It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Gentlemen Broncos - Discuss the actual film in here please

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: Nancy

Re: Gentlemen Broncos - Discuss the actual film in here please

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:20 am

Ha! My hubby surprised me with the GB dvd today. Is he trying to balance my obsession maybe? :worry: :lol: I must say I'm a bit hesitant to see it. Dr. Chevalier scares me. Then again I felt the same about seeing Jem in Eagle vs Shark, and now I love the mullet. :hrm: Lord knows what GB could do to me. :shock: Should I watch it?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Red » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:21 am

Wha?! Of course! Watch it now! You really might not like the movie but you'll love Jemaine. I promise.
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:24 am

:nails:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby eorious » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:53 am

Of course you should watch it! Jemaine really was awesome in it. Just close your eyes whenever that creepy big-mouthed guy enters the scene (was the character's name Lonnie?). He totally gave me the willies, too. And be prepared for lots of juvenile gross-out humor.
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby SheWolf » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:04 pm

I think he was supposed to be funny & he was for like 4 seconds. I think my least favorite characters would be Dusty and mom, it's like why?? I scratched my head through most of this movie. It was painfully unfunny & embarrassingly bad, but not bad in a good way and that's the trouble. I had a friend who made films like this in middle school - uncool, ugly characters living in these backwoods type places doing odd things. In middle school we thought it was cool but we were young, impressionable and didn't know better. What's Hess' excuse?
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:35 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Ha! My hubby surprised me with the GB dvd today. Is he trying to balance my obsession maybe? :worry: :lol: I must say I'm a bit hesitant to see it. Dr. Chevalier scares me. Then again I felt the same about seeing Jem in Eagle vs Shark, and now I love the mullet. :hrm: Lord knows what GB could do to me. :shock: Should I watch it?

Awww, what a great husband. Is that one of your birthday pressies? I know that you have a birthday tomorrow. Yup. Another year better.

So have you watched it? What did you think? Maybe you've watched and haven't recovered yet. Let us know.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:11 pm

4everconchordsfan wrote:Awww, what a great husband.

He almost puts Doug to shame, doesn't he? It seems he's cool with nearly anything that makes me happy. I really had no idea just how far (Europe!) he would let me go with this teeny tiny nonchalant obsession. Or to what lengths he will go to get rid of me for a bit. :lol:

So have you watched it? What did you think?

Not yet. Maybe tomorrow. Hubby said we could watch it together tonight, but I'm not so sure that's a good idea. :worry: I don't trust my poker face when a Conchord is involved.

So SheWolf (and anyone else willing), In your opinion, what order would you rank Jemaine's movies, best to worst? GB worst? or does Tongan Ninja squeeze under it? :lol:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby SheWolf » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:13 pm

No comment. :lol: I love Jemaine, just not his films.

Actually I think GB is the worst because TN has the bad/good thing going on.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby DangerMouse » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Ok y'all actually how bad is this movie ? I am torn on going to go get it because I really like jennifer coolidge (she totally stole the show in Pootie Tang ~ Sa da tay!) but is it worth $10.00 ?
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...
DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:54 pm

Personally, I wouldn't even pay $10 for it. Netflix it if you can first.

Nonch, I adore TN. I'm not sure which I'd rank higher, TN or EvS because they're so different. Which I prefer at any given time depends on my mood. But GB is definitely the worst. It's just not funny.
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:47 pm

I bought it thru the WTF Amazon link and saw it more as a donation to this site. Still haven't gotten to watching it... :D
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:21 pm

Thanks guys. Going in with such low expectations...I should be fine. :lol: I'll keep my finger near the FF button of the remote for emergencies (creepy big mouth guy) and focus on the comedic genius of the fabulous Mr. Clement. Yep, that's what I'll be focusing on. :halo: There aren't too many movies that I can't endure. (I made it through Futile Attraction and Diagnosis Death after all. :wink: ) I'm more afraid of his whole "look" in the film. But that will make sense when I watch the movie, right? Because it's hard for me to imagine any reason to put that man in those pants. Is it set in the eighties or something?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:28 pm

Maybe seeing it again will change my opinion, but I had a great time when I saw this movie. Then again, I was seated between Bibli and SW, so that may have added to my enjoyment. :dunno:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Red » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:49 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:But that will make sense when I watch the movie, right? Because it's hard for me to imagine any reason to put that man in those pants. Is it set in the eighties or something?

Not the eighties but definitely Jared Hess's weird version of backwoods Utah. And yes it will make sense with the entire look of the movie.
Red

Postby Red » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:21 am

I'm so bummed/angry! Since I've already seen this twice and don't really have the extra money to buy it, I decided to rent GB from Blockbuster. I figured with a 5 day rental I could maybe watch it with the commentary and then drool over Jem in the extras plenty. I just put the DVD in and THERE ARE NO SPECIAL FEATURES ON THIS DISC!! Nothing at all!! Just the movie. :###: I'm quite disappointed. WTF Blockbuster? Why does a version even exist without the special features? It doesn't make sense. :evil:

Has anyone gotten it from Netflix yet? If so does, their version have the special features?
Red

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement