R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Re: R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion

Postby mockingbird » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:35 am

OK, I hate to admit this, really I do. I was fully prepared to hate this book, but the truth is, I can't put it down. It is SO FUNNY. Yes it's also puerile and gross, most definitely. But also very, very amusing. I can TOTALLY see why Jemaine would be interested in this role.

I love how Mystery lives with his parents! :purple: I almost did a spit take when I read that, lol. These guys are SUCH LOSERS. I would absolutely *love* to see one of them in action, I find it extremely hard to believe that any of these methods would actually work with anyone who isn't A) drunk and B) a stripper, lol. In fact I think that may be the secret to their success. ;) I love how Mystery says to wear light-up jewelry as a conversation starter! And then Style has his man bag that he wears across his torso - remind you of anyone? lol - and in it he has EXTRA light-up jewelry, so when he gives away his glowing necklace to some poor girl, he can put *another* one on after she leaves! Oh the humanity. My favorite part so far - this almost killed me:

Mystery wrote:Maddash talked about how using well-chosen props are a great way to focus a girl's attention on something else so she doesn't resist overt sexual moves. I agree. Say, "Look at the puppet show over there," while you play with her tits. If she hesitates about the tit-play, simply point to the puppets and laugh, "Look at the puppets. Look, they are funny puppets." Then play with the tits again.

:rolls: SERIOUSLY???? What kind of drugs would a girl have to be on for this to actually work?? Can you imagine?? :roll2: Oh man, I'm dying over here. :lol:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby SheWolf » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:58 pm

I was going to ask you your thoughts on the book as I am quite curious about it. It seems my initial impression of :hrmpf: and ICK will be greatly altered upon its reading. It certainly sounds like something Jemaine has read and that he has been employing some of the techniques therein, which is hilarious in itself and a reason for me to read it (if he is confirmed for the role). The more I hear about it the more it sounds like the role Jemaine was born to play baaaaaby!
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:23 am

You'll probably still think it's ick, but it's also very funny, which I wasn't expecting. I almost wish I was still single and went to bars more often so I could see if any guys actually tried to use any of this stuff. :lol:

SheWolf wrote:It certainly sounds like something Jemaine has read and that he has been employing some of the techniques therein, which is hilarious in itself and a reason for me to read it (if he is confirmed for the role).

:nod: I thought of him many times as I was reading it, lol.
mockingbird

Postby SheWolf » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:23 pm

Once I found out that it was a comedy I felt better about it as I had been envisioning Tom Cruise's character from Magnolia and getting freaked out.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:24 pm

mockingbird wrote:You'll probably still think it's ick, but it's also very funny, which I wasn't expecting.

I'm not sure that the bulk of the humor is intentional or the author even cognizant of it. :lol:

mockingbird wrote:I almost wish I was still single and went to bars more often so I could see if any guys actually tried to use any of this stuff. :lol:

Did you love how he tried to assert that the more intelligent the woman, the easier the methods worked? :puzzled:

SheWolf wrote:It certainly sounds like something Jemaine has read and that he has been employing some of the techniques therein, which is hilarious in itself and a reason for me to read it (if he is confirmed for the role).

When we are in NYC, if we get approached in a bar by a tall, dark, heavily bearded man wearing a glow necklace....just roll with it. :boogie:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby MinorMajorStalker » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:11 am

I might be the only here person who hasn't seen this yet (one of you may have started it, for all I know...) but just in case I'm not-- Have you guys seen the facebook page that's petitioning Jemaine to host an episode of SNL? I just saw it and kind of freaked out. :biggrin: :yay:
Welcome to my patio of death.
MinorMajorStalker
Half a shapely halibut

Postby LauraK » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:42 am

Yeah...it's someone from another board, I believe. :) It'd be cool but I don't see it happening.

At least not until he has a movie to plug, like MIB....... :wink:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby MinorMajorStalker » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:35 am

maybe he could advertise for them a little early... "I'm in Men in Black 3, which comes out in a year and a half..." :dunno: :lol:
Welcome to my patio of death.
MinorMajorStalker
Half a shapely halibut

Postby SheWolf » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:27 pm

I don't know who started it but since the Betty White thing everyone has a petition to host SNL. :lol: I would hate to see J on there but I'm not concerned because I don't see it happening.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Kristin Wiig is on SNL and she's always in Lorne's good graces. When the time's right, I don't think a petition will be necessary.

But I'd rather see him do a guest shot on an interesting show, like Demetri Martin's Important Things.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:30 am

Shirt for Jemaine?

Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby LauraK » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:44 am

O please God, no..... :shock:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:20 am

Jemaine needs this shirt in a turtleneck version, lol. ;) His beard, while good, doesn't even make it onto the chart. :hrmpf:

Now we're talking. :nod: :lol:
mockingbird

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Those brain worms are out. of. control. :shock:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby LauraK » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:20 pm

creepycreepycreepy