It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Bret got married

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderator: Venus

Re: Bret got married

Postby WomanInThePark » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:59 pm

Emotions. Yep. Those are what I'm feeling.
How about Bowie McKenzie? For a boy or a girl
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?
WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby bibliaddict » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:20 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote:Image

NOBODY ASKED MY PERMISSION.

Thank you for summing up the general Bretero sentiment in your inimitable way, Turnip. :goodman:

That said, blessings and congratulations to the newlyweds and the impending Boombaby :baby: . Took you long enough, McKenzie! Hannah must be, on top of all other wonderful attributes, a patient lady. I hope they have time for a proper honeymoon, because bringing your bride on an eight-week US tour does NOT count!
Spandex Inspector #12
bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Aquamel » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:25 pm

Congrats on both counts to Bret and Hannah!!!

Wow.

Mel :D
So flippin' HOT!!!
Aquamel
Lost but happy at sea

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:23 pm

Aww - this takes me back to when I found out Jemaine was married all of...oh...2 months ago (I'm still relatively new on the scene).

Pretty achey in the heart region for a bit.

Congrats to Bret and Hannah are two fold: Marriage and baby on the way!

How exciting!

I hope it's a boy so that he and Sophocles can be best friends all throughout life growing up and end up starting a 2 man folk parody band "FOTC Deux" in 2035...
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Amanda » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:23 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:I hope it's a boy so that he and Sophocles can be best friends all throughout life growing up and end up starting a 2 man folk parody band "FOTC Deux" in 2035...

:rolls:

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH BRET AND HANNAH!! Wish you a lifetime of happyness! :yay:

.. guess now I don't have any doubt whatsoever that I'm 100% Jemaniac..I'm truly happy for little B and lucky H!

not that i'm not happy for Jemaine getting married to Miss lucky-lady-of-the-year and becoming a dad ..but you know..i did feel a little pinch in my stomach when i read the news.
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...
Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby onlyalways » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:57 am

YAY and BOOOOOO!!!!!

Who the eff is still single on this show?...

DIBBS ON ARJ!!! :nod: :love:

kellysouthpaw wrote:I hope it's a boy so that he and Sophocles can be best friends all throughout life growing up and end up starting a 2 man folk parody band "FOTC Deux" in 2035...

That would be amazing! I actually first thought that Bret should have a girl and then her and Sophocles would fall in love, of course, get married, have a child...

That would biologically be the union of Bret and Jemaine. They would embody our favorite twosome spiritually, mentally, physically... all in one package. And he/she would be the most charming, attractive, hilarious, humble, amazing, (did I say attractive?) attractive, person on the PLANET...

Woah, Mel moment.... I feel dizzy...
onlyalways
Keeping it funky

Postby mockingbird » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:37 am

FOTC Deux, ha ha! :)

onlyalways wrote:I actually first thought that Bret should have a girl and then her and Sophocles would fall in love, of course, get married, have a child...

That would biologically be the union of Bret and Jemaine. They would embody our favorite twosome spiritually, mentally, physically... all in one package. And he/she would be the most charming, attractive, hilarious, humble, amazing, (did I say attractive?) attractive, person on the PLANET...

WOW. Words fail me. The only down side I can see to this is that by the time Sophocles' and Brettina's love child comes of age, I will be... well, dead. But my grandchildren will probably be on some message board somewhere, posting lustful things about him/her. :lol:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:09 am

onlyalways wrote:That would biologically be the union of Bret and Jemaine. They would embody our favorite twosome spiritually, mentally, physically... all in one package. And he/she would be the most charming, attractive, hilarious, humble, amazing, (did I say attractive?) attractive, person on the PLANET...

:nod: This would be downright AMAZING. I'm pretty sure if this were to come to fruition - the moment this lovechild is born the world would immediately fall into peace with one another, all of the carbon emissions would dissipate, and everyone would hold hands across the world and sing together.
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Val2150 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:39 am

You guys! :roll2:

I love kids. :family: I wonder what name they'll choose....
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby mockingbird » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:48 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:I'm pretty sure if this were to come to fruition - the moment this lovechild is born the world would immediately fall into peace with one another, all of the carbon emissions would dissipate, and everyone would hold hands across the world and sing together.

Don't forget the angels doing it in the clouds. :halo:

Personally, I think this is all part of their plan to start a master race which would eventually take over the world.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:55 am

mockingbird wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:I'm pretty sure if this were to come to fruition - the moment this lovechild is born the world would immediately fall into peace with one another, all of the carbon emissions would dissipate, and everyone would hold hands across the world and sing together.

Don't forget the angels doing it in the clouds. :halo:

Personally, I think this is all part of their plan to start a master race which would eventually take over the world.

Pfft, they can take me over any day...I'm just sayin.
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby dandy lyons » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:56 am

Aww! So happy for them! Congrats to Bret & Hannah! :yay:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Sherry » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:24 am

You guys crack me up :lol: Brettina :rolleyes: :lol: Have to say I am so pleased for them both. They have been together so long, its lovely they finally got hitched and have a baby on the way.

BTW, I've deleted 2 posts in this thread just now. Those who wrote them will I am sure notice they are gone. Felt that they were going a bit over the line for the forum. Thanks. If in doubt, have a read of this bit of the guidelines

* Please respect Bret and Jemaine's privacy here. Getting overly 'personal' about them on these forums means you might find those posts removed by moderators. Sure have some fun, but watch the innuendo does not become too risky.

That's all I'm saying on it here :)

Now, moving on and back to topic :)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby dangerous person » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:23 pm

Wow! Congratulations to both of them, how very efficient! I'm so pleased that both Bret and Jemaine have happily settled down with their long term partners and started a family, they deserve much happiness. :clap:
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby trefusis » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Amanda wrote:.. guess now I don't have any doubt whatsoever that I'm 100% Jemaniac..I'm truly happy for little B and lucky H!

not that i'm not happy for Jemaine getting married to Miss lucky-lady-of-the-year and becoming a dad ..but you know..i did feel a little pinch in my stomach when i read the news.

With you right there, lady, except the other way around. Today I keep getting little pangs when I remember about it... you can probably relate. I guess this is my small font moment.

But am LOVING the idea of Bret as a daddy :family: (I like daddies - am married to one :wink: )

onlyalways wrote:That would be amazing! I actually first thought that Bret should have a girl and then her and Sophocles would fall in love, of course, get married, have a child...

:rolls: :nod: That one occurred to me in work this morning as well.
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...
trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

PreviousNext

Return to Bret McKenzie