It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:37 am


Banter About Bret

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderator: Venus

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby sanza » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:06 am

Yeah well, she's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper.

Well, that bird doesn't have any wings - - It's only got one leg.

Can I please have a look at the lyrics? This is another one of your weird songs, man.

They have to deal with all the imaginary things...Like rouge Unicorns
sanza
New arrival
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:44 pm

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby aom192 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:39 pm

"Dear Jemaine, By the time you read this, I will be far far away at Coco's house and I will no longer be residing ... and that is just one of the reasons why I'm moving out. You didn't seem to understand th-- ... And the most important thing for me to say is that ... Do you remember the time that seagull ... ? ... Yours sincerely, Bret"

I really really really want to know what that was all about...
Ah Gandolf...I like what you've done with your beard.

We'll never make it...there's thousands of them and only about 8 of us!
Oh no!
We made it.
Hurray!
User avatar
aom192
Half a shapely halibut
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:52 pm
Location: In space with Bowie

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby dangerous person » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:10 pm

I believe I have found the perfect top to combine Bret's love of animal tshirts and the famous eye-patch.
Have a look here: http://www.threadless.com/product/1361/Animals_with_Eyepatches_Yes
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"
User avatar
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am
Location: UK

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby PsychoChique » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:23 pm

Cute! Shame it isn't Bret wearing the actual T-shirt, or is it? If not it's a v v v close resemblance - the Bret lookalike/substitute?! :wink:
... I go where the party takes me ...

You're so Beautiful, Like a Tree, or a High Class Prostitute...

... Any Last Requests, Again, My Friend?...
User avatar
PsychoChique
Getting lewd with the food
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:47 pm
Location: Australia, in a dried up puddle

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby WomanInThePark » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:28 pm

Man, I want that shirt! Animals With Eyepatches! Yes!
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?
User avatar
WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:44 pm

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby hellomyfriend » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:52 pm

The Threadless model does look like Bret! :shock: I wonder if that was intentional.

Image
User avatar
hellomyfriend
Registered Rhymnecologist
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Northern California, USA

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby H.... » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:14 pm

Most definitely!
Throw us your potatoes!
User avatar
H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:36 am
Location: The sofa...

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby aom192 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:46 pm

a coincidence?? i think not.

on another note i am so ticked off. me and family are goin to california in a week's time but flight of the conchords dont have ne upcoming shows!!! why couldnt we nt have gone last year!!! life's not fair...now ill never see bret... :(
Ah Gandolf...I like what you've done with your beard.

We'll never make it...there's thousands of them and only about 8 of us!
Oh no!
We made it.
Hurray!
User avatar
aom192
Half a shapely halibut
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:52 pm
Location: In space with Bowie

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby JulesJules » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:55 pm

I hope people don't look at them as a dim bulb and a rude brick because of their tv characters. Bret's smart! And Jemaine's sweet!


Surely most people realize that they're acting. Those who don't are probably a bit dim themselves. Perhaps more than 'a bit'.

That picture w/the Bret look-alike is too cute. I want the puppy!
User avatar
JulesJules
Registered Rhymnecologist
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby dangerous person » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:16 am

hellomyfriend wrote:The Threadless model does look like Bret! :shock: I wonder if that was intentional.

Image


I hadn't even noticed that!! :shock:
Not half as gorgeous as our Bret, but definite resemblance.
Well, I cracked and ordered the shirt, it will be my hommage to Bret and my secret FotC shirt..... 8)
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"
User avatar
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am
Location: UK

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby hellomyfriend » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:53 pm

dangerous person wrote:Not half as gorgeous as our Bret ...



Is anyone?? :love:
User avatar
hellomyfriend
Registered Rhymnecologist
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Northern California, USA

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby hellomyfriend » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:14 am

aom192 wrote:"Dear Jemaine, By the time you read this, I will be far far away at Coco's house and I will no longer be residing ... and that is just one of the reasons why I'm moving out. You didn't seem to understand th-- ... And the most important thing for me to say is that ... Do you remember the time that seagull ... ? ... Yours sincerely, Bret"

I really really really want to know what that was all about...



Me too! Especially the "Do you remember the time that seagull ... ?" part. Hahahahahaha :biggrin:
User avatar
hellomyfriend
Registered Rhymnecologist
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Northern California, USA

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby hellomyfriend » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:36 am

More Bret quotes:

"I can't be tickling all night. I'm not even ticklish. ... No, I'm faking it. Yeah, she's faking it as well, I think."

"Why are you moving out? Is it something I've done? ... Is it 'cause of the towel? ... 'Cause I used your towel and I got athlete's foot? ... It's not that? ... Is it my mold farm? ... Are you sick of my mold farm? ... Is it aspergillus fumigatus? ... You sure? ... Was it something from a while ago? ... When we were at school and you said you got a hickey from Judy Bailey, I told everyone it was the vacuum cleaner? ... Is that it? ... But you did. ... Yes, you did. ... Well, it was a perfectly round hickey. ... Well, it was exactly the same size as the vacuum cleaner tube. ... Oh! Is it because I drank all the orange juice? ... Is it because I drank all the apple juice? ... Was it something psychological? Because I put you down in front of other people? ... He wouldn't know, 'cause he's got no idea. ... Well, is it because I ask too many questions? ... Was it something subtle? ... Is it 'cause I eat too loudly? ... It is? I knew it!"

"Who took that photo?"

"What about a planet of diamonds and rubies?"

"Well, it's difficult to draw a wolf, so I used a picture of myself and then adjusted it."
User avatar
hellomyfriend
Registered Rhymnecologist
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Northern California, USA

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby hellomyfriend » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:00 am

"[Murray: Band meeting. ... Bret?] No."

"I think I took this photo. Yeah, I took it. ... It's got a good energy."

"That's gymnasts, Murray."

"I'm not bulimic!"

"I've had some pretty freaky dreams ... I had one where I was a guinea pig but with my face, and I had another one where I was a giraffe but then when you look--"

"Bye-bye, David Bowie."

"Well, it wasn't my idea, Murray. David Bowie told me to do it in a dream."

"Yeah, I was wearing makeup. I had lightning bolts on my wanger."

"So I'm guessing, like, if David Bowie isn't that confident, then maybe most people aren't that confident, which means I'm not gonna worry about being confident."

"I'm not eating anymore. I'm a bit too fat."

"A biscuit? ... Is it a really big biscuit?"

"That's flippin' awesome!"

"It's a computer chip with a speaker attached. Pretty much like a Walkman."
User avatar
hellomyfriend
Registered Rhymnecologist
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Northern California, USA

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby aom192 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:54 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:More Bret quotes:

"I can't be tickling all night. I'm not even ticklish. ... No, I'm faking it. Yeah, she's faking it as well, I think."

"Why are you moving out? Is it something I've done? ... Is it 'cause of the towel? ... 'Cause I used your towel and I got athlete's foot? ... It's not that? ... Is it my mold farm? ... Are you sick of my mold farm? ... Is it aspergillus fumigatus? ... You sure? ... Was it something from a while ago? ... When we were at school and you said you got a hickey from Judy Bailey, I told everyone it was the vacuum cleaner? ... Is that it? ... But you did. ... Yes, you did. ... Well, it was a perfectly round hickey. ... Well, it was exactly the same size as the vacuum cleaner tube. ... Oh! Is it because I drank all the orange juice? ... Is it because I drank all the apple juice? ... Was it something psychological? Because I put you down in front of other people? ... He wouldn't know, 'cause he's got no idea. ... Well, is it because I ask too many questions? ... Was it something subtle? ... Is it 'cause I eat too loudly? ... It is? I knew it!"

"Who took that photo?"

"What about a planet of diamonds and rubies?"

"Well, it's difficult to draw a wolf, so I used a picture of myself and then adjusted it."


how long did it take you to write that???? :shock:
Ah Gandolf...I like what you've done with your beard.

We'll never make it...there's thousands of them and only about 8 of us!
Oh no!
We made it.
Hurray!
User avatar
aom192
Half a shapely halibut
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:52 pm
Location: In space with Bowie

PreviousNext

Return to Bret McKenzie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests