It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Movieweb interview

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Movieweb interview

Postby SheWolf » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:21 pm

90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: Movieweb interview

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:46 pm

he's being really polite. I noticed how his eyes narrowed and he was fighting a sigh when he was asked about the 3rd season of the Conchords, and the interviewer was surprised that it not happening was a real possibility.

Homework. These people have the interwebs and don't do their homework.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby Venus » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:59 pm

mohumbhai mania wrote:he's being really polite. I noticed how his eyes narrowed and he was fighting a sigh when he was asked about the 3rd season of the Conchords, and the interviewer was surprised that it not happening was a real possibility.

Homework. These people have the interwebs and don't do their homework.

:nod:

Jemaine seemed a tad bored and drained in parts of that interview probably due to being asked the same questions over and over again :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:05 pm

I think he seemed put off by the guy interrupting him while he was trying to talk...but maybe that's just me. :roll:
closet jemainiac
---

Postby Venus » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Yeah I think the interviewer was trying to fill in all the silences when Jemaine was trying to think about his answers or didn't have much to say.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby bakergirl30 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:12 pm

Venus wrote:Yeah I think the interviewer was trying to fill in all the silences when Jemaine was trying to think about his answers or didn't have much to say.

Agreed.. what did he day in another interview.. he felt like the chicken salad at the end of the day? It seemed a bit like that. :|
And the guy wasn't very good at the whole interviewing thing.
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby SheWolf » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:13 pm

I thought the interviewer was being facetious about season 3, coming at it from a different angle. It seems often times the people interviewing Jemaine are trying so hard to be hipster cool it's a bit of a pathetic display.

I just realized that I think part of the reason why I am finding these interviews lackluster is because it is about someone else's work, whereas before every time J was interviewed it was about something that he created. Even though I'm excited to hear that he seems to want to do some film roles, they aren't his creations, they aren't his sense of humor, that's what I'm interested in because that, to me, is unique. He's not going to find many roles out there that will be nearly as good as anything he could come up with himself.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:28 pm

I agree its not quite as fun to watch/read/listen, but I do think he seems to enjoy that its NOT his creation....less pressure for him, especially since its his first American made movie....I imagine that the prospect of writing a feature length movie and getting it funded here is quite scary-even when people are asking for it.....I imagine that's why he's happy to go back to NZ to do his own films and just be the actor in a supporting role here....but then again that may change as he gets more experience in Hollywood.
closet jemainiac
---

Return to Jemaine Clement