Flight of The Conchords Part 1

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Re: Sign me up

Postby Gayle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:44 pm

/me wrote:
Ellen wrote:I’d also like to have Asthma Interlude as a cell phone ring tone.

It is so wrong, and I oppose ringtones on principle, but I would totally have an Asthma Interlude ringtone. Ok, maybe I don't completely and wholly oppose them, I would have used a YipYip ringtone if I could have found one.

:shock: I can't believe you have that photo. A woman I work with was terrified of them as a child, so naturally we put photos of them all over her desk.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby EvilMoose » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:03 pm

Gayle wrote: :shock: I can't believe you have that photo. A woman I work with was terrified of them as a child, so naturally we put photos of them all over her desk.

And I thought I was Evil. :horny:

My favorites are the Koozbainians.
To me religion seems like a bunch of people talking to their imaginary friend. - Dylan Moran
EvilMoose
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Gayle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:05 pm

EvilMoose wrote:
Gayle wrote: :shock: I can't believe you have that photo. A woman I work with was terrified of them as a child, so naturally we put photos of them all over her desk.

And I thought I was Evil. :horny:

My favorites are the Koozbainians.

Hee hee - I just sent her an email of the above photo... don't worry she didn't run screaming - she laughed.

What is a Koozbanian?
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby EvilMoose » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:14 pm

They were on the Muppet Show. There was a skit where Kermit starts doing commentary on the mating ritutals of Koozbane. These two aliens start whooping and hollering and then run really fast toward each other and explode. Then all these tiny little Koozbanians start popping up.

Koozbanians
Last edited by EvilMoose on Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To me religion seems like a bunch of people talking to their imaginary friend. - Dylan Moran
EvilMoose
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Gayle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:17 pm

EvilMoose wrote:I can't find a good picture of them but they were on the Muppet Show. There was a skit where Kermit starts doing commentary on the mating ritutals of Koozbane. These two aliens start whooping and hollering and then run really fast toward each other and explode. Then all these tiny little Koozbanians start popping up.[/url]

Hmmm... I will see if I can conjur a photo for you.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Ellen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

/me wrote:It is so wrong, and I oppose ringtones on principle, but I would totally have an Asthma Interlude ringtone. Ok, maybe I don't completely and wholly oppose them, I would have used a YipYip ringtone if I could have found one.

Absolutely. You’re completely correct to oppose them, as do I. And yet, somehow, I’ve got to believe there must be an exception to this rule, because having Asthma Interlude as a ringtone is so seriously, terribly, dreadfully wrong, that it seems just a little bit (a teeny tiny itty bitty bit, mind you) right.
Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:17 pm

I have to say that I'm particularly impressed with how both of the guys do such a great job creating their characters. They make them so believable -- the bumbling, naive, and at times idiotic personalities.

Even more interesting is that they do add a bit of backbone into the characters to stop them from being completely ridiculous. When Jemaine is talking to Brian about needing both of his hands to play his own stuff and not wanting to look like a freak show using his feet, there's that flash of strength that makes it believable that they would have the drive to even attempt the trip to England. Same with Bret when he's complaining to Brian about taking the Underground rather than a cab to the hospital and says it's all just poor management.

Listening to the show or watching the HBO special they make their slightly clueless characters seem so real. Yet if you think about it (think, think about it), they're obviously both intelligent, driven, creative personalities when you think of the stuff they do outside of the Conchords (and certainly within the Conchords).
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby specialkay » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:02 pm

/me, i just wanted you to know that i screamed out in laughter so loud that my kids just HAD to come see what the matter was. That was the funniest thing to me. Okay, granted there are those who are mortified by these two things...I used to sit and laugh at these monsters as a child and the only other person who got it was the man I am with...go figure! :P
I guess weird people attract, hunh? :yawinkle:
okay, that was it, just that I traumatized the dog and actually got the kids attention when they are usually immune from hearing anything i ever utter from time to time! But this time, they come running....Sheesh!

I am leaving for Disney World in a few weeks and I am so excited! I think the guys should go and do the Downtown Disney area, and do a show! That would be awesome! I bet they would love it! Anybody here ever been?
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~
specialkay

Postby EvilMoose » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:34 am

specialkay wrote:I am leaving for Disney World in a few weeks and I am so excited! I think the guys should go and do the Downtown Disney area, and do a show! That would be awesome! I bet they would love it! Anybody here ever been?

Actually Kay I live in Orlando.
EvilMoose
Half a shapely halibut

Postby specialkay » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:53 am

Really? how cool! I am going to be in your twon then...for 9 days! I decided to not cook, entertain, or clean a thing for Thanksgiving this year! I did this going to Disney thing year before last and it worked out rather well, however, I wanted to not be rushed so we are doing 9 days instead of 7 this time.
Don't you think FOTC would be great at the Downtown Diney Clubs? Gosh, I would love to have them just to hang out and do a show and just party all the evening....of course, now I am dreaming a bit! :roll: :wink:
Aside from all the kids, I think they would be a hit down there! :clap:
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~
specialkay

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:43 am

I'm an Orlando native. Born and raised until I was 16. I was back there this summer and was sad to see how my old neighborhoods had changed for the worse.

EvilMoose, did you go to high school there? Which part of town do you live in?

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones

Postby EvilMoose » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:57 am

I am a native too! I live in Lockhart which is north of Pine Hills (Crime Hills) and south of Apopka. I went to Apopka High (Go Darters!). I'm in the process of buying a house in Deltona.

If they were going to play Downtown Disney, it would have to be the House of Blues. I think I'd rather see them play one of the clubs downtown. They are a little more intimate but yes I think they would go over really well down here. Especially since I have done everything I can to promote them here. :D We have a Fringe Festival here in late April -early May that would be perfect for them.
EvilMoose
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Andria » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:07 am

indigo_jones wrote:I have to say that I'm particularly impressed with how both of the guys do such a great job creating their characters. They make them so believable -- the bumbling, naive, and at times idiotic personalities.

I think it is the mark of a truly great performer when then can play a character or part so well that you start to believe that is how they actually are in real life. Or perhaps I'm just easily taken in that way... :wink: Rhys Darby did a really good job of making Brian believable, too.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Even though we know there is much more beneath the surface

Postby Ellen » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:15 am

Andria wrote:I think it is the mark of a truly great performer when then can play a character or part so well that you start to believe that is how they actually are in real life.

That’s it, exactly. Well stated, Andria (as usual :wink: ).
Ellen

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:21 pm

I think it is the mark of a truly great performer when then can play a character or part so well that you start to believe that is how they actually are in real life.

Exactly!

I am a native too! I live in Lockhart which is north of Pine Hills (Crime Hills)

Heh. Yes, it was Pine Hills that I lived in. *sigh* It really wasn't like that 30+ years ago. I had a great childhood there, which made it all the more sad for me to see what had happened to the area when I went back this summer. My mom used to work in the Lockhart area, so I remember it well, and we drove through it on our way out of town when we were there. That's changed quite a bit from my memories, too, although it was surprising to see all the things that hadn't changed at all. It was a freaky trip, since I hadn't been back to Orlando since 1988/89.

indigo_jones

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords