It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:25 am

Chat room - Update 1st post - Chat room added

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Chat room - Update 1st post - Chat room added

Postby Sherry » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:03 pm

So, giving it a try. Its running, works in your browser :) Click the link below and it'll take you to the page you need. You don't need anything other than a username. Best to use your nick from here probably. Although I use Sherlock on IRC so that'll explain that username. Also Max is in there, as might be a few other people on and off. All decent types :)

What The Folk! chatroom

So, feel free to try it out anytime, arrange chats, lurk, whatever. I'll stay logged in 24/7 probably, but may be idle for long periods. Umm anyone has anything they need to ask about the chat, post it here please. Or ask in chat. Max or I will try to help :)

Chat guidelines

Just a few things before you get going....

* Tech matters and problems direct to MadMax in the channel or via PM or email.

Your friendly neighbourhood moderators are MadMax, myself and the server ops. If you need help ask one of them. If you behave like a git and get kicked or banned, moderator decisions are final.

* Please be considerate of others chatting. We are all here to enjoy ourselves and talk about things that (hopefully) make us smile. Chat in a way that is respectful of others. Flaming or abusing others in any way will not be tolerated.

* Chat in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". English, proper words, no ALL CAPS, excessive abbreviations and punctuation and so on.
---> OMG, LMAO ur so kewl :>>>> !!!!1111 <--- O please no

* I'd prefer no out and out swearing in the chat. Its just not me, and the guys style tends to not involve too much in the way of swearing and I'd like to try to go along those lines. This is not the place to chat if you use constant swearing. Too much in the way of swearing may get you kicked or banned. Resist if you can. If in doubt, don't use it.

* Please respect Bret and Jemaine's privacy. Getting overly 'personal' about them means you might find yourself removed by moderators. Sure have some fun, but watch the innuendo does not become too risky.

* Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted. This includes pictures, clips or links. Use common sense please. Keep it decent.

* Peoples political and religious views differ greatly. With this in mind we feel the What The Folk! chat is not the place for you to air them on. There are many chats out there for such discussions should you wish. Go use them.

* No spam. No spamming. No spammy spam.

Any questions or concerns, contact us. That's me, Sherry. Or him, MadMax. Contact us via PM, feedback forum or email please.

This list will be amended as and when required.

Cheers
Sherry

Would you be interested in a chat room? We did have one ages back but it didn't get masses of use so we pulled it and I kind of forgot about it. But now the interest is much greater and there are more people knocking about the forum and site I wondered if any out there would make use of it?

Maybe chat nights after episodes have aired? When the tour is on? That sort of thing.

Poll below, express an interest one way or the other or say you don't know :)

Thanks
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: Chat room

Postby LSully9 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Oooh! I think that's a good idea! Sometimes, you just wanna talk to someone that understands... :nod:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby onewithdog » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:34 pm

"Don't know/maybe - I am a true fence sitter and commitmentphobe"

I dont know. Its a cool feature and all but it would take away from people posting on the board.
Just my opinion.
onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Bad Atom » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:33 pm

I'm not a big chatter, but some TV show sites have live chats going while the show airs so people can comment in real-time.
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:05 pm

With changing schedules and folks on both sides of the pond, I think it might be hard to commit to a certain time. After the show might be an idea, but as mentioned on another thread, there are major shows that are on at the same time as FoTC on upcoming Sundays (Grammy Awards, Oscars) and wouldn't be done when their show is over. However, if a good time can be arranged, I'll try my best to be there. I like the idea.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Return to Flight of The Conchords