It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:54 am

Twitter?

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderator: Venus

Twitter?

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:42 pm

So I just got on twitter for the first time. Yis, I'm behind the times. Anyway, Jemaine and Bret have accounts on twitter - is this really them or imposters? I think if it was really them I would've heard about it here on the boards...

Anyone know if these are our true guys or just fakey fakes?
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Re: Twitter?

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm pretty sure Sherry said at some point that they're fakes.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks hun! :)
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Sherry » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:22 pm

What The Folk! is on Twitter. I've been using it personally since it started almost. A few years now iirc. I signed up a WTF! account a couple of years ago but have really only bothered with it in more recent times for the site. If you visit the main site I do plug it there :lol:

http://twitter.com/whatthefolk

And no, neither Bret or Jemaine are on Twitter. They are fakes. Both Jemaine accounts :roll: No Rhys either. He doesn't have time for it. Too busy. No Kristen.

Arj Barker is real, as is Todd Barry, Eugene Mirman. O Rob Brydon is there. HardnPhirm. Aziz Ansari. As are some of the Conchords real life friends who also happen to be comedians, actors and musicians.

You can follow @valebrity to verify which celebs are real and fake. They usually track down and post on who is who.

I should mention that the only public point of contact they maintain for fans is their MySpace page. If either of them start using Twitter (more likely to be Jemaine than Bret as he really doesn't do the whole computer/internet thing) I shall let people know.

*edit* Removed Demetri Martin as is a fake I just read. Apparently *sigh*
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Bad Atom » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:59 am

^^^
And you do a great job of keeping it constantly updated!

I just started mine not too long ago. I'm trying to get with the times. It's addicting! But I can definitely understand not having the time for it.
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Val2150 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Demetri's is fake? Really? :hrm: I know he changed his username to FakeDemetri, but thought it was a joke. It sure sounds like him....
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Sherry » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:37 pm

Val2150 wrote:Demetri's is fake? Really? :hrm: I know he changed his username to FakeDemetri, but thought it was a joke. It sure sounds like him....

According to @valebrity Demetri confirmed to them via 'official email' he isn't on Twitter. And when I started following DM he didn't have the 'fake' bit in front of his name. Then one day it appeared. So am guessing this was when he was outed so to speak.

http://valebrity.com/fakes/

Valebrity has been pretty good about confirming people.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:08 pm

Just for the record if anyone wants to add me, or follow me or whatever, my username is kellysouthpaw :)
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby tvldiva » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:08 am

Sherry wrote:
Val2150 wrote:Demetri's is fake? Really? :hrm: I know he changed his username to FakeDemetri, but thought it was a joke. It sure sounds like him....

According to @valebrity Demetri confirmed to them via 'official email' he isn't on Twitter. And when I started following DM he didn't have the 'fake' bit in front of his name. Then one day it appeared. So am guessing this was when he was outed so to speak.

http://valebrity.com/fakes/

Valebrity has been pretty good about confirming people.

I love Fake Demetri. I think the real Demetri should start stealing...eh :worry: ...I mean borrow some of his jokes. They are very funny.
Why don't you accept me as your God!?
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Why don't you accept me as your God!?
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Return to Flight of The Conchords