It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:10 am

A tribute to Jemaine's lips

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Re: A tribute to Jemaine's lips

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:12 pm

tvldiva wrote:
SheWolf wrote:OT convos are fine with me.

Talking about a bulge is not slash.

Off topic conversations are ok, just as long as you don't meander too far off track. Unfortunately, there has been lot's of meandering on most topics. :eh:

Talking about a man's package may not technically be slash, but it's a slow roll down hill.

What is considered too far off topic is in the eye of the beholder. The moderators will make that call.

As for the slow roll down hill, that too is in the eye of the beholder. You could say the same for talking about his lips.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby claire » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:36 pm

i think conversations are naturally going to go off in different directions sometimes, i don't see why it's a big deal, it's more fun to be able to feel relaxed here than to have to worry that every comment you make has to be directly related to the thread title, it's not realistic to expect that--tho it is nice to have the new general jemaine chat thread for random subjects, it doesn't change the fact that conversations within these other threads may stray at times...
that's frozen cool...
claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby tvldiva » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:56 pm

SheWolf wrote:
tvldiva wrote:
SheWolf wrote:OT convos are fine with me.

Talking about a bulge is not slash.

Off topic conversations are ok, just as long as you don't meander too far off track. Unfortunately, there has been lot's of meandering on most topics. :eh:

Talking about a man's package may not technically be slash, but it's a slow roll down hill.

What is considered too far off topic is in the eye of the beholder. The moderators will make that call.

As for the slow roll down hill, that too is in the eye of the beholder. You could say the same for talking about his lips.

I do believe Indigo Jones(moderator) did make that call. Check the response right before your post.
Why don't you accept me as your God!?
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:14 pm

I was aware of her comment before I posted. It seems you didn't get my point. Or maybe you did....
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby tvldiva » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:35 pm

SheWolf wrote:I was aware of her comment before I posted. It seems you didn't get my point. Or maybe you did....

I did-- did you???
Why don't you accept me as your God!?
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby claire » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:59 pm

mmmm lips...

that's frozen cool...
claire

Postby Sherry » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:40 pm

claire wrote:i think conversations are naturally going to go off in different directions sometimes, i don't see why it's a big deal, it's more fun to be able to feel relaxed here than to have to worry that every comment you make has to be directly related to the thread title, it's not realistic to expect that--tho it is nice to have the new general jemaine chat thread for random subjects, it doesn't change the fact that conversations within these other threads may stray at times...

Hmmmm :hrm:

Righto, lets see if I can help clear things up so we can put this convo to bed once and for all for everyone :) Its popping up in too many places on the forum now and I'd rather people not worry about what they are posting or snipe at each other in public.

Convos do veer off, its a natural thing, but they can come back on track also :) I've never been strict on how threads evolve and like to take a relaxed approach to moderating the forum. The guidelines are there if anyone wishes to read them :)

I tend to look at it from the POV that if the off topic convo then becomes between only a few people and takes up more than a page in the thread its become fairly OT and chatty and either needing to move to PM or else try to get back on topic. Or go post in the general chit chat thread and ramble away. Its not a hard and fast rule and the mods and myself will let you know if the OT convo has gone on a little too long and encourage you to take it to PM or the ramble/general chit chat thread if others want to continue with it.

We like to think this forum is a relaxed place and that for the most part people will respect and try to follow the guidelines/rules and that the mods and myself don't have to really moderate it much. Stepping in is not something I enjoy having to do.

Consider the rule of thumb as I've explained above and if you see yourself posting off topic in a thread like that, consider moving to PM with those involved or to the general chat thread and letting the convo get back toward its intended topic. Is that so bad?

Anyone with any questions or concerns please contact a mod or myself. I'd really like to not see this topic of conversation in threads across the board here. If it continues I am going to start deleting any posts on it as its really not helping things and people end up frustrated and annoyed.

Now, hopefully that has cleared things up :)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby dangerous person » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:03 pm

Thanks Sherry, this all sounds more than reasonable to me.

And may I say Jemaine's lips do absolutely nothing for me (no offence Jemaine :yawinkle: ) but he is one talented hilarious guy though!
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"
dangerous person

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:46 am

Well said Sherry, thank you.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby claire » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:18 am

kay thanks sherry, i kind of do feel that when we veer off we do come back on track, but maybe the new general threads indy has created will help so we can do the chit chat in there and just use these threads to comment on what's being posted?

and since this thread is on one of my fave topics... :D

(from SW's screencaps!)
that's frozen cool...
claire

Postby claire » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:50 am

stolen from SW's screencaps: :D

that's frozen cool...
claire

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:29 am

Thank you, Sherry. Well said. :thanks:

And nice pics, guys! :clap:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby meg1448 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:39 am

claire wrote:stolen from SW's screencaps: :D

:shock: WELL HALLO THAR, WET, SEXY MEN! :shock:
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/
meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby H.... » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Thanks Sherry!

Mmmmn.. lips!
Throw us your potatoes!
H....

Postby Deirdre » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:04 am

OK... Back to his lips.

Though it is a long held belief, I am actually not the one who started the lips adoration. That was our dear Kate. I was, however, the one to make a silly fool of herself about them on NZ television.

But thanks all the same for the dedication, Tvdiva. It's nice to be remembered. Um, well, sometimes.... :hrm: :worry:
Deirdre

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement