Gentlemen Broncos - Discuss the actual film in here please

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Re: Gentlemen Broncos - Discuss the actual film in here please

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:39 am

I rented from blockbuster too and got the same thing. I'm hoping to buy it soon to see the special features and so forth.

Nonch, I really liked this movie. :doomed: The big mouthed guy is a bit much, but for a silly B movie I enjoyed it. Gross out humor was lost on with my profession. I get covered in every body fluid that can possibly come out of a dog, so that stuff barely registered to me as even being disgusting. I was just like "yup". lol I'm through the looking glass on gross. :D I'm not creeped out by Chevalier, I'm drawn to him so no problems there. hehe. The mom is a little like my mom so I found her very believable. Actually, the mom in GB is a lot more down to earth, there's no scenes of her trolling around looking at homeless dudes asking her kid if that would make a good father lol! Oh, my assorted horrible memories! :D That could be an instance of me being through the looking glass as well. Having a family full of whacked out, religiously fanatical, badly dressed, white trash hillbillies maybe makes Hess's work more palatable. Out of the films primarily mentioned I would put EvS first, this second, TN third. I hope you like it! :)
Last edited by deliriumtree on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:53 am

That's so strange, Red and DT :hrm:

I was planning on renting it, too, to watch the extras, because I have no plans to purchase this movie. I hope this non-extras dvd isn't the case at all rental places. :?
Image Image
funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Red » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:41 am

I checked with Netflix and it says that they have the version with the special features. So I'm going to try that.
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby SheWolf » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:46 pm

DangerMouse wrote:Ok y'all actually how bad is this movie ?
Well I, for one, have been pretty vocal about my opinion. :lol: But it's just my opinion & opinions are like buttholes.

Nonch if you made it through Futile Attraction and Diagnosis Death I tip my hat to you. I think this film is better than those, well maybe a little.

I have it in my Netflix Q just to see the extras and like Red said, it does mention them on the Netflix page so I imagine they will be there when you rent.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:19 pm

So I just got this on dvd from my mom for my birthday.....I cant bare to watch the whole movie start to finish again, so I just skipped to all the RC parts. I liked Jennifer Coolidge in this, I'll have to fast forward through and find her parts too.

Oh calamity! :lol:
closet jemainiac
---

Postby mockingbird » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:28 pm

eorious wrote:I adore TN. I'm not sure which I'd rank higher, TN or EvS because they're so different. Which I prefer at any given time depends on my mood. But GB is definitely the worst. It's just not funny.

I haven't seen GB but to weigh in on the TN - EvS debate, I agree it's hard to compare them because they are so different. I'd have to say I like EvS better because there's just more to it but TN was surprisingly funny. I know J has made some clunker movies but I really liked both EvS and TN. :dunno:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby LauraK » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:28 pm

If I ever feel like I might faint, I hope to say that....:lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 pm

:lol: I think "Oh calamity" is the greatest thing one could say in that situation, lol. I've fainted a few times at concerts because I have this problem with large crowds and I think what I said each time was along the lines of, "No, really, I'm fine...." :thud:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:34 am

Boy, I only fainted once, and I knew I was going to pass out, but I had no time to say anything before my head hit the floor. Hard. :bang:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:57 am

I only fainted once too, when a nurse nicked both veins when trying to get some blood. All I remember is slumping forward, my ex jumping over the table to catch me, and puking at the same time. Also, everyone says they "blacked out" or something, but I actually "multi-colored out", I remember seeing flashing colors before waking up. Weird.

:topic:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby SheWolf » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:20 pm

You dudes are lucky. I used to pass out all the time but I never managed to be able to think up anything witty in the moment. :lol: In retrospect I think I had a panic attack thing going on for a few years, though at the time no one knew what was wrong with me. Eventually I willed myself out of them. I could feel them coming on and if I distracted myself and breathed right they could be averted. The last time I passed out was when I was being tested for hypoglycemia (which I already knew I had). After drinking the organge sugary drink my blood sugar plummeted to 40 and I woke up on the floor with a nurse holding a cold compress to my clammy head. I wanted to lay on that cold floor forever. I was so hot.

Oops back OT. Gentlemen Broncos, um, it still says long wait in my Netflix Q.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:58 pm

SW - my friend Jonathan are currently "sharing" a Netflix, but all of his movies are Q'ed up before mine :eyeroll:. I DID get, however, the first 3 eps of S1 of Six Feet Under, and now I'm dying to watch the next several eps, but it's pretty far down on the Q. So I'm thinking about getting my own Netflix. However I'm not sure I have enough time to watch as many movies as I want to see. You may not know the answer, but is Netflix a "cancel at anytime" or do you have to have a 1 yr subscription or something?
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby vmh » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:05 pm

You could cancel at any time. And you could put your account on hold.

I started out with the 1 DVD at a time-unlimited plan for $8.99/month. I found that I don't watch more than 1 or 2 DVD's a month so I've switched to the 1 DVD at a time-Limit 2 per month plan for $4.99. One of these plans might work for you if you don't have a lot of time to devote to DVD watching.
Last edited by vmh on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby SheWolf » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:11 pm

What vmh said. I can't express how much I love Netflix (and this is from someone who used to relish the idea of perusing an actual video store). Even if you only watch 2 movies a month it's cheaper than renting 2 at the local Blockbuster and you have the added convenience of it being delivered to you and being able to keep it as long as you want.

As for Six Feet Under = holy crap, an amazing show.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:50 pm

I am soooo in love with this show. I always love learning about morbid stuff like getting a body ready for a viewing. I'm sooo sick like that. It took me like 10 days to get through the 3 eps on disc one. But I went through Dexter faster. I just don't have time to watch movies, though every Thursday I have off from work or school. I think maybe the 1 at a time package would be sufficient for me, but I can probably go through more than 2 a month... I also like that I can put my acct on hold if I find I am out of movies to watch or I am going through a particularly packed month...
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement