It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:24 am

Tongan Ninja

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Postby avaritsos » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:11 pm

Gayle wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:I really do love the songs in the movie. I find myself singing the theme song on an almost daily basis -- to the point where it really is a good thing I like the song, or it might drive me insane! Even funnier is that the boyfriend often bursts out singing it, too, and he's only seen the movie once! It's that addictive a song! :!: :!: :!:

First: Boxer-briefs, most definately, are the preferred undergarment.

Secondly: I find that a lot of Bret and Jemaine's music has a knack of sticking in your head. I find myself singing The Bus Driver's Song all the time, in addition to Tongan Ninja. They are really well crafted songs that grab your attention and are so clever.

What is it with ladies and boxers? lol

ditto the Bret and jemaine music. very, very catchy and musical.
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Deirdre » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:12 pm

I always saw him in the tighty whities (in my mind during the song when he falls because his shoes are still on. OK?) :rolls:
Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:14 pm

Boxers, briefs, bikinis, whatever ... as long as they're clean!

I certainly agree that their music in general is catchy and sticks with you. I generally wake up singing either Bus Driver Song or Bret, You've Got It Going On. Tongan Ninja seems to be my grocery store song. :?
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby avaritsos » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:17 pm

in one version of BT he mentions having on boxers with 'horny little devils' on them. only heard him do that version once, tho. oops ixnay on the eculation-spay.
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Gayle » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:19 pm

avaritsos wrote:in one version of BT he mentions having on boxers with 'horny little devils' on them. only heard him do that version once, tho. oops ixnay on the eculation-spay.

Hee hee... you said "horny little devils"... hee hee.

OK, I admit it. I'm twelve.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby avaritsos » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:19 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Boxers, briefs, bikinis, whatever ... as long as they're clean!

I certainly agree that their music in general is catchy and sticks with you. I generally wake up singing either Bus Driver Song or Bret, You've Got It Going On. Tongan Ninja seems to be my grocery store song. :?

they play TN at your grocery store? wow. i love BYGIGO, very cute.
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Sherry » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:21 pm

avaritsos wrote:

Secondly: I find that a lot of Bret and Jemaine's music has a knack of sticking in your head. I find myself singing The Bus Driver's Song all the time, in addition to Tongan Ninja. They are really well crafted songs that grab your attention and are so clever.

[/quote]

I had the Phones 4U ad song in my head for weeks. It was on heavy ad rotation on TV here in the UK a couple of years ago. It became a cult ad for students around the nation :lol: Alas, it became the cult song in my head :roll:

And to answer your Q about ladies and boxers....

I always think its because men don't have hips to speak of, and anything tight on them is not as pleasing to the eye, whereas boxers have the whole 'less is more' thing going on. But thats just me :lol:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Gayle » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:21 pm

avaritsos wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:Boxers, briefs, bikinis, whatever ... as long as they're clean!

they play TN at your grocery store? wow. i love BYGIGO, very cute.

My favorite line from BYGIGO is "Don't wanna see my little buddy wearing a frown." Also, "If one of us was a lady, and I was your man." Perfect.

From the TN theme my favorite line is "Because he was a Tongan and he was a Ninja, he adopted the name "The Tongan Ninja". Amazing grasp of the obvious there.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby avaritsos » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:23 pm

Sherry wrote:
avaritsos wrote:

I had the Phones 4U ad song in my head for weeks. It was on heavy ad rotation on TV here in the UK a couple of years ago. It became a cult ad for students around the nation :lol: Alas, it became the cult song in my head :roll:

And to answer your Q about ladies and boxers....

I always think its because men don't have hips to speak of, and anything tight on them is not as pleasing to the eye, whereas boxers have the whole 'less is more' thing going on. But thats just me :lol:[/quote]

that is good! i've never met even one woman who could actually articulate the why of boxers before. impressive.
Last edited by avaritsos on Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Gayle » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:24 pm

Sherry wrote:I always think its because men don't have hips to speak of, and anything tight on them is not as pleasing to the eye, whereas boxers have the whole 'less is more' thing going on. But thats just me :lol:

Yup, yup. What she said. :nod:
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:48 pm

You know, it just occured to me that most of the characters have American (or Americanish) accents, but the film is set in New Zealand.

Hmmmmm....
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby avaritsos » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:36 pm

Gayle wrote:You know, it just occured to me that most of the characters have American (or Americanish) accents, but the film is set in New Zealand.

Hmmmmm....

maybe because they feel most 'mericans are too arrogant or untraveled to appreciate a movie with 'ferners' in it? and their accents are a nod to that.

they want to sell videos here post theater release.
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:06 pm

I figured it had more to do with the fact that a lot of foreign/ninja-type films dubbed into English often had heavy American accents. I think they could have been playing off that idea. I saw one on tv a few months ago that wasn't supposed to be funny, but the way it had been dubbed was so bad and so cheesy that I burst out laughing. Sadly, it was a fairly recent film.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby avaritsos » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:11 pm

indigo_jones wrote:I figured it had more to do with the fact that a lot of foreign/ninja-type films dubbed into English often had heavy American accents. I think they could have been playing off that idea. I saw one on tv a few months ago that wasn't supposed to be funny, but the way it had been dubbed was so bad and so cheesy that I burst out laughing. Sadly, it was a fairly recent film.

that's probably more like it.
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Gayle » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:59 am

indigo_jones wrote:I figured it had more to do with the fact that a lot of foreign/ninja-type films dubbed into English often had heavy American accents. I think they could have been playing off that idea. I saw one on tv a few months ago that wasn't supposed to be funny, but the way it had been dubbed was so bad and so cheesy that I burst out laughing. Sadly, it was a fairly recent film.

Of course :doh: , that makes perfect sense.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement