Banter About Bret

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby dangerous person » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:12 am

I don't know if there is any info on this, but I've been wondering what other projects Bret has in the pipeline: Rhys has done a couple of movies, Jemaine has done one, what is Bret doing???
It doesn't look like he has been doing music with the Black Seeds or the WIUO. Are the Conchords taking all his time? Obviously the writing of season two has been hard work and time consuming, but I want to hear about other stuff in the pipeline for him......
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

H....

Postby H.... » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:35 am

Me too. Any news would be good news.
Throw us your potatoes!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:37 am

I'm with Indy on this one. Jemaine has plenty of threads for convo on him (preferably without mentions of draping noodles in certain places). Keep it there.

If I had seen this before Indy I'd have gone one further than Indy and delete the last batch of posts that were Jemaine related. But I'll leave this to Indy as she got here first :) Please respect our guidelines.

And to make it Bret related so Ms Indy doesn't delete my post here :lol:

Ummmm, Bret was envious I got to see Bowie live. And Figwit keeps coming back to haunt him. Daily Express ran a bit on it last week when someone wrote in and asked a Q about it :shock: Why!

I dunno, I'm all out of ideas :doh:

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:43 am

I thought I actually posted this earlier, but maybe I didn't hit the submit button. Anyway, DP, I know Bret has talked in the past year or so about doing some music projects with his girlfriend and maybe another Video Kid album, and I'm sure he can always write music wherever he is and then hold onto it until he gets back to NZ or is able to record. So, hopefully, he'll be doing some more music in the future, in one form or another, once this phase of FotC is through.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

dangerous person

Postby dangerous person » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Thanks Sherry and Indy, I actually remember reading this info from you before Indy :doh:
I guess we have to wait and see...... Tis frustrating though!

H....

Postby H.... » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:05 pm

It's nice to know though.
Throw us your potatoes!

nikki78
Lost but happy at sea

Postby nikki78 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:05 pm

indigo_jones wrote:I thought I actually posted this earlier, but maybe I didn't hit the submit button. Anyway, DP, I know Bret has talked in the past year or so about doing some music projects with his girlfriend and maybe another Video Kid album, and I'm sure he can always write music wherever he is and then hold onto it until he gets back to NZ or is able to record. So, hopefully, he'll be doing some more music in the future, in one form or another, once this phase of FotC is through.

I really hope so. I'd like to hear more solo stuff, or least have him do more lead vocals in whatever band he chooses to be in next. As much as I LOVE the FOTC music, I'm eager to hear some of his serious songs. I can't get enough of that sweet voice. :heartbeat:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:14 pm

IIRC the band is/was called The Lovers Band

dangerous person

Postby dangerous person » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:18 pm

Sherry wrote:IIRC the band is/was called The Lovers Band

really? :?
not the catchiest name if I may say so......

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:32 am

No, but if it's with Hannah, then that's sweet. :couple:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:46 pm

I'm resurrecting this lovely thread to post something truly wonderful that I found today. I'm sure it's already been posted (I'm really slow off the mark on these things, forgive me!), but it's deliriously silly and loveable, so I figure it's worth the chance of being redundant. This is for everyone who needs a little sunny and hilarious Conchordian pick-me up in their lives, but most especially for my friend Val, who's been having a tough couple of days. You hang in there, kitten! Make like Bret and waggle ya head in the air like ya just don't care. :D

And now I am going downstairs to dance across my kitchen floor in my sockfeet as I make dinner. You're all invited. No need to bring wine; I've got plenty. :yawinkle:

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Okay, that was flipping adorable. Kristen is sooooo cute - how much fun must it be to hang out with her? That made me want to get up and dance myself. And oh Bret..... :heart: such a sweetie.

Thank you so much for that Turnip, it brought a smile to my face when I really needed it. You rock. :hug:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

dangerous person

Postby dangerous person » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:45 pm

That was absolutely lovely and silly. Thank you mon petit Navet.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:45 am

KS was born in 1989?? I had no idea she was so young. And how freaky to have an expiration date put on your life, eek!

Such a fabulously fun video, though... Mel is a good fan. If I were in a band, she could come dance to my music any time.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:44 pm

mockingbird wrote:KS was born in 1989?? I had no idea she was so young. And how freaky to have an expiration date put on your life, eek!

Such a fabulously fun video, though... Mel is a good fan. If I were in a band, she could come dance to my music any time.

I refuse to believe that KS is younger than me. ABSOLUTELY REFUSE.

Back to Bret though - I'd love to see ... possibly a full length FOTC musical OR at least have the Black Seeds become more popular in the US...

Return to “Bret McKenzie”