It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:04 am

Despicable Me

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: Nancy

Re: Despicable Me

Postby LauraK » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:13 am

Except Jemaine's name isn't there any more........ :hrm: :(
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Venus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:23 am

Yeah I had to double check that the first trailer had his name in it. :?
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Red » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:22 pm

Confirmation!!!

The minions (voiced by Jemaine Clement) are in awe of Gru's plan

DespicableMe-14-560x420.jpg
DespicableMe-14-560x420.jpg (96.13 KiB) Viewed 1268 times

Source

There are a lot of other new stills from the film at this site too. Thanks to Ami for the heads up on this
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

Like, that's awesome but seriously unless their voices change to his at the end or something, couldn't anyone's voice have done for that?
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Red » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:44 pm

I know it kind of sucks that they won't sound like him. But didn't he say in an interview that when he went in to record his parts that they didn't have a script for him and they just let him do his thing? So it will be a whole movie of unscripted little Jeminions being all adorable and I bet the animators will thow in some of his mannerisms and facial expressions. Jemaine will shine through! I'm not worried. :D
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:24 am

Jeminions. :thumb: :D
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:20 am

Heh, heh, Jeminions. :rolls:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Ami » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:41 am

THIS. :heart:
Red wrote:I know it kind of sucks that they won't sound like him. But didn't he say in an interview that when he went in to record his parts that they didn't have a script for him and they just let him do his thing? So it will be a whole movie of unscripted little Jeminions being all adorable and I bet the animators will thow in some of his mannerisms and facial expressions. Jemaine will shine through! I'm not worried. :D
"If there's love involved, Jemaine probably did it."
Ami
Giving the paper to the people

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed May 05, 2010 12:07 am

Despicable Me to be featured at LA Film Festival:

LOS ANGELES (May 4, 2010) - Today Film Independent, the non-profit arts organization that produces the Spirit Awards, the Los Angeles Film Festival, and year-round artist development programs and exhibition events, announced the official selections for the 2010 Los Angeles Film Festival, presented by the Los Angeles Times. The Festival will run from Thursday, June 17 to Sunday, June 27 in downtown Los Angeles, with its central hub at L.A. LIVE. Now in its sixteenth year, the Festival is recognized as a world-class event, showcasing the best in new American and international cinema and providing the movie-loving public with access to critically acclaimed filmmakers, film industry professionals, and emerging talent from around the world.

The 2010 Los Angeles Film Festival will screen over 200 feature films, shorts, and music videos, representing more than 40 countries. This year, the Festival received more than 4,700 submissions from filmmakers around the world. The final selections represent 28 World, North American, and U.S. premieres, which more than doubled from 2009. The number of films competing in the narrative and documentary competition categories also increased this year from 13 to 18, of which half are World premieres.

Universal Pictures' world premiere of the 3-D CGI feature Despicable Me will close the Festival on June 27 at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live. The film is directed by Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin with an all-star cast including Steve Carell, Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Kristen Wiig, Will Arnett, Danny McBride, Jemaine Clement, Miranda Cosgrove, Jack McBrayer, and Julie Andrews. One of the world's greatest super-villains, Gru (voiced by Steve Carell), is planning the biggest heist in the history of the world: to steal the moon (Yes, the moon!) in Despicable Me. Surrounded by an army of mischievous little yellow minions and armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze rays, and battle-ready vehicles, Gru vanquishes all who stand in his way. Until the day he encounters the immense will of three little girls who look at him and see something that no one else has: a potential Dad. Despicable Me opens nationwide in Real D 3D on July 9, 2010.

Link for the entire article: http://filmindependent.org/content/film ... presented-

(p.s. I did look for 'Boy' to be listed, I don't see it on the list. Drat!)
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby vmh » Wed May 05, 2010 1:54 am

Yes! Hopefully, I'll get to work a shift on June 27 or acquire a pass somehow. I'm excited!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Aimee » Wed May 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Yay vmh! I really hope you get a pass--and another chance to meet Jem!
Aimee
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed May 05, 2010 7:08 pm

V that would be so incredible. I am sending good vibes baby!!! :nod:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby LauraK » Tue May 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Just a heads-up for anyone home or who can turn on the tv right now. Steve Carrell is on Ellen right now and they've mentioned Despicable Me. Don't know if they'll show a clip or not but just thoguth I'd let y'all know.

:)
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 18, 2010 9:39 pm

They did show a clip I hadn't seen yet w/ Gru and all of the minions but they were mainly cheering. No individual voices....
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby vmh » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:13 am

Darn it! I didn't have much access to a computer this weekend and it looks like all the closing day shifts for LA Film Fest have been filled. This means I won't get to work the Despicable Me premiere unless someone drops outs. I'm not giving up though. :pray:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement