them, although there used to be a link through wtf
to order them.
They are well worth it, and pretty reasonably priced, if I remember correctly, or iirc, as Sherry would put it. :D

I honestly had no idea what degus were until you mentioned owning two and I looked the name up on google! :roll:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

FanBase
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby FanBase » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:53 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:
You may have to order the cds from amazon.com uk (not us).
That's where I found them, although there used to be a link through wtf
to order them.

I honestly had no idea what degus were until you mentioned owning two and I looked the name up on google! :roll:

I ordered mine through SmokeCDs.com (http://www.smokecds.com/cd/41436). It's listed at $32.95 on that site. I'm not sure where they'll offer the Director's Cut version. Dandy posted some info somewhere, but it's not coming to mind at the mo.

And yeah...what is a degu? *looks it up on Google*
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:03 am

FanBase wrote:Great investment, as someone else mentioned earlier. You can work out, do a road trip, put it on in the background at work...well worth the expense. Enjoy!

I would suggest not listening at work though... You'll never get anything done. :wink: I like it when I'm parked on the highway during rush hour. Really helps with reducing the road rage. :lol:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:54 am

I think they are the cause of much less road rage on our nation's highways. :lol:

It's kind of hard to be really angry when you're driving if the guys are making you laugh so hard. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

dangerous person

Postby dangerous person » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:25 am

My dog rocking the Jemaine look:

He is having a haircut as I type......
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:39 pm

LOL! He is too cute Dangerous! And he looks good in the glasses
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

dangerous person

Postby dangerous person » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:08 pm

He says thanks.
He also says he draws his inspiration from the J dog.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:37 pm

dangerous person wrote:He says thanks.
He also says he draws his inspiration from the J dog.

Wow he talks?

Since he's having a haircut may I suggest some sideburns in addition to the glasses?

dangerous person

Postby dangerous person » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:45 pm

SheWolf wrote: Since he's having a haircut may I suggest some sideburns in addition to the glasses?

Too late, but he has a magnificent beard, or is it a goatee?
It can't be a goatee, it doesn't make him look like a goat.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:12 pm

Bwahahahahah :lol:

HBThingy
Half a shapely halibut

Postby HBThingy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:03 pm

So cute!

This reminds me of the June 25th video on Mel's video blog.
http://www.hbo.com/conchords/melsblog/index.html

Now you need to get mini guitars :lol:

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”