It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:26 am

Bret likes milk

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Re: Bret likes milk

Postby jillbean » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:08 am

Oh, yet another reason I do love my daily visits to WTF!; more often than not I find that I'm not alone!

I like milk in cereal. With a cookie or a brownie. And most definitely in a mocha. But a glass of the stuff straight; oh, puke. And I have gradually gotten so used to 1% (let's just say it is one of the few things retained from my falls off of the Weight Watcher's wagon) that whole or even 2% feel like liquid glue in my mouth. My husband will drink a glass with dinner and drinks it out of the bowl once his cereal is gone; weirdo.

Vmh, I was wondering if you had some Asian in you; every time I see your pic you struck me as such. I am half Asian as well but no one ever thinks I am related to my mom and her side of the family; I guess that the trade-off for looking like the Italian side of the fam would be that I can tolerate lactose. :wink:

I find it kind of endearing that the guys are lightweights when it comes to beverages, but honestly speaking that's just my projecting because I'm a lightweight drinker too! :lol:
jillbean
Consistently Mediocre

Postby vmh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:49 am

jillbean wrote:Vmh, I was wondering if you had some Asian in you; every time I see your pic you struck me as such. I am half Asian as well but no one ever thinks I am related to my mom and her side of the family; I guess that the trade-off for looking like the Italian side of the fam would be that I can tolerate lactose. :wink:

I find it kind of endearing that the guys are lightweights when it comes to beverages, but honestly speaking that's just my projecting because I'm a lightweight drinker too! :lol:

I'm Vietnamese and Chinese on my mother's side. But because I was born and raised in the greater Los Angeles area, most people just assume I'm Mexican.

I agree with you about the guys too. Heavy drinkers aren't attractive to me and I'm not a fan of complicated cocktails anyway. Though if I'm out with pals, I'm partial to black velvets and gin & tonics.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Red » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:29 am

What's a black velvet? Sounds yummy! I'm a light weight drinker too. I do like my mojitos though! I just usually have a 2 drink max when I do go out.
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:36 am

My favourite drink is a lovely gin and tonic...I don't like men who are like hardcore liquor drinkers.
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby vmh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:04 am

Red wrote:What's a black velvet? Sounds yummy! I'm a light weight drinker too. I do like my mojitos though! I just usually have a 2 drink max when I do go out.

It's supposed to be half Guinness, half champagne. The only version I've tried are the ones served at The Yardhouse and their take on it is half Guinness, half Wyder's pear cider. Sooo yummy! But I'm sure I would like the original too. I like champagne. I like Guinness. I imagine that when combined together it could only mean good things.

If I ever go to Austin, you'll have to show me where to get good mojitos.

I don't understand why kids my age drink to get drunk. It grosses me out.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby trefusis » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:07 am

vmh wrote:I don't understand why kids my age drink to get drunk. It grosses me out.

You're so right. It's even worse when you get into your 30s and some friends are still at it :partyman: - and calling anyone who doesn't want to a lightweight :hrmpf: . I like to remember my evenings.

Round here is a big dairy farming area, so anyone who doesn't like milk (as opposed to being lactose intolerant) would be looked upon with slight suspicion. I remember going to church functions as a child, where there would always be great frothy jugs of whole unpasteurised milk. (I think they might not be allowed to do that now :hrm: .)

My sister likes to drink a mix of Kahlua and milk. Might that be a compromise?
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...
trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Gracie » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:36 am

I'm half asian as well! But most people don't believe me when I say it. Except this one time, when a random lady ran up to me in the shops and asked me, which was really weird. I have very pale skin though, and most people assume I've dyed my hair dark. People think my sister is Mexican! But she has a much darker complexion than me.

I've haven't drunk any milk this year. And I didn't even realise, until like two weeks ago that I stopped drinking milk, and I was talking about it to someone, and he said, "Why are you telling me this?" :doh: :silence:

:topic: Bret is adorable. :love:
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.
Gracie

Postby SheWolf » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:36 am

I'm not half Asian

I am not lactose intolerant

I grew up with skim milk. I once tried whole milk & felt like I was drinking cream. :sick: A friend of mine was raised on a farm where drinking milk right from the cow was the norm. He eyes me with suspicion.

As for over indulging in alcohol that is so 1990's. :lol: When I drink it's mostly beer and the amber kind. I can't do mixed drinks. Aside from Malibu babies I like frozen margaritas and daiquiris but that's about it. I'm even waning on the wine these days as most everything tastes too sweet to me.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:43 am

bibliaddict wrote:I'm happy to get a look at the youngest McKenzie brother. There's a stronger resemblance between Bret and Jonny (same nose) than Justin, I think. Bret still has the cutest ears...
Yes but what are your thoughts on milk? Milk, bibbles.

I didn't know there was a pic of Jonny....................oh my. No no no no no. I think Justin looks much more like Bret, eyes, nose. (I will pretend not to notice that Bret's dad and 2 bros have receding hairlines. :whistle: )
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:54 am

SheWolf wrote:
bibliaddict wrote:I'm happy to get a look at the youngest McKenzie brother. There's a stronger resemblance between Bret and Jonny (same nose) than Justin, I think. Bret still has the cutest ears...

:lol:

Justin pics?
closet jemainiac
---

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:06 am

SheWolf wrote:I grew up with skim milk. I once tried whole milk & felt like I was drinking cream. :sick: A friend of mine was raised on a farm where drinking milk right from the cow was the norm. He eyes me with suspicion.

I eye you with suspicion.

But that's for other reasons :twisted:

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby bibliaddict » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:53 am

SheWolf wrote:

I didn't know there was a pic of Jonny....................oh my. No no no no no. I think Justin looks much more like Bret, eyes, nose. (I will pretend not to notice that Bret's dad and 2 bros have receding hairlines. :whistle: )

Ooops, didn't realize talking about a member of FotC was off-topic in this case... :yawinkle: And on behalf of the menfolk of Clan McKenzie, thank you for your complete obliviousness to certain people's forehead acreage. :worry:

Ah, milk. I grew up on instant non-fat powder. Nothing grosser than having a gluey chunk of undissolved powder in your mouth. Now I'm down with the full-fat goodness of whole milk, cold or hot, and 1/2 & 1/2 for my tea or coffee. Skim milk is just nasty. :sick: Soy milk (the "plain" kind) is soooo sweet it's disgusting. :hrmpf: The only non-milk milk I find palatable is almond. And that, SW, concludes my milk rant.
Spandex Inspector #12
bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Red » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:12 am

Soy milk is not milk! :evil: Its disgusting bean water! Okay. Rant over.
Red

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:22 am

Red wrote:Its disgusting bean water!

:rolls: :roll2:

Haha, you made me literally lol!

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby trefusis » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:17 pm

Reminds me of an item on one of those "unanswerable questions" lists. It asks:

Who was the very first person who discovered that humans could drink milk from cattle? And what were they doing at the time?

:worry:
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...
trefusis

PreviousNext

Return to Bret McKenzie