Jemaine at Fantastic Fest 2009

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Jemaine at Fantastic Fest 2009

Postby funny schipperke » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:44 pm

Faith wrote:He's quick. He did make a few mistakes during the reading, which I had thought maybe it was from nerves and now I guess I was right. But if he screws up, he just makes a joke out of it and then moves on. It's impressive, I could never do that. I would have been nervous too, there were a ton of people there and all of them had a camera in his face, myself included. I'm glad he decided to do it, even though he didn't want to.

He also didn't have his glasses on... maybe he had contacts?... I don't know but that might explain the mistakes during the reading. But you're right, Faith, he recovered quickly and just moved on.
I'm SO glad he did it, despite his nervousness.

Thanks, Jemaine!! You're the best! :heart: :heart:
Image Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Yep I agree with what you've all said so far. I'm so glad he went ahead with the book reading because it was priceless! I completely understand what he means about getting nervous speaking in front of people but putting yourself forward to do things like that and seeing it as a challenge which may turn out to be quite fun all helps with character building. Can't wait to hear more about his project with Taika. Jemaine is a true sweetheart for going ahead with things which may make him feel a bit uncomfortable :heart:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:32 pm

funny schipperke wrote:Bakergirl and I were in the front row at the premier and during the q&a he would look right at us! :shock: I didn't know if I should lock eyes with him, look away, smile,.... I ended up just breaking into giggle fits. :oops:

:roll2: :nod:
ImageImageImageImage

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:35 pm

funny schipperke wrote:
Faith wrote:He's quick. He did make a few mistakes during the reading, which I had thought maybe it was from nerves and now I guess I was right. But if he screws up, he just makes a joke out of it and then moves on. It's impressive, I could never do that. I would have been nervous too, there were a ton of people there and all of them had a camera in his face, myself included. I'm glad he decided to do it, even though he didn't want to.

He also didn't have his glasses on... maybe he had contacts?... I don't know but that might explain the mistakes during the reading. But you're right, Faith, he recovered quickly and just moved on.

You know he might be just nearsighted and can read fine without glasses and just needs them to see far away. That's how I am. I can see up close, I just can't see anything far away without my glasses. Or maybe he was just wearing contacts while in character... who knows? I'm thinking about this way too much. :lol:

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:37 pm

Well he WAS holding the paper UP to him as opposed to just keeping it on the podium. I do remember him saying on the E vs S commentary he was near sighted... or as he said it "short-sighted" :lol: :geek:
Last edited by bakergirl30 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Faith

Postby Faith » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:40 pm

I really need to hear this commentary and watch this movie. I still haven't seen it yet.

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:42 pm

Faith wrote:I really need to hear this commentary and watch this movie. I still haven't seen it yet.

I just sent the dvd out to Red. After she watches it I can have her send it to you, if you want? :)
ImageImageImageImage

Faith

Postby Faith » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Sure that would be great. But what region is it? I don't know if I'll be able to watch it or not.

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Faith wrote:Sure that would be great. But what region is it? I don't know if I'll be able to watch it or not.

Region 2. You can watch it on your computer if you change the region.
ImageImageImageImage

Faith

Postby Faith » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:49 pm

How do you change the region? I have VLC media player that I use to watch movies. I guess I could use that.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Faith wrote:
funny schipperke wrote:

You know he might be just nearsighted and can read fine without glasses and just needs them to see far away. That's how I am. I can see up close, I just can't see anything far away without my glasses. Or maybe he was just wearing contacts while in character... who knows? I'm thinking about this way too much. :lol:

I think about things way to much :lol: When I saw pics of Jem as Dr. Chevalier at the GB premiere, I was also wondering whether he was wearing contacts then :rolleyes: ;). But yes being short sighted could mean that he's fine with reading up close so maybe he wasn't.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Faith wrote:How do you change the region? I have VLC media player that I use to watch movies. I guess I could use that.

Oh that would work! I don't know how you would change regions... I'd have to ask my son Michael! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:53 pm

bakergirl30 wrote:
Faith wrote:How do you change the region? I have VLC media player that I use to watch movies. I guess I could use that.

Oh that would work! I don't know how you would change regions... I'd have to ask my son Michael! :lol:

It should automatically prompt you when you put the disc in.
But if you're using VLC player, I don't think you have to change the region.
Image Image

Faith

Postby Faith » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:56 pm

I think he was flying blind, so to speak. He was never in character for more than 10 minutes and that's not long enough to worry about wearing contacts, especially if immediately afterward you're changing back into your own clothes and wearing your glasses.

Red

Postby Red » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:59 pm

bakergirl30 wrote:
Faith wrote:I really need to hear this commentary and watch this movie. I still haven't seen it yet.

I just sent the dvd out to Red. After she watches it I can have her send it to you, if you want? :)

Yay! Thank you bakergirl! I can't wait to see it.

Faith, PM me your address and I'll mail it to you when I'm done with it.

Return to “Jemaine Clement”