It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Bret-spotting

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Postby beck » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:50 am

No worries guys! It was my pleasure. I will provide photos for any Bret/Jemaine/Conchords related things happening in Wellington. I'm like the token Wellingtonian!

I've been telling all my friends how awesome this morning was, but they just kind of...don't get it! One even said "An 8.30 concert isn't very rock and roll, is it?". I'm trying to get more friends into them, but they kind of lose me at Ukulele Orchestra. Oh only if I had friends who understood the utter awesomeness of it!
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin
beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Pineapple » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:58 am

I know! I'm sick of liking music my friends just don't get. Ah well. Time I got some new friends anyway :lol: That was a joke... Hope my mates don't read this... :shock:
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'
Pineapple

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:35 pm

Beck, at least you know that you have a bunch of people who would go with you if we were there. We understand the appeal of an 8:30 a.m. ukelele concert!

Good luck getting more converts!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby beck » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:50 am

indigo_jones wrote:Beck, at least you know that you have a bunch of people who would go with you if we were there.

Oh if only! I would take you all around Wellington and we would have such a kick ass time.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin
beck

Postby Andria » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:38 am

beck wrote:I've been telling all my friends how awesome this morning was, but they just kind of...don't get it! One even said "An 8.30 concert isn't very rock and roll, is it?". I'm trying to get more friends into them, but they kind of lose me at Ukulele Orchestra. Oh only if I had friends who understood the utter awesomeness of it!

Not love an 8.30 ukulele concert? With Bret? I just can't wrap my head around this concept... :rolleyes: That's too bad, but at least you can come here and gush about it to us! We are all ears...eyes I assure you.

Oh! So you would show us around town? I will so take you up on that offer in January. Hopefully. :D *crosses fingers* I can't wait to see Wellington!
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Pineapple » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:11 am

You'll love it... Wellington is the awesomest city! Especially with an expert like Beck showing you the sights!
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'
Pineapple

Postby beck » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:39 am

Andria wrote:
Oh! So you would show us around town? I will so take you up on that offer in January. Hopefully. :D *crosses fingers* I can't wait to see Wellington!

For sure (and seabed act 2004...sorry, lame New Zealand joke... :oops: ) my Bret-loving friend. And cause it'll be January...the middle of summer! Woop woop.
beck

Postby Pineapple » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:44 am

beck wrote:For sure (and seabed act 2004...sorry, lame New Zealand joke... :oops: )

NO! GOOD JOKE! That really made me laugh! :roll2:
Pineapple

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:58 pm

I wannnnnnnnna gooooooooooooo! Andria, you're going to have to get a video camera and just record your whole trip for me. Couldn't you get someone to make a documentary of your trip? :lol:

Beck, you know you have to explain the joke now ... As our token Wellingtonian, it's your duty! :wink:

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones

Postby beck » Mon May 01, 2006 1:43 am

Ok, I didn't really follow it much but there was this huge political thing where Maori wanted the rights to the forshore and seabed in New Zealand. I think that's what was happening anyway, and government passed an act called 'The Forshore and Seabed Act, 2004'.

Now whenever some of my friends say 'For Sure'...they add the 'and seabed act 2004' to it. It's a lame joke.
beck

Postby Johnnyp » Mon May 01, 2006 3:00 am

:lol:
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby indigo_jones » Mon May 01, 2006 2:17 pm

Heh. It's early enough in the morning, and I'm easily amused. I laughed out loud. Thanks for the explanation.

indigo_jones

Postby /me » Wed May 03, 2006 1:03 am

Woo, the mission was a success! How nice to come back from my trip to welcoming Bret pics and an awesome report. Thanks beck!
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!
/me

Postby Andria » Wed May 03, 2006 4:22 am

:lol: Thanks for explaining the joke, beck. I found it very funny. All though, I also am easily amused.

Jones, if you supply the camera, I'll video tape my trip! :D
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby indigo_jones » Thu May 04, 2006 3:04 pm

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please please please please please :pray: :prayer: go to the Wellington Public Library Friday at 1 p.m. And take pictures. Lots and lots of pictures! Bret AND Age Pryor are going to be there doing the ukulele thing! I need more pictures of Age. I'm hyperventilating at the thought of it all!

*breathes into a paper bag*

Nope. Not working.
:thud:

indigo_jones

PreviousNext

Return to Bret McKenzie