It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:25 am

Conchords Best of the Decade

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Conchords Best of the Decade

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:34 pm

The Onion included Flight of the Conchords in their Best Comedy Records of the Decade (about a quarter of the way down):
http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-best ... ade,35403/

Flight Of The Conchords, Flight Of The Conchords (2008)

Initially earning a cult through a live show in which they sat on stools, played acoustic guitars, and never cracked a smile while performing songs that punctured every cliché of romantic folkies and lusty R&B men, Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie took to the recording studio like a Rhymenoceros takes to a Hiphopopotamus. The first season of their HBO show was written around these songs (not the other way around), and they tweaked the arrangements just enough to make their debut something people can still listen to once they’re done laughing. Even a cursory listen reveals that Clement and McKenzie are far more than simply “New Zealand’s fourth most popular folk-parody duo.” They deserve to be at least third—maybe second.
Key track: “Business Time,” which proves they can turn just about anything into a “sexy dance.” (Michaelangelo Matos)
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Re: Conchords Best of the Decade

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:52 pm

Thanks MM! I sooo love it when our guys get the recognition they deserve! :heart:
closet jemainiac
---

Re: Conchords Best of the Decade

Postby mockingbird » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:22 am

I :heart: the Onion. (and FOTC)
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Return to Flight of The Conchords