Freaking out over I Told You I Was Freaky - the new album

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Re: Freaking out over I Told You I Was Freaky - the new album

Postby Venus » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 am

They're captured from episodes :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:41 am

thanks Venus! That's the only one I dont have!
closet jemainiac
---

Postby LauraK » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:44 am

Thanks, Venus! Nothin Wrong- I LOVE that one! Jake and I have fun singing it in the car. There's no way they could've worked that one into the show, lol.

HotJam wrote:I actually consider the S1 episodes as a kind of videotrack of those long existing songs.

Exactly! :thumb:

They had to write S1 to fit the songs. For S2 they had to write the songs and the shows concurrently. (Except for Angels.) I don't think I liked it any less than S1 though, just differently.

CJ- here's the original Petrov from Folk the World (Live): (this is played against some neat drawings by a fan.) :) Love both their voices in this but especially Jemaine- so creepy as Petrov and harmonizing so beautifully as well.

Here's the show's version- (and the one on the CD) see the time difference:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:00 am

I have a capture of Femident that I ripped off YouTube.

BTW, I got my CD from Amazon. My husband insisted I keep it because "you never know, and you should have a backup copy. Hee!

It is lovely hearing the songs in nice clean audio fidelity.
And I love Arj's silly raps.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mockingbird » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:38 am

It's so interesting reading everyone's opinions. It's cool how different people take away different things... I guess that's part of their appeal.

I LOVED Wingmen. It's one of my favorite episodes from S2. The part where Dave and Jem are coaching Bret over the walkie talkie is just so funny. And Mel helping them stalk her, and the mugging... the whole thing cracks me up. But then I like Dave's rap in Sugalumps too. "Ten bucks and a frisbee," hee hee! :lol: I like how the frisbee is what tips him over the edge. ;)
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby deliriumtree » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:51 am

How could it possibly not tip the scales? It's a freakin frisbee!! :D

As far as the two albums and seasons I like them both give or take equally. There's songs on both I listen to less... foux de fafa I tend to skip over as well as petrov. Others I wear out like Carol Brown and Think about it. For me, I don't see a season being more favorable than the other, just individual songs and episodes in general.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby jillbean » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:31 am

DaMango wrote:You guys make some good points. The songs from Season 1 do make a better stand alone album, because they did stand alone for so many years. The new album is more like the "Season 2 Original Soundtrack". Do you think it would've received better reviews if it were marketed as a soundtrack? Hmm... :hrm:

Perhaps; then again, anything aside from "Easy Listening" may help (thanks iTunes!). Ha! I do wonder if the guys purposely got the album categorized as such just because that would be their sense of humor!
jillbean
Consistently Mediocre

Postby claire » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:27 pm

i forgot how much i liked the man ho song that cracked me up, but i didn't like this version of carol brown for the same reason i didn't like petrov cuz bret's not doing his parts, he's so much funnier playing the parts of the ex-girlfriends, it just makes no sense to me for them to put other people in place of bret or jemaine's parts when they're of course so much better at it...
that's frozen cool...
claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby SuzyBatt » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:39 pm

Just in case anyone is keeping score, I FINALLY received my CD from Sub-Pop, swag and all. But I got the least interesting of badges, the one with the album title only. Oh well, life goes on. Happy to finally have it in my hands though! :D
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SheWolf » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Just had a look at the lyric book for the first time. In Fashion is Danger I always thought Bret sang that he was the "she she poo he he" but it says "shi shi oo ee ee" What the? I like my version better.

Man ala mode is the greatest line. If someone were to start a Bret fansite they should call it Man ala Mode.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:11 pm

ThreeHoursToNewYork, as someone who is a rock collector, I appreciate the thinking that bootlegs are an adjunct for you after you've bought everything you can from a band. There are a few bands I'm like that for. And I hate to have to come down on you when you're relatively new here.

However, since there's some officially released material on that torrent, I have to delete your message. That's a very clear and non-negotiable rule here.

MM
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby bakergirl30 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Just got my LP from Subpop! The record is purple!! :P BUT I got no stinkin badge. :( Oh well.... I tried. But I love everything else it came with. So Im good.
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby DaMango » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:08 pm

Awesome, bakergirl! Mine should be here soon then, since our orders shipped on the same day. (Although, I do live just a few miles from Sub Pop. Where's my record!?)

Anyway, I'm just excited about the purple vinyl, I can do without the badge. I actually made my own badge using the photo of Bret and me. I wanted to wear it, but after my boyfriend saw it, the badge mysteriously disappeared... :hrm:
DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DangerMouse » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:13 am

I really like their new album.... but if i have to hear my sister quote hurt feelings once more I am gonna have to figure out a way to remotely *smak* her :x (my mom forgot my b-day this year...apparently she was 'busy')

I was going to get her her own copy; but I think for her safety I will not order her one :wink:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...
DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:15 am

DaMango wrote:Awesome, bakergirl! Mine should be here soon then, since our orders shipped on the same day. (Although, I do live just a few miles from Sub Pop. Where's my record!?)

Anyway, I'm just excited about the purple vinyl, I can do without the badge. I actually made my own badge using the photo of Bret and me. I wanted to wear it, but after my boyfriend saw it, the badge mysteriously disappeared... :hrm:

I hope you got it today! :D And I hope it's purple!!

And what would your boyfriend want with your badge? Jealous? Or likes it? :hrm:
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords