It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:59 am

Eagle vs Shark

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Postby Don » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:33 am

Don wrote:Colour me red. I was up past my bedtime too. You may well be right, but it doesn't quite look right for Taika either? If it is him, the photo must have been taken immediately after arriving at Sundance. There was another director there who looks quite a lot like him...Oh well, never mind.

Aha, mystery solved. It's Taika, but the shot is from 2005. No wonder the hair and beard didn't match this year's pictures.

*Now* I can sleep in peace.
Don
New arrival

Postby Pineapple » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:38 am

On 3News tonight they were interviewing Cliff Curtis and he mentioned co-producing Eagle vs Shark.. they showed some really quick shots of the film.. can't wait to see it!!

..and HI everyone! Haven't been round here in a while :lol:
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'
Pineapple
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Don » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:06 pm

Pineapple wrote:On 3News tonight they were interviewing Cliff Curtis and he mentioned co-producing Eagle vs Shark.. they showed some really quick shots of the film.. can't wait to see it!!

Thanks for that - I read it just in time to catch a repeat on Nightline.
An extended version of the interview is also available for online viewing on TV3's website.

There was also a short note in the latest Listener that mentioned that Prime TV have bought the forthcoming FOTC HBO series for showing in NZ. (Apologies if that's old news, I haven't looked in the other sections of this message board to see.)

If you haven't looked for a month or two, the film website has been updated with a new trailer and blog video..

Finally, we had the Cast'n'Crew showing a couple of weeks ago.. In spite of being so familiar with the story and knowing all the people in it, I found myself immersed in the film and was moved to tears at the end. The current word is still that it may be in the NZ Film Festival in July, and will be generally released in August.

Regards...
Don
New arrival

Postby beck » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:16 pm

Don wrote:
There was also a short note in the latest Listener that mentioned that Prime TV have bought the forthcoming FOTC HBO series for showing in NZ. (Apologies if that's old news, I haven't looked in the other sections of this message board to see.)

*pees with excitement*
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin
beck

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:13 pm

beck wrote:
*pees with excitement*

Dies laughing :rolls: Brilliant 8)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:36 pm

Don wrote:Thanks for that - I read it just in time to catch a repeat on Nightline. An extended version of the interview is also available for online viewing on TV3's website.

Hi Don, nice to see you again :)

I had written a new update a few days ago (just been lazy and not updated it online :P ) about TV3 being interested in picking up the HBO series over there. It had been reported anyways. If its gone to Prime is that a cable channel? Subscription? And can you take a pic of the Listener snippet per chance?

I've been updating the main site with all the Eagle vs Shark news on its own page. Pretty muche everything is there :) Including the blog vid IIRC

And cool about the Cast'n'Crew showing. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll be sure to mention the possible release for Ev S in NZ in the main news update :)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Deirdre » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:48 pm

I am so HAPPY :dance: NZ will be getting it. It is the right thing to do. Finally, the powers that be are doing the right thing. :clap:
Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Pineapple » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:08 pm

Sherry wrote:If its gone to Prime is that a cable channel? Subscription?

To get Prime you just have to buy a UHF aerial, about $100, no subscription or anything. I think most people have it, but I'm not sure - where I live you need a decent aerial to pick anything up.
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'
Pineapple

Postby Don » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:49 pm

Sherry wrote:And can you take a pic of the Listener snippet per chance?

The full text of the column in which it appears will be online on the Listener website as of Saturday 14th (it's just gone mignight, it's available now):
<http://www.listener.co.nz/issue/3492/artsbooks/8590/like_whatever.html>

As others have pointed out, Prime is one of the base set of channels on Sky. It's also available "free to air" on UHF (channel number varies by region). So if all else fails, just invite yourself round to a friend who has Sky TV.
Don
New arrival

Postby Sherry » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:30 pm

Don wrote:
Sherry wrote:And can you take a pic of the Listener snippet per chance?

The full text of the column in which it appears will be online on the Listener website as of Saturday 14th (it's just gone mignight, it's available now):

I gots it, thanks :)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Ellen » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:15 pm

Hi everyone!

Last weekend I attended a sold-out screening of Eagle vs Shark at the 2007 Philadelphia Film Festival. The film was rated four stars (out of five) on the Festival website. It was also selected as a Festival Favorite, which meant that an extra screening was added to the schedule.

I thought the storyline moved along at a good pace, and the film was an appropriate length. It would've been nice to have seen a little more interaction between Jarrod and his young daughter, even if it was just a short scene. Perhaps something where she sets him straight about women might have been fun.

Overall, there were many funny lines and scenes, as well as a few surprises. The Phoenix Foundation did a marvelous job with the film score, and every song fit its respective scene. I'm already looking forward to the soundtrack. (And the audio commentaries on the DVD, naturally!) Anyway, my best suggestion is to put aside any comparisons with other recent independent films and let this one stand on its own merit. Everyone who worked on the movie can be proud of their efforts, as the end result was thoroughly enjoyable.
Ellen

Postby onewithdog » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:44 pm

Looks good so far on rottentomatoes, its a FRESH TOMATO

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/eagle_vs_shark/
onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby poptartgirl » Sat May 26, 2007 2:58 pm

I went to see the movie "Waitress" last weekend (highly recommended, btw) and one of the previews/trailers was for Eagle vs Shark. So odds are likely that it will be showing in Austin. I'm a sporadic moviegoer but this one looks worth my time for a weekend matinee :wink: .

Jennifer
poptartgirl

Postby Don » Mon May 28, 2007 12:18 pm

To find out the initial screening dates and theatres for the US, go to the film's website (www.eaglevsshark.net) and select "screenings". First showing in Austin:

06/20 7:30 pm Landmark Dobie, 2021 Guadalupe

There are two other Austin theatres listed for subsequent dates.
Don
New arrival

Postby poptartgirl » Mon May 28, 2007 4:20 pm

Don wrote:To find out the initial screening dates and theatres for the US, go to the film's website (www.eaglevsshark.net) and select "screenings". First showing in Austin:

06/20 7:30 pm Landmark Dobie, 2021 Guadalupe

There are two other Austin theatres listed for subsequent dates.

Thanks Don. I was feeling lazy earlier and didn't check out the film website myself :wink: .
The Dobie is a great movie theater ; the screening rooms are more intimate and it doesn't feel like a cold megaplex.
So I checked out the film website and I now have a ticket to the June 20th screening at the Dobie. :D
poptartgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement