It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Muppets Most Wanted

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderator: Venus

Muppets Most Wanted

Postby Venus » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:51 am

A Muppets sequel is officially on the cards, and McKenzie has confirmed he is on board as musical director.

Source
:D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: The Muppets!

Postby LauraK » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:09 pm

:supz: :clap:

As it should be. But pressure? I'd bet yeah...a little bit...
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:43 pm

:yay: :clap: :yay: :clap:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby GroovyJavi » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Wow! Great news! I saw the first one with my father, who is a real fan of The Muppets, and we both loved both the movie and the songs, Im really glad that another movie is on the way!
GroovyJavi
New arrival

Postby Venus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:44 am

@OLD55STORE:
Our Kermit phone is just sold... to a gal who is putting it into Bret Mckenzie's writing room for "The Muppets 2." Yes!!!

Source

I think it may be this one from their collection:

:thumb:

Cross-posting from the Two Little Boys thread: Audio: Bret's last interview before heading to LA to write more songs for The Muppets :) Bret on Afternoons on Sunday, Radio NZ
&
Venus

Postby gibbsrus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Such a busy boy :D
gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Venus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 am

THE MUPPETS Sequel Update: Filming Begins in Late January at Pinewood Studios in London; Bret McKenzie Writing New Songs
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub Posted: November 4th, 2012 at 7:37 pm

One of my favorite films of last year was director James Bobin‘s The Muppets. Not only was the film a huge commercial hit grossing almost $160 million worldwide, The Muppets averaged an amazing 96% on Rotten Tomatoes and also won the Academy Award for Best Original Song (Bret McKenzie‘s “Man or Muppet”). While it might have been a while before Disney decided to release a further Muppets movie, the new film’s success led the studio to greenlight the sequel quickly and it currently has a December 20, 2013 release date. As we’ve previously reported:

The Muppet sequel is going to be a comedy caper set in Europe.
The first film’s screenwriters Nicholas Stoller and James Bobin have been writing the sequel, with Bobin returning to the director’s chair.
The sequel will introduce new Muppets.
Jason Segel told me he won’t be in the film even though Stoller mentioned he might cameo.
Christoph Waltz is set to play an Interpol agent.
With the release date almost a year away, I figured filming must be starting soon. I was right. The other night I attended a Lionsgate/Summit holiday party where I ran into Muppet producer Todd Lieberman (he produced The Muppets with David Hoberman) and he gave me an update on the sequel. Hit the jump for more.

While Lieberman was holding most of his cards close, he did confirm the follow-up takes place in Europe. He also told me:

While the first film was shot in and around Burbank, California, the sequel will be shooting at Pinewood Studio in London.
They’ll be filming from late January till sometime in April in and around London.
Bret McKenzie is writing new songs for the sequel.
Lieberman teased we “might” be getting a new Muppet. So the big question is how many new characters will appear in the sequel.
We can expect a lot more casting announcements very soon.
As a big fan of McKenzie and the music of the first film, I’m extremely happy he’s back on the sequel. I’m also excited to see what kind of trouble The Muppets get into in and around London.

With the holidays fast approaching, I’d imagine Disney is working on actor contracts right now and we’ll start to hear a lot more news soon. More as we hear it.

Source

:yay:
&
Venus

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:58 pm

Venus wrote:
THE MUPPETS Sequel Update: Filming Begins in Late January at Pinewood Studios in London; Bret McKenzie Writing New Songs
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub Posted: November 4th, 2012 at 7:37 pm

The Muppet sequel is going to be a comedy caper set in Europe. The first film’s screenwriters Nicholas Stoller and James Bobin have been writing the sequel, with Bobin returning to the director’s chair.

While Lieberman was holding most of his cards close, he did confirm the follow-up takes place in Europe. He also told me:

While the first film was shot in and around Burbank, California, the sequel will be shooting at Pinewood Studio in London.
They’ll be filming from late January till sometime in April in and around London.
Bret McKenzie is writing new songs for the sequel. :yay:

:wave: Hiya Venus. A possible run-in with Bret or James, oh this is sooo exciting for you and fellow Londoners. :yay:

Since Bret would be settled in London, could there be a Flight of the Conchords tour? I mean when he is finished with The Muppets. :pray:
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: The Muppets 2!

Postby Venus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Hey 4ever. :wave: It is very exciting to know that they'll be filming here. :D Can't wait for more information about the film in the months to come!

I really hope Bret & Jemaine manage to squeeze in a tour next year. :pray:

Bret's made history :D
But here’s the groovy part: Bret McKenzie will be coming back to write new songs for the film. It’s kind of unprecedented, as no other composer has ever been the primary songwriter for two Muppet movies in a row, but McKenzie is the guy who won the Muppets an Oscar, so he’s a solid choice.

Source

And this artwork is pretty cute :)
Source
&
Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:44 pm

New Muppets video 8)
&
Venus

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:38 am

ya know, Bret is sooo cute!! just thought I'd pipe in ...
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Venus » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:49 pm

&
Venus

Postby Venus » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Cross posting a pic of Bret in the studio working on songs for the sequel:

Tina Fey is currently in talks to star in the movie & the working title is "The Muppets...Again". :)
&
Venus

Re: The Muppets...Again!

Postby Venus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:02 pm

news - Wed 30 Jan 2013
Production begins on The Muppets... Again!

Filming has started on the eagerly awaited sequel to The Muppets and we can bring you two pictures to prove it!

James Bobin returns to the director's chair, with Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell and Tina Fey among the new additions to the cast - Kermit, Miss Piggy, et al, will of course be back.

SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE NEW IMAGES...

Here's Disney's press release to confirm the start of production:

The filmmaking team behind 2011's celebrated film The Muppets reunites as Disney's 'The Muppets... Again!' kicked off production last week in London. The all-new global Muppets adventure welcomes Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell and Tina Fey to the mayhem, along with Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Walter and rest of the Muppets. The film is directed by James Bobin ('Flight of the Conchords,' 'Da Ali G Show'), who was just nominated for a BAFTA for 'The Muppets' (Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer), and produced by the Academy Award®-nominated team of David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman ('The Fighter', 'The Proposal'). With a screenplay by Bobin and Nicholas Stoller ('The Five-Year Engagement'), who is also executive producer with John Scotti, 'The Muppets... Again!' will feature music from Academy Award®-winning songwriter Bret McKenzie ('Flight of the Conchords'), who won an Oscar® for best original song for 'The Muppets' ('Man or Muppet'). The new film will hit the big screen March 21, 2014.

"It's great to be back working with the Muppets," said Bobin, "some of them even remember my name occasionally now.

"As for the movie, it's a tip of the hat to the old-school crime capers of the '60s, but featuring a frog, a pig, a bear and a dog-no panthers, even pink ones-along with the usual Muppet-y mix of mayhem, music and laughs."

Disney's The Muppets... Again! takes the entire Muppets gang on a global tour, selling out grand theatres in some of Europe's most exciting destinations, including Berlin, Madrid and London. But mayhem follows the Muppets overseas, as they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper headed by Constantine - the World's Number One Criminal and a dead ringer for Kermit - and his dastardly sidekick Dominic, aka Number Two, portrayed by Ricky Gervais, creator of 'Derek' and the Golden Globe®- and Emmy®-winning series 'The Office' and 'Extras'. The film stars Golden Globe-, Emmy- and SAG Award®-winning actress and writer Tina Fey ('30 Rock', 'Mean Girls', 'Date Night') as Nadya, a feisty prison guard, and Emmy Award winner Ty Burrell (TV's 'Modern Family') as Interpol agent Jean Pierre Napoleon.

Said Kermit the Frog: "This movie takes us places we've never been before. And trust me - this frog has never seen so much international flavour. I think audiences will eat it up - the entertainment, that is."

Featuring a slew of surprising celebrity cameos, Disney's The Muppets... Again! will shoot on location in London and in Hollywood, as well as in the famed Pinewood Studios in Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire, just outside of London.

Source

There's James in the phone booth. :D
&
Venus

Re: The Muppets...Again!

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:04 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D