What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:04 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 36  Next
Author Message
/me
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:06 am 
Offline
Registered Rhymnecologist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:05 am
Posts: 339
Location: USA (ah hell, feel free to hold it against me)
I dunno. Most Kung Fu flicks I have seen were dubbed really terribly with strong British accents.

/Admits I never noticed the Americanization of their accents in Tongan. :oops:

_________________
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!


Top
 Profile  
 
Andria
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:34 am 
Offline
Bootylicious Flygirl
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:32 pm
Posts: 1506
Location: Purgatory (i.e. university)
/me wrote:
/Admits I never noticed the Americanization of their accents in Tongan. :oops:


Ummm.../me either. I'm so sad...:bang:

And, yep - I agree, FotC songs are quite catchy. Tongan Ninja, Phones 4U, and Frumpy Lady were on constant rotation in my head last week.
Frumpy, Frumpy, laaaahdy...

_________________
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC


Top
 Profile  
 
Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:55 am 
Offline
Cool Nipples!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:14 pm
Posts: 2291
Location: Face down in my cornflakes.
Deirdre wrote:
I always saw him in the tighty whities (in my mind during the song when he falls because his shoes are still on. OK?) :rolls:


I'm glad to know it wasn't from looking through his bedroom window. :wink:

_________________
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.


Top
 Profile  
 
Deirdre
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:27 am 
Offline
David Bowie's nipple antennae
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:49 pm
Posts: 1030
Just keepin' it real. :doomed:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:


Top
 Profile  
 
indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:59 am 
Offline
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 3989
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Not that I've watched that many Kung Fu movies anyway. :oops:

But the last film I saw a part of had really strong cheesy American accents for the dubbing. :shock:

_________________
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania


Top
 Profile  
 
Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:01 am 
Offline
Cool Nipples!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:14 pm
Posts: 2291
Location: Face down in my cornflakes.
indigo_jones wrote:
Not that I've watched that many Kung Fu movies anyway. :oops:

But the last film I saw a part of had really strong cheesy American accents for the dubbing. :shock:


Can you imagine Tongan Ninja, or any other Kung Fu movie really, done with a heavy midwest accent (ala "Fargo") :bounce: Or with a slow, austere southern drawl? Hee hee :bounce:

_________________
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.


Top
 Profile  
 
Andria
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:17 am 
Offline
Bootylicious Flygirl
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:32 pm
Posts: 1506
Location: Purgatory (i.e. university)
Gayle wrote:
Can you imagine Tongan Ninja, or any other Kung Fu movie really, done with a heavy midwest accent (ala "Fargo") :bounce: Or with a slow, austere southern drawl? Hee hee :bounce:


Slow, austere southern drawl! :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: Whahahaa!

_________________
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC


Top
 Profile  
 
Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:35 am 
Offline
Cool Nipples!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:14 pm
Posts: 2291
Location: Face down in my cornflakes.
Andria wrote:
Slow, austere southern drawl! :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: Whahahaa!


"Hwell! Fiddle-dee-dee! The name Maaahvin no laaawngah means aaaaanaythin' to me!"

_________________
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.


Top
 Profile  
 
SayWhat?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:49 am 
Offline
Half a shapely halibut
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:08 am
Posts: 151
Location: PA, USA
Gayle wrote:
Can you imagine Tongan Ninja, or any other Kung Fu movie really, done with a heavy midwest accent (ala "Fargo")Hee hee :bounce:


Miss Lee: "Ooooh gaush, geee ...er yoo that ninja fella?" :D

Tongan Ninja: "Yoo betcha!" :thumb:
.
.


Top
 Profile  
 
Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:57 am 
Offline
Cool Nipples!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:14 pm
Posts: 2291
Location: Face down in my cornflakes.
SayWhat? wrote:
Gayle wrote:
Can you imagine Tongan Ninja, or any other Kung Fu movie really, done with a heavy midwest accent (ala "Fargo")Hee hee :bounce:


Miss Lee: "Ooooh gaush, geee ...er yoo that ninja fella?" :D

Tongan Ninja: "Yoo betcha!" :thumb:
.
.


Tongan Ninja: Yah! Oh, yaah. Shooerr I yam. Yoo betcha! Yah.

Miss Lee: Yer a big fella! I wish I had a paira yer pants fulla nickles!

_________________
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.


Top
 Profile  
 
avaritsos
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:49 pm 
Offline
Half a shapely halibut
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:45 am
Posts: 104
who among us would love to see a remake of the 'magnificent seven' with the guys and their friends? jemaine, bret, taika, dave, raybon, jason, and jonno the editor, all on horseback doing a western taken from a samurai movie?

since everyone seems so taken with them, lauren and narelle can be the women they save from the bad guys (or the indians if they want more of their famous racial subtext)

i think it would be hysterical.

i know, first a vampire movie.


Top
 Profile  
 
avaritsos
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:48 pm 
Offline
Half a shapely halibut
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:45 am
Posts: 104
avaritsos wrote:
who among us would love to see a remake of the 'magnificent seven' with the guys and their friends? jemaine, bret, taika, dave, raybon, jason, and jonno the editor, all on horseback doing a western taken from a samurai movie?

since everyone seems so taken with them, lauren and narelle can be the women they save from the bad guys (or the indians if they want more of their famous racial subtext)

i think it would be hysterical.

i know, first a vampire movie.


big plus: they have already had horseback riding training for TN. j said he had mastered 'the horse's butt' any everything. lol

this could be the funniest western since 'blazing saddles'.


Top
 Profile  
 
Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:18 pm 
Offline
Cool Nipples!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:14 pm
Posts: 2291
Location: Face down in my cornflakes.
avaritsos wrote:
avaritsos wrote:
who among us would love to see a remake of the 'magnificent seven' with the guys and their friends? jemaine, bret, taika, dave, raybon, jason, and jonno the editor, all on horseback doing a western taken from a samurai movie?

since everyone seems so taken with them, lauren and narelle can be the women they save from the bad guys (or the indians if they want more of their famous racial subtext)

i think it would be hysterical.

i know, first a vampire movie.


big plus: they have already had horseback riding training for TN. j said he had mastered 'the horse's butt' any everything. lol

this could be the funniest western since 'blazing saddles'.


It's an interesting concept. A western - though it must be set in New Zealand and star the usual suspects. Ooh, they could wear chaps... hmmm.

_________________
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.


Top
 Profile  
 
avaritsos
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:30 pm 
Offline
Half a shapely halibut
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:45 am
Posts: 104
Gayle wrote:
Ooh, they could wear chaps... hmmm.


are you sure you're not a gay man? lol


Top
 Profile  
 
Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:32 pm 
Offline
Cool Nipples!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:14 pm
Posts: 2291
Location: Face down in my cornflakes.
avaritsos wrote:
Gayle wrote:
Ooh, they could wear chaps... hmmm.


are you sure you're not a gay man? lol


:rolls: Perhaps at heart. "There are many colors of the homo-rainbow!"

_________________
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 36  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group