What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:32 pm 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Johnnyp wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:

But here'sa link to another Neil Finn site that you might find interesting

Thats the fansite that I got the forum link from. I guess I should have mentioned that. :D duh!!! I guess thats what you get when you live in a Private Universe :lol:

That's funny, I went to the forum through your link, but didn't realize it was associated with the link I posted, which I'd originally gotten from a fellow Neil Finn fan friend of mine earlier this year. I don't think I'd ever gone to the forum, though. It's a small world ...

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:34 pm 
Cool Nipples!

Quote:
fellow Neil Finn fan friend

Say that five times, fast.

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:37 pm 

Typing it wasn't too easy, either! I'm sure there's a better way of wording it, but I'm quite sleepy and can't be bothered. :)

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:38 pm 
Cool Nipples!

indigo_jones wrote:
Typing it wasn't too easy, either! I'm sure there's a better way of wording it, but I'm quite sleepy and can't be bothered. :)

:oops: Hee hee.... you said "quite sleepy"... :D

Andria
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:49 pm 
Bootylicious Flygirl

Gayle wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:

Quite sleepy...*L* I made cookies a few weeks ago and left the pans in the sink. I wrought a note up on our message board saying "Will wash pans tomorrow. Am quite sleepy tonight." Whaha...only one person got it...oh well. :wink:

Gayle wrote:
Sniffy MacLeftinthedust

Hahaha! :roll2: Good one, Gayle!!!!(<--For you :D)

/me wrote:
I would buy a strictly instrumental FotC CD, mostly because I like the tunes, but also because in my demented mind the thought of a "comedy" act releasing just an instrumental CD is kinda funny to me.

The soothing sounds of FotC - intrustmental album! LOL That would be awesome. The thought of a comedy group releasing an intrumental CD is quite amusing...:rolls:

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:27 am 

Gayle wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:

Quite intentional! :wink:

I would also buy an F o the C instrumental album. I do love their music!

Ellen
 Post subject: Sign me up
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:36 am 
Registered Rhymnecologist

/me wrote:
I would buy a strictly instrumental FotC CD, mostly because I like the tunes, but also because in my demented mind the thought of a "comedy" act releasing just an instrumental CD is kinda funny to me.

I must have a demented mind too because I would totally buy that. Alternatively I think it would be great to hear the instrumental pieces as bonus tracks if the BBC Radio puts out a CD of the show. I’d also like to have Asthma Interlude as a cell phone ring tone.

Andria
 Post subject: Re: Sign me up
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:39 am 
Bootylicious Flygirl

Ellen wrote:
I’d also like to have Asthma Interlude as a cell phone ring tone.

Oh my gosh! That would be great! I totally want it. :rolls: LOL

Andria
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:10 am 
Bootylicious Flygirl

I think it would be very interesting to find out how the cast of the series was put together. I noticed that a couple of the voice actors performed in Edinburgh - do you suppose they met during a festival? Anybody have the inside track? :D Or an amusing guess? :wink:

Sherry
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:22 am 
Professional Blonde

Andria wrote:
I think it would be very interesting to find out how the cast of the series was put together. I noticed that a couple of the voice actors performed in Edinburgh - do you suppose they met during a festival? Anybody have the inside track? :D Or an amusing guess? :wink:

Brydon saw them in action iirc. Loved their work. So I guess was happy to help. Darby is a mate of theirs anyways. NZ (and Wellington) has a small scene.

I would think some of the others were asked, and maybe did not know much (or indeed anything) about Fo The C. Emma Kennedy had a bit about her turn in the show on her site. READ IT HERE

And I'd hazzard a guess that if others performed in Ed, the buzz round the guys a couple of years was good. They were sort of the comedians pick of the Fringe one year, 2003. So performers there were probably aware of them.

Andria
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:38 am 
Bootylicious Flygirl

Sherry wrote:
I would think some of the others were asked, and maybe did not know much (or indeed anything) about Fo The C. Emma Kennedy had a bit about her turn in the show on her site. READ IT HERE

A Blog? You sent me to a Blog? :shock: I'm surprised at you, Sherry! *L*

Interesting to read, nonetheless. Thanks for the information all around :D

Sherry
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:42 am 
Professional Blonde

Andria wrote:
[

A Blog? You sent me to a Blog? :shock: I'm surprised at you, Sherry! *L*

Interesting to read, nonetheless. Thanks for the information all around :D

Yeah, I like to call it a personal and professional web site. I try to overlook the fact its a glossed up, jazzed up blog :shock:

I don't know. Try as I might I can't warm to 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of blogs out there. I really can't. I just :shock: :shock: :shock: and wish I had never clicked on them.

I don't know why my dislike of them is as it is. I don't try to think about it too much. Mind you, my Bloke commented one day that What The Folk was in some ways a blog. You can imagine the look on my face then :fence:

Last edited by Sherry on Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:15 pm 

Andria wrote:

Good question, Andria. I was wondering how that had all worked out, as well. And thanks for the answer, Sherry.

Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:51 pm 
Cool Nipples!

I listened to the entire series last night and was again amazed by how well produced it is. Not produced in the highly-polished sense, but in the hitting-the-nail-on-the-head sense. :hammer:

The timing, the editing, everything is just right and gives us listeners the clearest image of what's going on. So impressive~ :prayer:

/me
 Post subject: Re: Sign me up
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:23 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Ellen wrote:
I’d also like to have Asthma Interlude as a cell phone ring tone.

It is so wrong, and I oppose ringtones on principle, but I would totally have an Asthma Interlude ringtone. Ok, maybe I don't completely and wholly oppose them, I would have used a YipYip ringtone if I could have found one.

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next