Eagle vs Shark

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Postby Gayle » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:41 pm

kneedragger wrote:
Gayle wrote:We do want to only thing premiered that night to be the movie, don't we. :shock:

It's not fair to ask leading questions :wink:

Gayle, my Dad just got a part in a new film, he didn't even have to audition. Looks like he'll be spending January in the Cayman Islands :mrgreen:

Sean

Yee haw! GO DAD! It's too bad it couldn't be filmed in a better location. Like Outer Mongolia in February. Or the Sahara dessert. Poor fellow. :wink:
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Eagle vs. Shark

Postby Ellen » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:36 am

Here’s a quick update about the film, it’s basically the same stuff but it contains a little anecdote about the first day of filming. Go to: http://www.nzfilm.co.nz/news_and_media/ ... ecent.aspx
and select the press release from November 10 (Love and Luck Set the Scene of Taika Waititi’s First Feature Film).

I hope they meant October 31 rather than November 31 otherwise we have all just fast forwarded in time, and I am so not ready for that. I liked the eagle and shark sketches at the top of the page, too, by the way. :)
Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby specialkay » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:21 pm

thanks ellen for this update. i loved reding it!
any news is always good news, I say. :wink:
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~
specialkay

Postby Ellen » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:50 am

specialkay wrote:thanks ellen for this update. i loved reding it!
any news is always good news, I say. :wink:

Glad you liked it, Karen.

A couple of little website mentions:

From the website: http://www.mana.com.au

Mana NZ continues its music supervision work with the feature “Eagle vs Shark”

Described as an ‘odd love story about two social misfits” it is the first feature for director Taika Waititi whose short film “Two Cars, One Night” was nominated for an Academy Award this year.

Besides featuring a number of well known songs, both local and international, the film will feature songs and score by Wellington band The Phoenix Foundation.

Hmm…The Phoenix Foundation…sounds familiar. Someone likes them. Can’t recall who it is, though. Oh, now I remember, it’s Neil Finn.

Maybe this means there’s going to be a bona fide soundtrack for the movie.

Also, this guy, Craig Hall, is apparently in the film and put it in his biography already. Along with some other notable movies I’d say.
http://www.actors.co.nz/people/viewAnyb ... bodyId=507

This update brought to you courtesy of Insomnia Unlimited in association with Too Much Coffee Incorporated.
Ellen

Postby conchordgirl » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:45 am

Woo-Hoo! Jackpot! New Beautiful Photos..*sigh*

http://www.nzpaimages.co.nz/events.php?event_id=370

--Nicole (doing her own happy boogie dance right now)
conchordgirl

Postby Gayle » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:58 am

Nice find!

Final Score: Smile 10, Mullet 7

Is it me, or in that first photo of Taika, does he not resemble Kevin Kline in "I Love You To Death"?
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Deirdre » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:34 am

Yummy :eyelashes:
Thank you Nicole :clap:
Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:35 am

Mullets are the "Speedos" of hair-styles, as far as I'm concerned. I usually find them just yuck-a-rooner :sick: on just about everyone who wears one. (The only worse hair style is when a man goes bald on top, but grows the hair on one side of his head about two or three feet long and combs it over the bald spot, wrapping it around and around, and then sprays it stiff so it doesn't move... like it's really fooling anyone, but I digress. :roll: )

That having been said, Jemaine looks okay in that mullet. Very "adorkable". So, like Gayle said: Smile (definitely) 10, mullet 7 (only because it's Jemaine wearing it).

Thanks for the link! I loved those pics. :D
Kate

Postby Gayle » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:26 am

Kate wrote:That having been said, Jemaine looks okay in that mullet. Very "adorkable". So, like Gayle said: Smile (definitely) 10, mullet 7 (only because it's Jemaine wearing it).

:D

That was exact reason for the 7 points the mullet received. The mullet is ficticious, no? The mullet is it's own character in this film. And I find it very generous of Jemaine to allow the mullet to rent his head for the making of this film. Very generous indeed.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Kate » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:34 am

Gayle wrote:
Kate wrote:That having been said, Jemaine looks okay in that mullet. Very "adorkable". So, like Gayle said: Smile (definitely) 10, mullet 7 (only because it's Jemaine wearing it).

:D

That was exact reason for the 7 points the mullet received. The mullet is ficticious, no? The mullet is it's own character in this film. And I find it very generous of Jemaine to allow the mullet to rent his head for the making of this film. Very generous indeed.

I think it falls under the category of what a great artist will do for his art, no? I admire him greatly for doing it, actually. The smile, however, is a thousand-watt keeper! :D
Kate

Postby Gayle » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:38 am

Kate wrote:I think it falls under the category of what a great artist will do for his art, no? I admire him greatly for doing it, actually. The smile, however, is a thousand-watt keeper! :D

Definately. This artistic sacrifice ranks with the likes of DeNiro in Raging Bull, Crowe in The Insider, Cherlize Theron in Monster, and, of course, Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones's Diary!
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Kate » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:49 am

Gayle wrote:
Kate wrote:I think it falls under the category of what a great artist will do for his art, no? I admire him greatly for doing it, actually. The smile, however, is a thousand-watt keeper! :D

Definately. This artistic sacrifice ranks with the likes of DeNiro in Raging Bull, Crowe in The Insider, Cherlize Theron in Monster, and, of course, Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones's Diary!

Nichole Kidman in "The Hours"... Toni Collette in "Muriel's Wedding"! And, have you ever seen Tracy Ullman back away from an unattractive character? Never.

Very heroic, if you ask me!
Kate

Postby Gayle » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:51 am

Huzzah! :fence: Well said!
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:54 am

From the same website... off topic but interesting.

PETER JACKSON: BUT SKINNY! I can't believe how different he looks now that he's lost weight!
http://www.nzpaimages.co.nz/preview.php?image_id=2815

Now that I think of it, Peter Jackson and this fellow:

http://www.nzpaimages.co.nz/preview.php?image_id=2656

both appear in the "Making of Tongan Ninja" extra on the DVD. Hmmmm...
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:44 pm

Wow! Peter Jackson looks so different!

Gayle, you're right. Taika really does look a lot like Kevin Kline in those photos.

The mullet is a horrible horrible thing, and I think it was quite brave of Jemaine to take it on.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement