WTF! forum - Options for the future (its not so distant now)

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: WTF! forum - Options for the future (its not so distant

Postby Sherry » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:47 am

mohumbhai mania wrote:That shiny new forum button on the front page looks great!!!

:thanks: and :lol: I've not touched the main site in years :lol:

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:24 pm

Ah, ADD. The gift that keeps on giving. :/ :bang:
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:30 am

4ever and nonch- Exictly!!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:07 am

I vote to keep it open too! I know I'm a little late answering, but like others, I'm still around, still checking on and off. I agree that the traffic is nowhere near what it used to be but for our little hardcore group, small as it may be. However, it does seem odd to keep a site open for a handful of people. :hrm: If only they'd make it easy on us and just get back together already!! :lol:

I'll take this moment to say BRAVO to Sherry for everything you've done to put this on the map, and more recently Venus and Nancy for your hard work and unwavering commitment. :) :clap:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:23 pm

No, I totally bow to Venus. :clap:
She even deletes the Spammers before I get to them!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Diah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Diah » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:50 am

I would hate to have joined just in time to see the end. I will be happy in knowing I was a member even if the forum closes. My lurking time was awesome but apparently I spent too much time doing so. You all have so much access to articles and interviews that I look forward to viewing daily. I appreciate your devotion.
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:08 am

It seems that most of those who have posted want it to remain open but also accept that for a handful of people only really being active, there maybe isn't so much point in doing so. I'm happy to give the forum a chance and to see if things pick up. I won't promise the forum will still be active this time next year. The forum will remain open for the WIUO tour of the US this winter. Hopefully in that time some new members may sign up and post and perhaps older ones return for a natter :)

Should the guys announce an FoTC project then it will of course remain open to ensure people have a place to discuss.

I looked at how many members had logged in so far this year (does not mean they all posted) and it scraped into the low double digits, 26 or so and a handful of those are new accounts who have yet to log in for the first time after activation. And some of those who posted, only posted to comment in this thread. Fair enough as I have feedback from it :D

After the WIUO tour I'll review the situation with Venus and Max and see where we are. There may be things we can do in the meantime to increase readership and active postings, there may not. I am pondering moving all the main site onto a new look that isn't so creaky and can therefore have a feed installed on it with recent posts/topics on the forum perhaps. I do see that plenty of people still find the main site and read its contents but not as many find their way to the forum. I don't want to make the forum the home page of WTF!, that isn't something I think I could ever do as the main site is WTF! to me and it needs it to be there.

The forum is also in need of a back up and un upgrade as its on and older version and creaking badly. If this happens it may go offline for a few days without any advance notice as Max will just head over and get it all sorted. I have checked the mods that are on offer for this PHPBB softward and will see if Max can install a few small ones. I don't really like the 'Like' button but it seems to be wanted here so will try to get him to do that and one or two other things. Can't promise though as he is really busy and may not have time to poke around with installing new stuff.

Cheers

Sherry

Diah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Diah » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:45 am

Thank you for the update, Sherry. I like all that you have mentioned except for the "like button." Oh how I hate the invention of that button. I look for it whenever I read or type these days. So pitiful.

I will however back you up 100% on your decisions. :cheer:

Diah
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback and kind comments. I'm happy to see how things go keeping the forum open and monitoring the level of activity. I appreciate that people continue to visit the forum without logging in and how much members continue to value the forum compared to social media but forums are meant to be interactive and we need evidence of how much the forum is being used through the number of people logging in and posting. If anyone has any other comments and ideas to increase membership and raise activity levels then please don't hesitate to let us know. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”