It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:51 am

Unpopular opinions?

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderator: Venus

Re: Unpopular opinions?

Postby Sherry » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:51 am

mohumbhai mania wrote:
O and while I"m here on a b**** fest FWIW I've often thought they could not brush their hair more often and wear less revealing clothes. Also the lack of facial hair on occasion has been horrifying They need to tussle with a razor far less often. Shocking

So, Sherry, I'm a little confused, are you are anti-brushing, pro-facial hair and pro-skimpy clothing? Or anti-brushing, pro-facial hair and anti-skimpy clothing? I can get behind the first meaning 1000%, the other only 750%.
:D

I'm.....

I'm.....

Erm I have no idea. I'm pro anti :hrm:

'urple? :worry:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby mockingbird » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:56 am

Sherry wrote: I've often thought they could not brush their hair more often and wear less revealing clothes.

I think you meant you like their hair just as it is, and they should not wear as many clothes.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby Bad Atom » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:16 am

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but I'll be happy with whatever they do. Third season or no third season, I won't complain. (But if they try to go on for a fourth season, I am done with them! :wink:)
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby yvettiefred » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:04 pm

they should come tour in australia now that im living here!!! but no instead they have three shows around the area i used to live, dammit. is that an unpopular opinion? heh

i hope they have a third season, but hbo should give them some time off and more time to write the songs and the show, so they're not so rushed/pressured to get something out.
yvettiefred
Giving the paper to the people

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Sherry wrote:
I'm.....

I'm.....

Erm I have no idea. I'm pro anti :hrm:

'urple? :worry:

I'll put you down for mussed-up tresses, facial hair and skimpy purple clothing. :P

There!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:24 pm

yvettiefred wrote:
i hope they have a third season, but hbo should give them some time off and more time to write the songs and the show, so they're not so rushed/pressured to get something out.

BINGO! If they DO go on for a 3rd season, HBO has to give them ample time to write the scripts/songs. I wouldn't mind the show going on a year long hiatus or so while the guys pursue other projects and work on the show at a more leisurely pace.
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby ardy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:10 pm

i think i read/heard somewhere that bret said they weren't going to do a 3rd season, they were going to go straight to a 4th season. :lol:

whatever happens, happens. like i said before, these guys are genuinely and uniquely talented - it's not like we're *never* going to hear from/about them ever again. and they're not stupid - they'll do what they want, when they want, how they want.

we're fortunate to be able to experience them now.
flash forward when jemaine's the prime minister of new zealand and
bret is finishing up his seventh film as james bond, we
can all look back with fondness and say, "remember when...." :yawinkle:
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...
ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:43 pm

ardy wrote:i think i read/heard somewhere that bret said they weren't going to do a 3rd season, they were going to go straight to a 4th season. :lol:

whatever happens, happens. like i said before, these guys are genuinely and uniquely talented - it's not like we're *never* going to hear from/about them ever again. and they're not stupid - they'll do what they want, when they want, how they want.

The day Jemaine becomes PM of NZ is the day that I move to NZ :D
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby SheWolf » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:09 pm

Naturally I'd like to see a 3rd season if it's good and I'd like to have them go on forever being at the top of their game but that's not realistic.

I think HBO would give them whatever they want but the question is, what do they want? On one hand it's best to strike while the iron's hot on the other you don't want to overstay your welcome. One of my fave shows did that and being left with the crappy memories of a series that went on 2 seasons too long forver tainted the entire thing for me.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:23 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:The day Jemaine becomes PM of NZ is the day that I move to NZ :D

I already want to move to NZ, but this would clinch it. We could be roommates! (If you don't mind the kids and the husband too)

SheWolf wrote:One of my fave shows did that and being left with the crappy memories of a series that went on 2 seasons too long forver tainted the entire thing for me.

Like the Simpsons. I used to LOVE this show. It is just not the same anymore. I think I stopped watching it about 5 years ago, and I stuck around longer than I should have, because of the memories I had of how great it used to be.
mockingbird

Postby SheWolf » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:14 pm

I still like the Simpsons and while many eps are just okay I keep watching coz every once in a while one pops up that I consider to be a Simpsons "classic."
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:20 pm

SheWolf wrote:I still like the Simpsons and while many eps are just okay I keep watching coz every once in a while one pops up that I consider to be a Simpsons "classic."

It's true, there are still moments but I felt like it wasn't worth sitting through the mediocre ones anymore because there were just too many of them. Also it was just a little depressing watching it become a shadow of its former self, like a hot ex-boyfriend getting fat and going bald. I stated watching Futurama instead because it was funny like the Simpsons used to be. Then they stopped making it. Sob.

Oh, no! I have an unpopular opinion! :sofa: (Well, at least unpopular with SheWolf.)
mockingbird

Postby SheWolf » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:36 pm

I don't know that it's an unpopular opinion. I have no idea what most people think of the Simpsons these days. I only know that for me I haven't noticed any dramatic or significant decline or change in material over the years.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby VaiVedrai » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:59 am

ardy wrote:i think i read/heard somewhere that bret said they weren't going to do a 3rd season, they were going to go straight to a 4th season. :lol:

Bret would make a really good James Bond, eh? A different take on the role...
If you don't know the answer, change the question.
VaiVedrai
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby ardy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:15 am

*imagining bret in a tux...with a martini....then having to go to the toilet*

:yawinkle:
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...
ardy
Redheads not warheads

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords