What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1013 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next
meg1448
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:22 am 
Half a shapely halibut

saffymatt wrote:
:geek: Seriously ladies...are we really going to be listening at all to what the man is going to be saying in this movie? I think that Jemaine on the big screen is just going to send me into shock...where none of my senses will be working correctly.:shock:

Haha, I know! And having Sam Rockwell beside him might just make my ovaries explode.

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/

FanBase
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:52 am 
Registered Rhymnecologist

meg1448 wrote:
saffymatt wrote:
:geek: Seriously ladies...are we really going to be listening at all to what the man is going to be saying in this movie? I think that Jemaine on the big screen is just going to send me into shock...where none of my senses will be working correctly.:shock:

Haha, I know! And having Sam Rockwell beside him might just make my ovaries explode.

:shock: That wouldn't be good. You'll need your ovaries for the next time he's in your area. *lol*

Saffy, you are right my dear friend. No accent will matter by the time the opening credits roll. :popcorn: I am so happy for him (and for me too). Another movie to anticipate!

The_Kiwi_Fruit
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:38 am 
Keeping it funky

indigo_jones wrote:

It's somehow strange to think of Jemaine being in a non-NZ-related film. He really is an "actor" now. 8)

I think many kiwi actors might find that offensive. Luckily i'm not a kiwi actor.

I hope that he keeps his accent. It makes me feel special when i hear new zealanders, especially ones with such similar accents to my own talking in films, or on TV. WE don't get it often.

meg1448
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:04 am 
Half a shapely halibut

FanBase wrote:
meg1448 wrote:
saffymatt wrote:

:shock: That wouldn't be good. You'll need your ovaries for the next time he's in your area. *lol*

Is it weird that this made me secretly happy? :oops: :lol:

I hope he keeps his accent, too. It's incredibly sexy.

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:07 pm 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

The_Kiwi_Fruit wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:

It's somehow strange to think of Jemaine being in a non-NZ-related film. He really is an "actor" now. 8)

I think many kiwi actors might find that offensive. Luckily i'm not a kiwi actor.

I was worried about how that was coming across when I was typing it, because I didn't want it to sound that way. I think I was referring more to the fact that he's going to be in a film that wasn't made by a friend or by himself. He was heavily involved in the making on Tongan Ninja and he's worked with Taika professionally before, so it wasn't a huge stretch before to be involved in those films (not that he didn't deserve to be in those films).

What I was trying to say -- and still having a hard time with saying -- is that this time he's not an obvious choice because he's been friends for years with the director who already knows his work well and knows he's talented, as was the case with Taika. This is some relative stranger choosing him after seeing his work, which is how most (?) actors get hired. Not that one is more valid than the other. I think that a smaller film with actors/directors/etc. who know each other well has an ability to get a really strong performance from everyone, because they're comfortable with each other already.

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

The_Kiwi_Fruit
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:53 pm 
Keeping it funky

hey not to worry. i was just sorta teasing. i knew what you meant. but i was still like, :o "hey!!!" in like a new zealanders like to be taken seriously sorta way.

FanBase
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:22 am 
Registered Rhymnecologist

indigo_jones wrote:

What I was trying to say -- and still having a hard time with saying -- is that this time he's not an obvious choice because he's been friends for years with the director who already knows his work well and knows he's talented, as was the case with Taika. This is some relative stranger choosing him after seeing his work, which is how most (?) actors get hired. Not that one is more valid than the other. I think that a smaller film with actors/directors/etc. who know each other well has an ability to get a really strong performance from everyone, because they're comfortable with each other already.

That's why I'm so excited for him too. Thanks for saying what I was thinking. :)

tvldiva
 Post subject: Gentleman Broncos
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:34 pm 
Feeling much better now...

I don't believe anyone has posted this, but I'm sure Sherry will let me know!! :wink:

In IMDB, they show this production as "filming". Maybe this explains his longer hair these days. So much better than the last movie!! :bounce:

There isn't much info on the IMBD page so if anyone has the lowdown on this, please share. If anyone runs into Jemaine(hint hint),please ask when we will be able to admire his work. :wink:

Nancy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:12 am 
Persona Non Regatta

From what Bret said in that phone interview that poptartgirl posted, Jemaine was filming it in March in Utah, I think. In one day he had to fly to Canada to get the proper visa, then come back into the US and film!
I'm not sure if he's finished, but he's pretty busy at least until Oct with HBO, so for his sake I hope he's done. :zzz:

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:14 am 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

He could be keeping the hair longer in case there's a need to go back and refilm anything. I know he said he had to keep the EvS mullet past the original filming date, just in case he had to go back and redo anything.

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

tvldiva
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:08 pm 
Feeling much better now...

Thanks for the update guys. IMDB isn't always current with things like that. :wave:

I'm still curious on when it's scheduled to come out. I don't recal seeing a studio with this. If they don't have a deal now, there's not telling on when it will be out!

HBThingy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:08 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

I found this on conchords.net.

There are some pics of him dressed as the novelist. It seems he finished filming.

http://www.conchords.net/2008/03/21/bec ... en-broncos

Nancy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:31 am 
Persona Non Regatta

HBThingy wrote:
I found this on conchords.net.

There are some pics of him dressed as the novelist. It seems he finished filming.

http://www.conchords.net/2008/03/21/bec ... en-broncos

Thanks so much for posting the link. Those are great pics - Jemaine really looks like a writer/professor.

And the article was interesting. Becca picked up on his shyness, and it was nice to hear he was accomodating to the extras.
I wonder what accent he's using. She said it was funny to hear him not using his regular NZ accent. With his role named Chevalier, could it be French? Hmmm.:hrm:

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

claire
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:18 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

aw it is always nice to read about what a sweetie he is, yep i wonder what accent he is speaking in? (but yep i'd think french too from his name) and i was wondering what his look would be for the part so thanks for posting the pics! i didn't even know what his part would be until i just read somewhere he's the guy who steals the other writer's idea--i can't wait to see him in this! :)

Nancy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:00 am 
Persona Non Regatta

Jemaine the "Bad Guy"!!??? :twisted:

Can't wait. :D

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1013 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next