It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:19 pm

Gentlemen Broncos - A film

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: Nancy

Postby meg1448 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:22 am

saffymatt wrote::geek: Seriously ladies...are we really going to be listening at all to what the man is going to be saying in this movie? I think that Jemaine on the big screen is just going to send me into shock...where none of my senses will be working correctly.:shock:

Haha, I know! And having Sam Rockwell beside him might just make my ovaries explode.
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/
meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby FanBase » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:52 am

meg1448 wrote:
saffymatt wrote::geek: Seriously ladies...are we really going to be listening at all to what the man is going to be saying in this movie? I think that Jemaine on the big screen is just going to send me into shock...where none of my senses will be working correctly.:shock:

Haha, I know! And having Sam Rockwell beside him might just make my ovaries explode.

:shock: That wouldn't be good. You'll need your ovaries for the next time he's in your area. *lol*

Saffy, you are right my dear friend. No accent will matter by the time the opening credits roll. :popcorn: I am so happy for him (and for me too). Another movie to anticipate!
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."
FanBase
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby The_Kiwi_Fruit » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:38 am

indigo_jones wrote:
It's somehow strange to think of Jemaine being in a non-NZ-related film. He really is an "actor" now. 8)

I think many kiwi actors might find that offensive. Luckily i'm not a kiwi actor.

I hope that he keeps his accent. It makes me feel special when i hear new zealanders, especially ones with such similar accents to my own talking in films, or on TV. WE don't get it often.
The_Kiwi_Fruit
Keeping it funky

Postby meg1448 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:04 am

FanBase wrote:
meg1448 wrote:

:shock: That wouldn't be good. You'll need your ovaries for the next time he's in your area. *lol*

Is it weird that this made me secretly happy? :oops: :lol:

I hope he keeps his accent, too. It's incredibly sexy.
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/
meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:07 pm

The_Kiwi_Fruit wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:
It's somehow strange to think of Jemaine being in a non-NZ-related film. He really is an "actor" now. 8)

I think many kiwi actors might find that offensive. Luckily i'm not a kiwi actor.

I was worried about how that was coming across when I was typing it, because I didn't want it to sound that way. I think I was referring more to the fact that he's going to be in a film that wasn't made by a friend or by himself. He was heavily involved in the making on Tongan Ninja and he's worked with Taika professionally before, so it wasn't a huge stretch before to be involved in those films (not that he didn't deserve to be in those films).

What I was trying to say -- and still having a hard time with saying -- is that this time he's not an obvious choice because he's been friends for years with the director who already knows his work well and knows he's talented, as was the case with Taika. This is some relative stranger choosing him after seeing his work, which is how most (?) actors get hired. Not that one is more valid than the other. I think that a smaller film with actors/directors/etc. who know each other well has an ability to get a really strong performance from everyone, because they're comfortable with each other already.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby The_Kiwi_Fruit » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:53 pm

hey not to worry. i was just sorta teasing. i knew what you meant. but i was still like, :o "hey!!!" in like a new zealanders like to be taken seriously sorta way.
The_Kiwi_Fruit
Keeping it funky

Postby FanBase » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:22 am

indigo_jones wrote:
What I was trying to say -- and still having a hard time with saying -- is that this time he's not an obvious choice because he's been friends for years with the director who already knows his work well and knows he's talented, as was the case with Taika. This is some relative stranger choosing him after seeing his work, which is how most (?) actors get hired. Not that one is more valid than the other. I think that a smaller film with actors/directors/etc. who know each other well has an ability to get a really strong performance from everyone, because they're comfortable with each other already.

That's why I'm so excited for him too. Thanks for saying what I was thinking. :)
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."
FanBase
Registered Rhymnecologist

Gentleman Broncos

Postby tvldiva » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:34 am

I don't believe anyone has posted this, but I'm sure Sherry will let me know!! :wink:

In IMDB, they show this production as "filming". Maybe this explains his longer hair these days. So much better than the last movie!! :bounce:

There isn't much info on the IMBD page so if anyone has the lowdown on this, please share. If anyone runs into Jemaine(hint hint),please ask when we will be able to admire his work. :wink:
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:12 am

From what Bret said in that phone interview that poptartgirl posted, Jemaine was filming it in March in Utah, I think. In one day he had to fly to Canada to get the proper visa, then come back into the US and film!
I'm not sure if he's finished, but he's pretty busy at least until Oct with HBO, so for his sake I hope he's done. :zzz:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:14 am

He could be keeping the hair longer in case there's a need to go back and refilm anything. I know he said he had to keep the EvS mullet past the original filming date, just in case he had to go back and redo anything.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby tvldiva » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:08 pm

Thanks for the update guys. IMDB isn't always current with things like that. :wave:

I'm still curious on when it's scheduled to come out. I don't recal seeing a studio with this. If they don't have a deal now, there's not telling on when it will be out!
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby HBThingy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:08 am

I found this on conchords.net.

There are some pics of him dressed as the novelist. It seems he finished filming.

http://www.conchords.net/2008/03/21/bec ... en-broncos
HBThingy
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:31 am

HBThingy wrote:I found this on conchords.net.

There are some pics of him dressed as the novelist. It seems he finished filming.

http://www.conchords.net/2008/03/21/bec ... en-broncos

Thanks so much for posting the link. Those are great pics - Jemaine really looks like a writer/professor.

And the article was interesting. Becca picked up on his shyness, and it was nice to hear he was accomodating to the extras.
I wonder what accent he's using. She said it was funny to hear him not using his regular NZ accent. With his role named Chevalier, could it be French? Hmmm.:hrm:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby claire » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:18 pm

aw it is always nice to read about what a sweetie he is, yep i wonder what accent he is speaking in? (but yep i'd think french too from his name) and i was wondering what his look would be for the part so thanks for posting the pics! i didn't even know what his part would be until i just read somewhere he's the guy who steals the other writer's idea--i can't wait to see him in this! :)
claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:00 am

Jemaine the "Bad Guy"!!??? :twisted:

Can't wait. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta