Grammy

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Grammy

Postby tvldiva » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:37 am

Well, I just checked and it looks like they lost to George Carlin. :sosad:
Here's the site to see what else has won already-
http://www.grammy.com/grammy_awards/51st_show/list.aspx
Why don't you accept me as your God!?
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Re: Grammy

Postby Val2150 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:55 am

:( Poor boys, that's disappointing. Though not really surprising - at least they lost to a comedy legend and not someone as annoying as Kathy Griffin :|
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby tvldiva » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:03 am

I like Kathy Griffin but she is annoying. She only did this recording so she could win a Grammy to go along with her Emmy. :hrmpf:

I was disapointed in the Grammy's tonight. The Grammy's has about 100 catagories and yet they only aired 10 awards(well- it could have been more, it just seemed this like this few). The whole thing just smacked of some horrible, off strip Las Vegas review. :? The sound was horrible at first. U2 was a trainwreck. What's up with Coldplay's costumes? Color coded military jackets? REALLY?! You know Coldplay is jumping the shark to have Puffy "sing" with them. Justin Timberland is like the whitest black man in America. PERIOD. Why is this show full of little pre-teen kids? Don't they have their own award shows? Do adults really want to listen to two girls singing(I use that word loosely) about being 15?! Taylor Swift should never sing live. Her lack of vocal training really shows. I am so over "I kissed a girl". It was a marginal song to begin with.

Best performances for me were Radiohead(despite the marching band playing with them- they still came off like a real rock band) and Allison Krauss/Robert Plant. T-Bone Burnett is one of my music idols. There isn't anything that man can't do!! So thrilled they won!

:worry: rant over...I swear...
tvldiva

Postby LSully9 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:28 pm

tvldiva wrote:Do adults really want to listen to two girls singing(I use that word loosely) about being 15?! Taylor Swift should never sing live. Her lack of vocal training really shows.

THANK YOU!! Miley I can tolerate, but I can't stand Taylor Swift. Was she in tune at all during that song? It sure didn't sound it... But my students love her, and torture me with her (she doesn't sound any better on her album btw), and I just don't get it... She STINKS. Okay, I'm done. :)

And I liked Coldplay's outfits. Chris looked really nice in the blue. :worry:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby tvldiva » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:08 pm

LSully9 wrote:And I liked Coldplay's outfits. Chris looked really nice in the blue. :worry:

Really?! Blue is nice but the military theme is ridiculous. I just heard someone compare them the the Wiggles! :roll2: :roll2:
That is looks alone, of course. I do really like them even though I never warmed up to their latest LP.

I do have a question. Why did Gwyneth introduce Radiohead, calling them the "most influential band" and not her own husbands band?! :hrm: Sad thing is Radiohead killed!
tvldiva

Postby Brandinian » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:46 pm

For the record, I love Taylor Swift, and I thought she was great. Miley though, she almost ruined the song. That horse can't sing!

As for FotC losing to George, I was pretty angry. I feel like it was only because he died. Flight should have faked their deaths before the ceremony. That might have gotten them the Grammy. Actually, that may be going to extremes.. ah well, their next album will get it.

Hows about they have them perform at the next ceremony? Way better than the Jonas Brothers.
"I get ridiculed all the time. 'Ah, hey! Gingerballs!' you know. It's not just you Bret, it's all the time, and it's not just gingerballs, you know? I get umm.. 'Oh, what are you on your way to the dick meeting?'"

Check out my two man comedy band 'Sponsored By Poverty': http://www.myspace.com/sbpmd & http://www.soundclick.com/sponsoredbypoverty
Yes Bret and Jemaine, we will glady open for you.
Brandinian
New arrival

Postby deliriumtree » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:51 am

The grammy's made me feel old. I'm just 30 but I felt so old lol. I finally know what the stinkin Jonas brothers look like though! I don't really see what young girls do in them. But, that's a good thing cause then I'd probably be in jail.

I did need Taylor Swift and Miley to tell me about being 15 though. I was a dork who was really into dinosaurs, wore a cape to school every day and was busy writing a novel. So, I had more of an "I'll be darned!" reaction to that song lol.

Sad they didn't get anything! I was hoping the guys would present an award though. I knew so few people on the show! U2, radiohead, coldplay and Robert Plant. Those are the people I knew! The rest of the time I spent going. Who is that? Thus the "I feel old". lol
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby LSully9 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:21 pm

deliriumtree wrote:I did need Taylor Swift and Miley to tell me about being 15 though. I was a dork who was really into dinosaurs, wore a cape to school every day and was busy writing a novel. So, I had more of an "I'll be darned!" reaction to that song lol.

LOL! I was seriously the same way! I didn't wear the cape to school though, I saved it for weekends so that I could embarass my family. Much more fun that way... :wink:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Spumony5000 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:21 am

Does anyone know if they made an appearance at the Grammy's? I didn't watch it on Sunday.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby tvldiva » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:00 am

Didn't see them. Of course, they announced their award early in the day.
tvldiva

Postby deliriumtree » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:59 am

LSully9 wrote:
deliriumtree wrote:I did need Taylor Swift and Miley to tell me about being 15 though. I was a dork who was really into dinosaurs, wore a cape to school every day and was busy writing a novel. So, I had more of an "I'll be darned!" reaction to that song lol.

LOL! I was seriously the same way! I didn't wear the cape to school though, I saved it for weekends so that I could embarass my family. Much more fun that way... :wink:

You got a point there! My mom said that she always felt like she was grocery shopping with dracula, even when I wore my much more festive green cape! That made me happy for some reason! lol
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Return to Flight of The Conchords