It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:20 pm

Flight of The Conchords Part 1

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderator: Venus

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:32 pm

Johnnyp wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:
But here'sa link to another Neil Finn site that you might find interesting

Thats the fansite that I got the forum link from. I guess I should have mentioned that. :D duh!!! I guess thats what you get when you live in a Private Universe :lol:

That's funny, I went to the forum through your link, but didn't realize it was associated with the link I posted, which I'd originally gotten from a fellow Neil Finn fan friend of mine earlier this year. I don't think I'd ever gone to the forum, though. It's a small world ...
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Gayle » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:34 pm

fellow Neil Finn fan friend

Say that five times, fast.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:37 pm

Typing it wasn't too easy, either! I'm sure there's a better way of wording it, but I'm quite sleepy and can't be bothered. :)

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones

Postby Gayle » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:38 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Typing it wasn't too easy, either! I'm sure there's a better way of wording it, but I'm quite sleepy and can't be bothered. :)

:oops: Hee hee.... you said "quite sleepy"... :D
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Andria » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:49 am

Gayle wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:Typing it wasn't too easy, either! I'm sure there's a better way of wording it, but I'm quite sleepy and can't be bothered. :)

Quite sleepy...*L* I made cookies a few weeks ago and left the pans in the sink. I wrought a note up on our message board saying "Will wash pans tomorrow. Am quite sleepy tonight." Whaha...only one person got it...oh well. :wink:

Gayle wrote:Sniffy MacLeftinthedust

Hahaha! :roll2: Good one, Gayle!!!!(<--For you :D)

/me wrote:I would buy a strictly instrumental FotC CD, mostly because I like the tunes, but also because in my demented mind the thought of a "comedy" act releasing just an instrumental CD is kinda funny to me.

The soothing sounds of FotC - intrustmental album! LOL That would be awesome. The thought of a comedy group releasing an intrumental CD is quite amusing...:rolls:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:27 am

Gayle wrote:

Quite intentional! :wink:

I would also buy an F o the C instrumental album. I do love their music!

indigo_jones

Sign me up

Postby Ellen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:36 am

/me wrote:I would buy a strictly instrumental FotC CD, mostly because I like the tunes, but also because in my demented mind the thought of a "comedy" act releasing just an instrumental CD is kinda funny to me.

I must have a demented mind too because I would totally buy that. Alternatively I think it would be great to hear the instrumental pieces as bonus tracks if the BBC Radio puts out a CD of the show. I’d also like to have Asthma Interlude as a cell phone ring tone.
Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Sign me up

Postby Andria » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:39 am

Ellen wrote:I’d also like to have Asthma Interlude as a cell phone ring tone.

Oh my gosh! That would be great! I totally want it. :rolls: LOL
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:10 am

I think it would be very interesting to find out how the cast of the series was put together. I noticed that a couple of the voice actors performed in Edinburgh - do you suppose they met during a festival? Anybody have the inside track? :D Or an amusing guess? :wink:
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Sherry » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:22 am

Andria wrote:I think it would be very interesting to find out how the cast of the series was put together. I noticed that a couple of the voice actors performed in Edinburgh - do you suppose they met during a festival? Anybody have the inside track? :D Or an amusing guess? :wink:

Brydon saw them in action iirc. Loved their work. So I guess was happy to help. Darby is a mate of theirs anyways. NZ (and Wellington) has a small scene.

I would think some of the others were asked, and maybe did not know much (or indeed anything) about Fo The C. Emma Kennedy had a bit about her turn in the show on her site. READ IT HERE

And I'd hazzard a guess that if others performed in Ed, the buzz round the guys a couple of years was good. They were sort of the comedians pick of the Fringe one year, 2003. So performers there were probably aware of them.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Andria » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:38 am

Sherry wrote:I would think some of the others were asked, and maybe did not know much (or indeed anything) about Fo The C. Emma Kennedy had a bit about her turn in the show on her site. READ IT HERE

A Blog? You sent me to a Blog? :shock: I'm surprised at you, Sherry! *L*

Interesting to read, nonetheless. Thanks for the information all around :D
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Sherry » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:42 pm

Andria wrote:[

A Blog? You sent me to a Blog? :shock: I'm surprised at you, Sherry! *L*

Interesting to read, nonetheless. Thanks for the information all around :D

Yeah, I like to call it a personal and professional web site. I try to overlook the fact its a glossed up, jazzed up blog :shock:

I don't know. Try as I might I can't warm to 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of blogs out there. I really can't. I just :shock: :shock: :shock: and wish I had never clicked on them.

I don't know why my dislike of them is as it is. I don't try to think about it too much. Mind you, my Bloke commented one day that What The Folk was in some ways a blog. You can imagine the look on my face then :fence:
Last edited by Sherry on Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:15 pm

Andria wrote:I think it would be very interesting to find out how the cast of the series was put together. I noticed that a couple of the voice actors performed in Edinburgh - do you suppose they met during a festival? Anybody have the inside track? :D Or an amusing guess? :wink:

Good question, Andria. I was wondering how that had all worked out, as well. And thanks for the answer, Sherry.

indigo_jones

Postby Gayle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:51 pm

I listened to the entire series last night and was again amazed by how well produced it is. Not produced in the highly-polished sense, but in the hitting-the-nail-on-the-head sense. :hammer:

The timing, the editing, everything is just right and gives us listeners the clearest image of what's going on. So impressive~ :prayer:
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Re: Sign me up

Postby /me » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:23 pm

Ellen wrote:I’d also like to have Asthma Interlude as a cell phone ring tone.

It is so wrong, and I oppose ringtones on principle, but I would totally have an Asthma Interlude ringtone. Ok, maybe I don't completely and wholly oppose them, I would have used a YipYip ringtone if I could have found one.

Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!
/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords