It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:04 am

emmy nominations!!

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderator: Venus

Re: emmy nominations!!

Postby Red » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:25 pm

vmh wrote:
Venus wrote:DaMango was describing the first interview which is the YouTube link I posted. I don't have a link for the second interview I mentioned with E! but if you want a description, it basically it starts off with the interviewer saying that she interviewed some top celebrities that night but she "literally crapped her pants" when she saw them on the red carpet and how she's obsessed with the show etc. She continues with a couple of questions about the TV show and Kristen and Jemaine do most of the talking. She picks up on Jemaine looking freaked out and then comments that Bret looks as if he's going to "walk away and talk crap" about her so Bret walks away and just hangs around in the background, Kristen is shocked and says "Holy cow! What did you say to him?", Jemaine apologises and said that he thinks it's because she came on a bit too strong earlier on... :doh:

Wow! Some interviewer, eh? How do these people get these jobs? :tsk:

Here's a link to this interview. http://www.eonline.com/videos/v11894194 ... ords_.html Its pretty bad.
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:28 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Is anyone prepared to record the show/preshows etc. with screengrab capabilities?

Oh I hope so. :pray: We cut our cable off about 3 years ago as a social experiment just to see how long we could make it without tv. I gave us 6 months but its been years and we're still content. I watch a handful of shows either off Xbox Live or online but I have no idea how to watch any Emmy coverage. If anyone knows a website that will be streaming it, please let me know. And after the big event any screengrabs and links to videos of guys will be much appreciated!
Red

Postby funny schipperke » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:39 pm

That reminds me, I should figure out what channel its going to be on.
I don't have any sort of tivo or anything, so I can't record it unless I do it the old school way with my vcr and make a dvd of it.... you know, a dubbed video dubbed. :lol:
Image Image
funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby jillbean » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Red wrote:
vmh wrote:
Venus wrote:DaMango was describing the first interview which is the YouTube link I posted. I don't have a link for the second interview I mentioned with E! but if you want a description, it basically it starts off with the interviewer saying that she interviewed some top celebrities that night but she "literally crapped her pants" when she saw them on the red carpet and how she's obsessed with the show etc. She continues with a couple of questions about the TV show and Kristen and Jemaine do most of the talking. She picks up on Jemaine looking freaked out and then comments that Bret looks as if he's going to "walk away and talk crap" about her so Bret walks away and just hangs around in the background, Kristen is shocked and says "Holy cow! What did you say to him?", Jemaine apologises and said that he thinks it's because she came on a bit too strong earlier on... :doh:

Wow! Some interviewer, eh? How do these people get these jobs? :tsk:

Here's a link to this interview. http://www.eonline.com/videos/v11894194 ... ords_.html Its pretty bad.

Just when you thought you could not love Bret, Jemaine and Kristen anymore (esp. Bret)!
jillbean
Consistently Mediocre

Postby funny schipperke » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:44 pm

In case anyone else was wondering, it's being broadcast on CBS.
I also found this site http://techpp.com/2009/09/19/watch-emmy ... ming-free/ which lists sites where you can watch it streaming online. :D
Image Image
funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Faith » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:48 pm

I haven't been really paying attention too much to the Emmys besides finding out info on the guys, because I just found out yesterday that Neil Patrick Harris is hosting this year. And there's talk of Dr. Horrible production number! I may actually watch the show live this year and not wait until I've recorded it and watch it later. FOTC and NPH? I'm there!
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby LauraK » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:58 pm

Ohhhhh, that was hard to watch. I'd only seen it once before but man. :oops: What a fool she made of herself. Watch Bret's jaw when she says she almost crapped her pants.... :?
I would have sent them bouquets of flowers and an extremely contrite apology after that debacle..... :oops:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Maze » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Red wrote:
vmh wrote:
Venus wrote: ...if you want a description, it basically it starts off with the interviewer saying that she interviewed some top celebrities that night but she "literally crapped her pants" when she saw them on the red carpet and how she's obsessed with the show etc. She continues with a couple of questions about the TV show and Kristen and Jemaine do most of the talking. She picks up on Jemaine looking freaked out and then comments that Bret looks as if he's going to "walk away and talk crap" about her so Bret walks away and just hangs around in the background, Kristen is shocked and says "Holy cow! What did you say to him?", Jemaine apologises and said that he thinks it's because she came on a bit too strong earlier on... :doh:

Wow, that was as appalling as you summarized, Venus. Thanks for posting, Red. That was about 100 X as bad as the Diane Mizota one. She was kinda spacy but the interview was pretty run-of-the-mill by Hollywood standards. This Kristin looked like she had a few too many, and was driving drunk with her interviews. :tsk: Pity everybody who had to be ambushed by her that night. That's a Hollywood party for you - like some 3-ring circus!

And no kidding, how rude was she? She was totally focusing on Jemaine and KS & practically ignoring Bret who looked bored out of his mind, chewing gum. Jemaine looks like he's going to burst out laughing because the interviewer is such a mess.

Only thing I liked about this clip was Jemaine's quip about fearing he'd been written out of the show, even though he's one of the writers. :roll2:
Maze
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Venus » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:07 pm

funny schipperke wrote:In case anyone else was wondering, it's being broadcast on CBS.
I also found this site http://techpp.com/2009/09/19/watch-emmy ... ming-free/ which lists sites where you can watch it streaming online. :D

Thanks for that link. I heard justin.tv is good for live streaming and I see that's on the list so I will definitely be checking that out :thumb:

Thanks Red for finding the link so that everyone else can see it for themselves. What a perfect example of how not to conduct an interview :roll:

Maze wrote:Wow, that was as appalling as you summarized, Venus. Thanks for posting, Red. That was about 100 X as bad as the Diane Mizota one. She was kinda spacy but the interview was pretty run-of-the-mill by Hollywood standards. This Kristin looked like she had a few too many, and was driving drunk with her interviews. :tsk: Pity everybody who had to be ambushed by her that night. That's a Hollywood party for you - like some 3-ring circus!

And no kidding, how rude was she? She was totally focusing on Jemaine and KS & practically ignoring Bret who looked bored out of his mind, chewing gum. Jemaine looks like he's going to burst out laughing because the interviewer is such a mess.

Only thing I liked about this clip was Jemaine's quip about fearing he'd been written out of the show, even though he's one of the writers. :roll2:

I love that part too! It's great how Jemaine can give incredibly witty answers to such silly questions :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Red » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:26 am

funny schipperke wrote:In case anyone else was wondering, it's being broadcast on CBS.

Thank you!
Red

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:30 am

I just have to say - that interview made me fell all sorts of awkward.

And Bret was looking pretty adorable chewing that gum. Very "Whatever, Murray" cool :)
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Venus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:09 am

Haha yeah Bret's gum chewing was pretty cute :lol:

Ah so I'm going to a friend's surprise birthday party tomorrow but as far as I know it will last throughout the day and I should be back in time for red carpet footage at 11pm and hopefully the awards ceremony online. Can't wait! :D

Good luck boys! :yay:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby mockingbird » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:33 am

"Maybe it's because you came on a bit strong at the beginning..." :lol: Ah Jemaine, master of the understatement, lol. ;)

Actually, I felt kind of sorry for her, how weird is that? I think maybe I'm just contrary! Really though, it's because the first girl seemed utterly clueless about how moronic she was being, while the second girl looked like she might have some awareness that she was coming off like an ass. Oh man, how awkward was that interview! It was 100x worse than the first one, it's true. :roll: Poor Jemaine looked truly uncomfortable at the end, lol.

Wow, I wonder what kind of crap they'll run into this time around, lol. They're brave for doing it again. ;)
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:18 am

Mock I think if anything they'll be much better prepared this time around. First of all, they will know by now what to say in an awkward interview. And second, they've had awhile to get used to the extra attention - I think at that point it was all still really new to them
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Gracie » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:20 am

:worry: Awww

That was truly awful.

Oh Jemaine, hilarious even in the most dire circumstances. :wink:
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.
Gracie
Registered Rhymnecologist

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords