It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:52 pm

Flight of the Conchords 7"

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Re: Flight of the Conchords 7"

Postby Sherry » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Ah there was me ever hopeful. I guess all the singles released for the day will have that inner.

Thanks for the pic though :)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby stank » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:45 pm

There have already been some sold for $15 and $20 on ebay. Looks like it was a good investment.
stank
Giving the paper to the people

Postby halokiti » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:19 am

I went to the store listed on the website aka the bong and alternative lifestyle store and the guy was like "I don't even know why we were listed." No records at all. :(
halokiti
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:29 am

If anyone has an extra that they wouldn't mind selling to me, PM me and we'll work out some payment details 8)
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby vmh » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:11 am

I just got back from the store. I had to work some teen expo thing for my job this morning so I didn't get to the record store until 3 PM. My old manager was there and he gave me a $10 gift card. Nice! I asked one of the workers there about the single and she started looking for it, adding that she bought one herself. Then her smile fades. Uh-oh. They're sold out. Before any real disappointment could set in, another manager ran up and told me he had the last one! I got lucky. :nana: $6.99. There was a lot going on. There was an in-store for Eagles of Death Metal. I didn't stay for too long. Sub Pop wrote a funny, little excerpt on the back for people who have never seen a record.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby dandy lyons » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:38 am

I had emailed all the record shops in Vancouver a couple weeks ago asking if they would have any Subpop singles in stock for Record Store Day. Those who responded said they had ordered them but weren't sure what they would get. Nothing at the first shop, but at the second I spoke with the owner who told me that SubPop recently banned export to Canada (and other countries I'm assuming) for some reason, so that's total BUNK! Luckily I called a friend in Portland and she picked one up for me. Still... lame!
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby arto » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:25 am

secured mine earlier today from my local record shop, my minds eye. great place, I would've picked up another if I could've found it and sold it to somebody in need of it... it was only $5... that surprised me.

EDIT: just listened to it... it was very rough. I liked it... it had a real "live" vibe to it... like little banter in pencils, and jemaine messing the different voices up in the beginning of albi
arto
New arrival

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:53 am

but at the second I spoke with the owner who told me that SubPop recently banned export to Canada (and other countries I'm assuming) for some reason, so that's total BUNK!

Are they trying to go under? In this electronic age, I'm surprised at just how difficult it can be to get stuff legally. If it's a matter of differing international copyright laws, I think something needs to be reworked ASAP!

I still have a bunch of my old 45s. Sadly, no record player to play them on at the moment. Eventually, though! Glad to hear a lot of you were able to pick up copies! Too bad the cover was so bland.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Cuse » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:55 pm

I picked up one from Jack's in Red Bank, NJ, on Sunday. They still had 3 left.
Cuse

Postby stank » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:17 pm

ebay's starting to get more of those. Now they're going for $25.
stank

Postby vmh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Arto mentioned this already but for the Albi track, Jemaine did mess up while doing all the different voices. He started using his albanian boy voice for the dragon and stopped mid-sentence to correct himself. But I really liked that they included this version rather than something more polished.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby LSully9 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:55 pm

vmh wrote: Jemaine did mess up while doing all the different voices. He started using his albanian boy voice for the dragon and stopped mid-sentence to correct himself.

Lol! I love it! I'll have to see if I can find a copy as Saturday was just too busy and I couldn't get out.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby vmh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Hopefully, your local record store will still have a few copies.

I just checked ebay and it looks like it's selling for as high as $34.99 (Buy It Now option) and as low as $0.99.
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Rhymnoserous » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:00 pm

*sad*

My local store said they sold out within the first few hours on Saturday. If anyone still has any extra they're willing to sell, please let me know. I'm slowly starting to collect vinyl and I'd love to add this to my collection.
Rhymnoserous

Postby Cuse » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:17 am

Ummm, guys.

:yay:

I think you get them directly, right here:
http://www.subpop.com/releases/flight_o ... n_the_wind
Cuse

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords