It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:09 pm

No swooning allowed - For the guys (and ladies too)

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderator: Venus

Re: No swooning allowed - For the guys (and ladies too)

Postby LauraK » Wed May 27, 2009 3:00 am

I thought you were higher up...I guess it's more like Top40 Friends....but still! 8)

Yep, you'd have to join but you don't have to put much info if you don't want to. Yep, the blogs are cool but there hasn't been a new one in a while- though not as long as on their actual webpage, lol! I don't remember if Jemaine wrote all of them.... I belonged to MySpace first and don't do a lot there any more but I also don't care for the changes at FB lately....so I just check in. It doesn't take long at either place and it's worth it for updates and if you're bored....to fill out some pointless surveys and quizzes! :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby deliriumtree » Wed May 27, 2009 3:38 am

This almost makes me re-think deleting my myspace page...er...almost. Maybe if I ever make another one and just didn't approve everyone that sent a friend request. Approving everyone is probably a bad idea in hindsight, but I thought who am I to be all judge-y and elitist? Having a lady insist that I was once a dude and fathered her baby was just too much for me though. lol I'm still freaked out by it!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Bad Atom » Wed May 27, 2009 8:23 am

As long as you don't make it your life, MySpace and Facebook are okay. In small doses. There are some odd folks on there, though, I have my own personal "Mel". :love:
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby indigo_jones » Wed May 27, 2009 10:07 am

Excuse me while I gently nudge this conversation back on topic ... ;)
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Bad Atom wrote:As long as you don't make it your life, MySpace and Facebook are okay. In small doses. There are some odd folks on there, though, I have my own personal "Mel". :love:

Haha, I see her on your profile. I'm so tempted to make a comment on your page about it, but I don't...who knows if she's the safe kind of stalker or the erm...not so safe kind... :worry:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Venus » Wed May 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Corrine wrote:
Venus wrote:I'm pretty sure they gave out the password on the FOTC facebook fanpage as one of the 'updates'. All you have to do is 'become a fan' if you aren't already:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Fligh ... rds?ref=ts

I'm not on MySpace either but I suppose MySpace would be more reliable when it comes to presales and announcements.

Well, I went on the facebook page and clicked "become a fan" is something supposed to happen after that? Am I supposed to receive updates or something? I'm still a bit new to facebook, so not sure how all this stuff works.

I like the thought that Jemaine actually goes on myspace, etc., but not sure I want to spend the time creating a page there etc. when otherwise I don't know anyone on there, since all the people I keep in touch with seem to be on facebook. I think someone told me at some point that facebook is the myspace for grownups. (Don't know if that is accurate or not.) I also noticed that there is a blog on the FOTC myspace page. I assume I would need to be a myspace member to read that. Is that something that Jemaine writes?

I love the updates that they did on their old webpage. Too bad they don't have that anymore. It cracked me up when I read it. I assume that's Jemaine writing, right? It is very funny. I love it when he talks about their approach to the website being that they will get into it, then forget about it for a while, then eventually come back to it, etc. It just goes to show they are just like everyone else in the world.

Nope you don't have to do anything else. The facebook fanpage is updated by someone who works for HBO and the updates aren't that frequent. It's mainly a place for fans to share their experiences of FOTC, post pics and videos etc.

I know what you mean about MySpace. I haven't really been inclined to join since practically everyone I know is on facebook and there's just something about MySpace which I don't like. It's great that Jemaine updates the MySpace page though. The FOTC MySpace page is public so I can read all the blogs and see all the pics so you don't necessarily have to join.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby poptartgirl » Wed May 27, 2009 4:14 pm

No swooning, eh ?

Well, it's about bloody time ! :twisted: :lol:

I'm not saying Bret and Jemaine aren't attractive fellas but most of the time I just did this when I read all the swooning commentary : :roll: :doh: :bang:

Rant/vent over...exhales :D
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"
poptartgirl

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 27, 2009 4:52 pm

I think it's fun to swoon. It's like we're all at a big slumber party, looking at our old issues of Tiger Beat, lol. It's silly and it's girly and it's even kind of immature but I need that in my life. :D I totally understand how it's not for everyone, though, and I think it's a good idea to have a no swoon zone for those folks who aren't into it. I've been trying to confine my swooning to the photo thread lately. I've been doing some hard core swooning over there, though. :whistle: It's like, the swooning becomes more concentrated if I can't spread it out over a larger area, lol.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby deliriumtree » Thu May 28, 2009 3:26 am

mockingbird wrote:I think it's fun to swoon. It's like we're all at a big slumber party, looking at our old issues of Tiger Beat, lol. It's silly and it's girly and it's even kind of immature but I need that in my life. :D

That's how I feel too! I missed out on all that girly stuff growing up so it's been fun getting in touch with that side. Even though I don't feel like I quite have the knack of it (only I would berate myself for not swooning properly lol). Other days I really am not up to swooning, I'd rather just chat, so this is very cool!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree

Postby Cuse » Thu May 28, 2009 4:05 am

I think the non-swoon thread should include no mentioning of said swooning. Just sayin'!
Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby mockingbird » Thu May 28, 2009 4:49 am

OK, sorry. :oops: You're right.

What was the actual topic again? :hrm: Something about Facebook? :D I used to check out their MySpace page regularly, mainly because I wanted to watch the Amoeba video repeatedly, lol. That sounds like a swoon but it really isn't - that concert cracks me up, with the Albi flub and all the technical problems at the beginning, etc. It's a classic. Also I really love the song Bret sings during soundcheck. Apparently it's a Flaming Lips song? I know very little about FL so I have no idea but I like how Bret sings it, pretty and haunting.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby songbird » Thu May 28, 2009 5:16 am

I LOVE the Amoeba video. Jem forgetting the lyrics to Albi is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, and Bret putting his leg up on his guitar and drumming during Prince of Parties is amazing. I also think the way that they handled all of the technical problems was just hilarious. :D
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Thu May 28, 2009 5:25 am

Bret: Maybe if everyone just concentrates on the DG20 working...

*Bret, plays a chord, everyone cheers*

Jemaine: *laughs* That's all it took!
Bret: Wow. That's powerful stuff!!

:rolls:

I <3 Amoeba.
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.
ravenhpltc24

Postby vmh » Thu May 28, 2009 2:42 pm

I'm kicking myself for not going to the Amoeba in-store. I didn't go because I had a midterm or something around the same time. One of my friends got there a few hours early and he didn't even get in. I imagine you'd have to show up first thing in the morning and camp out just to get a wristband to go inside.

It's been awhile since I've seen the video but I think the Flaming Lips song Bret is playing is Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Thu May 28, 2009 2:53 pm

You are entirely right vmh.... It took me forever to figure that out.

I love the Flaming Lips!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
prettyrobyngirl

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords