What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 102  Next
indigo_jones
 Post subject: R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:29 am 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

The boards can get a bit unwieldy when there are lots of threads devoted to very specific topics and then by page three, you're not sure what the topic was anyway. If you've got something generally related to Jemaine, but not broad enough to merit it's own thread, stick it here.

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

claire
 Post subject: Re: R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:20 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

excellent, thanks indy!

so... is he really ticklish? :D

SheWolf
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:27 pm 
Boom King!

Jemaine likes carrot cake - discuss!

dangerous person
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:31 pm 

SheWolf wrote:

hmmmm, I have never seen any evidence of that fact.
But we do know though that Bret has been photographed holding what appears to be a piece of carrot cake (see Nancy for recipe).
Was he bringing it to Jemaine? Did Jemaine not like it and give to Bret? Was it Bret's?

claire
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:02 pm 

SheWolf wrote:

Image Image Image

SheWolf
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:37 pm 
Boom King!

Word has it that Jemaine got very ill while filming season 1. While I never noticed that he sounded sick I did notice a few things that may have pointed to illness.
1- It seemed like he had a problem with his throat in the beginning of the jail scene in Mugged. He did a painful swallowing face.

2. Looked like he was trying to stifle a sneeze in the scene when he and Murray meet Bret while he's working holding signs. (I am aware that a sneeze doesn't necessarily equal being sick so it may be a stretch).

3. This one is tricky to catch: In Bret Gives Up the Dream when they first show Murray, Greg and Jemaine at the convention center -Jemaine is way off to the right side of the screen - so much so that I could only see him well by making the screen size smaller - he points to his throat, makes a painful face and motions for someone to give him something.

dangerous person
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:02 am 

SheWolf wrote:
Word has it that Jemaine got very ill while filming season 1. While I never noticed that he sounded sick I did notice a few things that may have pointed to illness.
1- It seemed like he had a problem with his throat in the beginning of the jail scene in Mugged. He did a painful swallowing face.

2. Looked like he was trying to stifle a sneeze in the scene when he and Murray meet Bret while he's working holding signs. (I am aware that a sneeze doesn't necessarily equal being sick so it may be a stretch).

3. This one is tricky to catch: In Bret Gives Up the Dream when they first show Murray, Greg and Jemaine at the convention center -Jemaine is way off to the right side of the screen - so much so that I could only see him well by making the screen size smaller - he points to his throat, makes a painful face and motions for someone to give him something.

I don't know about Jemaine being ill, or about points 2 and 3, but point 1 is when John tells him that he might have killed him and Jemaine's painful swallowing is because of that (you know, being scared and all that).
I think, anyway :D

indigo_jones
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:16 am 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

That's how I understood it as well, dangerous person. That was a Scooby Doo sort of gulp! :lol:

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

claire
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:29 am 

i rewatched the jail scene and he does seem like he swallows before talking a few times so maybe he was sick in that scene, i did read somewhere that he did get sick during filming because it was so cold and something like there was no time to be sick because they had to keep with the shooting schedule, if he was he hid it well and was quite a trooper!

SheWolf
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:06 pm 
Boom King!

claire wrote:
i rewatched the jail scene and he does seem like he swallows before talking a few times so maybe he was sick in that scene, i did read somewhere that he did get sick during filming because it was so cold and something like there was no time to be sick because they had to keep with the shooting schedule, if he was he hid it well and was quite a trooper!

Scooby Doo gulp - LOL - well that's certainly a possibility.

I seem to recall that he did that gulping thing a few times in the show (though I can't point to any other specific examples to back it up) which lead me to think that his throat was messed up.

I read a couple of articles where they mentioned that Jemaine got very ill, supposedly from being outside in the sub zero temps filiming, and that he had to go to hospital but HBO didn't allow much time off for illness.

JulesJules
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:12 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

indigo_jones wrote:
The boards can get a bit unwieldy when there are lots of threads devoted to very specific topics and then by page three, you're not sure what the topic was anyway. If you've got something generally related to Jemaine, but not broad enough to merit it's own thread, stick it here.

Jemaine is hot. That is all.

SheWolf
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:29 pm 
Boom King!

But what makes him hot? What makes anyone hot? It's sort of an intangible quality isn't it? People who try to be hot are rarely hot because trying negates hottness. Granted Bret is the "classically" handsome one and yet in every instance when I've introduced this show to a female friend they responded that they found Bret cute but Jemaine was the one that brought out their lust. He's got the lure of the animal, that's for sure.

JulesJules
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:49 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

I agree that Bret is the more handsome of the two, but Jemaine has that certain something that makes women want to ...... well we'll just let everybody's imaginations run wild here and keep the text reasonably clean.

For me, Jemaine is handsome, I love the way he moves, his subtle facial expressions, such as when he recoils in mock horror when Bret asks him if he wants to speak to his mom on the phone, his voice .... it's just a combination of the tangible and the intangible and defies any concrete explanation.

I also agree that people who are trying to be hot may be handsome, but hotness or sexiness goes waaay beyond physical appearance, at least it does in my book. The t.v. character Jemaine wants to be hot, and seems to think he may be hot, but he's a bit naive and sometimes rude, so he isn't hot to women he encounters. The actual person Jemaine is probably beginning to realize that women think he's hot, but I doubt he has a clue why.

Is there a limit to the number of times the word 'hot' can be used in one post? I don't even use that term in RL to describe a man. I usually say he's sexy or sponge-worthy or something else. Jemaine is all of those ... with sideburns!

claire
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:46 pm 

sponge-worthy!! LOL

yes true attractiveness goes way beyond looks, tho the jemster has it all in the way of looks to me, tall, nice build, dark hair, good scruff, the deep voice really really does it for me too, and the accent--he's just really manly without being macho, he's got this smolderingly hot thing going on without even trying or even being aware of it, and on top of all that he's mega talented, funny, smart, seemingly sweet and exudes this kind of innocence, so many wonderful things rolled into one, how can we help but love him... :heart:

SheWolf
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:54 pm 
Boom King!

The first time I watched the TV series I didn’t give Bret a second glance. Nothing about him jumped out at me. Jemaine was the one my eye went to but it wasn’t because he was good looking because I didn’t find him good looking at first. But I do remember thinking he had nice hair (thick, black, lustrous locks –oh my!) and that his body looked big and strong and manly, so those things appealed to me right off the bat. I think I just watched the show taking in all of the humor the first time through, it was like sensory overload. The second time around I looked at them each differently and they both became more attractive to me, Bret in a platonic way and Jemaine in a lustful way. I like to think it’s because I appreciated them both so much as entertainers, musicians and comediennes that I began to find them both so bloody attractive.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 102  Next