Page 1 of 7

Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:53 am
by Corrine
Hi! I just imagine that whoever gets to pick out all of Bret's shirts on the FOTC show must have a really fun job. Part of what I love about this show is seeing all the little things in the background, like Bret's shirts or the New Zealand tourist posters, etc.

I think my favorite shirt is (and I hope I have this right) at the end of the Actor episode, I believe he's wearing a purple duck shirt that says "You quack me up"

Any other favorites?

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:07 am
by helgecko
Ha! Corrine, you come up with the best threads :D

ALL of Bret's shirts are amazing. I have a very soft spot for "Rap Dancin'", because it's so consistent, and such a great shirt. But the one that's really made me go :shock: :lol: is from season 2, his "Beer?" shirt, from the Epileptic Dogs episode. What the hell is that? it's so random!! :lol:
And you're right, I reckon someone's had a lot of fun finding them for him :D

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:20 am
by kellysouthpaw
helgecko I'm not sure if when you say "What is that?" that you are just surprised because it's such a random type shirt, or if you don't really know what it's getting at - so if you do, ignore this, but if not...

It's "Beer?" because it's a bear with deer antlers. Bear + Deer = "Beer?" - that's the "logic" of the shirt

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:27 am
by helgecko
yeah, I did get that :lol:
it was more an exclamation of bemused wonder that the shirt actually exists. Thanks though :lol:

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 am
by kellysouthpaw
No problem - I'm pretty slow on the uptake, and I take things pretty literally sometimes so...just wanted to err on the side of helpfulness I guess :lol:

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:28 pm
by prettyrobyngirl
The shirt he wore in the basketball scene while singing same girl (Brahbrah)... The one with the bear with deer antlers on it... and says "BEER?" Amazing.

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:44 pm
by Corrine
That is funny you guys. For whatever reason, I didn't notice that one earlier. Sometimes I wonder if they make up the shirts or if someone just goes out and finds them. I think the latter probably. It must be interesting.

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:06 pm
by vmh
A few months ago, I found a website that sold some of the same shirts Bret wore on the show and I forgot to bookmark it.

But today, I started searching again and I think I may have found it.

http://www.artopia.com/search.php?acat=1&n=pr&pcat=43

Also: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20235659_20235667_20245387_15,00.html

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:09 pm
by LauraK
I guess I don't pay close enough attention...I always say God help me if I witness a crime. I so suck at remembering details.

Did he ever wear this one? It's from the artopia site and it's beautiful:

Image

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:25 pm
by Ratashak
I think Bret looks fetching in the black t-shirt with zebras on it in the Sugalumps video. I'm also quite fond of the theatrical look of the ruffly white shirt with the blue velvet jacket in Sugalumps and originally in Prince of Parties.

I was stricken speechless when he went shirtless and was covered in honey and money. He looks delicious, even more delicious than the eggs :)

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:30 pm
by vmh
LauraK wrote:I guess I don't pay close enough attention...I always say God help me if I witness a crime. I so suck at remembering details.

Did he ever wear this one? It's from the artopia site and it's beautiful:

Image


I'll let a member with a better memory answer that. The only ones from the artopia site that I recognize are the prints with giraffes, zebras, and penguins.

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:05 am
by LSully9
Corrine wrote:That is funny you guys. For whatever reason, I didn't notice that one earlier. Sometimes I wonder if they make up the shirts or if someone just goes out and finds them. I think the latter probably. It must be interesting.


I know for a fact that the Beer shirt is an actual shirt. I used to get a catalog that sold funny tshirts and I remember seeing it in there.


I also agree with Ratashak about both the zebra and money & honey.

And I also want to put forth for consideration the pink shirt Bret wore for the first Radio City show. I know there's no animals involved, but he looks really great in pink. :thumb:

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:17 am
by LSully9
vmh wrote:Did he ever wear this one? It's from the artopia site and it's beautiful:

Image

[/quote]

I feel like I remember seeing it on a sweatshirt...

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:41 am
by ravenhpltc24
LSully9 wrote:
vmh wrote:Did he ever wear this one? It's from the artopia site and it's beautiful:

Image



I feel like I remember seeing it on a sweatshirt...[/quote]

Yup, that design is on Bret's grey sweatshirt that he wore to the "photoshoot" in Bowie. I'm sure it's seen somewhere else in the show too, but that's how I remember it. He looked so huggable in that scene... that might be my favorite Bret shirt, aside from the infamous red/black/grey striped one, of course. :hrm:

Re: Favorite Bret shirt

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:59 am
by armfish
LauraK wrote:I guess I don't pay close enough attention...I always say God help me if I witness a crime. I so suck at remembering details.

Did he ever wear this one? It's from the artopia site and it's beautiful:

Image


The comprehensive guide to Bret's animal shirts says he wore it in four different episodes.

Bret Gives Up the Dream:
Image

Sally Returns:
Image

Girlfriends:
Image

The Third Conchord:
Image

Season two hasn't been added yet.