It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:47 am

2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards Nomination

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: Nancy

Re: 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards Nomination

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Yay Vmh! You go girl! :D

I'm glad you got video up 4ever, I was going to try to video camera it, which would have been a video of my tv.. never as good! :)

Goodness! All these new pictures. This is such a nice surprise after such a rough week!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby vmh » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:28 pm

There's probably not that much else to reveal. I called 4ever last night and told her everything.

I was waiting outside of the tent backstage for the last half of the show. After Eddie announced that the show was over, I saw the back of Jame's head and walked in. Ed Helms came to say goodbye to them so I waited off to the side until they were done talking. That's when I made my move. I walked up to him, tapped him on the shoulder (HIS SHOULDERS... :thud:) and said hello. I think my exact words were, "I hope I'm not bothering you or anything. I just wanted to say hi before you left." He said something back to me but I couldn't hear him. He was so cute and smiley the whole time. I, however, looked like crap. His table was in the front so we were next to the speakers. He was laughing because he couldn't hear a word I was saying because it was too loud. He introduced James to me. I had so many things I wanted to talk to them about but it was just the wrong moment. That whole exchange lasted a minute but there was a glorious moment when we were just looking at each other and smiling in silence. Gaaah! I turned to jello. :iloveyou: Jemaine was probably ready to go because he just smiled and said it was nice to meet me before he took off.

When I tried to talk to Jem last year, I was so nervous that eorious and 4ever had to push me to him in Vegas. Tonight I did it all by myself! Well, I did get a little encouragement from 4ever over the phone before I came in. Baby steps. Maybe next time, I'll be able to hold an actual conversation with him.

I know that's not much of a story. I'm not sure if he went to the after party or not. I could have worked that if I wanted to but I was so tired. I just noticed this but I think everything in life is amplified moments after you meet Jemaine Clement. We went to In-N-Out after we left and I think at some point, I screamed at my sister, “These are the best In-N-Out fries I’ve ever had!” :lol: Everything is better…funnier. You develop a case of the giggles. Jemaine high. I want to take all those moments and roll it up and smoke it for eternity. Does this make sense? I better go back to sleep. I’m still not thinking straight.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Faith » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:34 pm

:yay:

That's so cool you got to talk to him even though you couldn't hear each other. And you met James too! That's awesome. :D
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby funny schipperke » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Vmh, that's so great! One minute with Jemaine is better than no minutes with Jemaine, right? :wink:
Image Image
funny schipperke

Postby vmh » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:42 pm

I didn't get any pictures because as volunteers, we weren't allowed to text, use our phones or take pictures during the event. I wanted to be professional. The only people with cameras were the press. I probably wasn't even supposed to be up on the event deck but in the middle of the show, I noticed all these other volunteers breaking the rules so said, to hell with it. I'm not missing this chance! We weren't allowed to talk to celebs unless they talked to us first. Jemaine and James were the only people I talked to. I didn't really care about anyone else. But I did want to mention that Elton John walked past me. The real one!

We had to clear programs and wine bottles off of the tables after everyone left. My sister managed to grab a few keepsakes from Jemaine's table. 8) I've trained her well.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Woohoo! I'm proud of you Vmh! If you had to be pushed to him before, but then you went to talk to him by yourself...that's just pure awesomeness on your part! And you did hold a little conversation with him, not your fault or his neither of you could hear it. Darn speakers! So happy for you! :D

What keepsakes did your sister grab? :)
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree

Postby vmh » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:55 pm

deliriumtree wrote:What keepsakes did your sister grab? :)

Just his name card and an envelope with his name on it. Nothing good was inside. Just a parking pass, directions to the event, a seating chart, and some cards from the event sponsors.
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby vmh » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:48 pm

mockingbird wrote:He probably just went for the expertly arranged glassware. :thumb: :lol: ;)

Hell yeah! :lol: I always make sure his beverage glasses are arranged the right way.

Edited to add: Gaaaah! I just went through this thread and looked at all the new photos of him. :heart: He looks sooo good! I got to watch him walk down the blue carpet. It took a lot of willpower not to chase after him. I was standing behind all the press people. James was just leaning on the wall, looking bored while Jemaine got his photo taken. I wanted to yell out, "James, you rock!" James deserves some love too!
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby LauraK » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Ohhhh, vmh, I'm so happy for you! So what that it was only a minute....you initiated the meeting and got smiles from him just for you! *swoon* :heart:

I think the keepsakes sound very cool, too.

vmh wrote:I want to take all those moments and roll it up and smoke it for eternity. Does this make sense?

It does indeed....a perpetual Jemaine-High: :thumb:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Red » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:44 pm

Thank you thank you thank you for the video, 4ever! He was so adorably uncomfortable. And at least he lost to a friend.

V, I'm so proud of you! And what a wonderful moment with Jem and James. And I totally understand the Jemaine high. He kind of makes the world go all wonky for a few days. :D

Here's a couple of more pics I don't think have been posted yet. I'm really still not over how amazingly handsome he looked last night!

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby DangerMouse » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:45 pm

vmh: congrats 8) But please promise us all that you are not going to attempt any cloning.... who knows where the DNA on the card and envelope your sister snagged for you is from.

Girl go take a super long nap; 13hrs is way too long to work. (especially for free :eh: )
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...
DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby SuzyBatt » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Vmh, I think it's amazing that you're volunteering at these events. I would so have done the same if I were you (especially if I were your age, which sadly, I am not... :? ) Thanks so much for sharing your experience, it's always fun when one of our team scores a sighting or a meeting, so matter how brief. High fives!

I must say that my swooning was waning. Not because I find Jemaine any less attractive, I just have had other things on my mind and all the pics were sort of been-there-done-that. But at the very first pic I saw last night I nearly fell off my chair. I think if I had a top 10, half of the pics from last night would be in it. But most of all the second one posted by Red just above. :drool: Yes, I will have to snag that one.

I'm glad he was nominated, and I'm glad he went to the awards show. I wonder if he'll stick around for the Oscars. Maybe he's got an in at one of the after parties? :dunno:
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Yes, the 2nd one that Red just posted is now my desktop. And will be for the foreseeable future :drool: :heart:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Venus » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Thanks so much 4ever for uploading that video! :D

Thanks vmh for sharing your experience last night! To see Jemaine smiling and laughing must have lifted your spirits so much and it's great that you got to meet James too! :yay:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Red » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:56 pm

There's videos on youtube but they have no sound! :wtf: You can't have Jemaine and Eddy in the same video with no sound!! :cross: Hopefully they'll re-upload them soon to correct it. I guess until then we'll just have to imagine what they're talking about. Probably something really boring and not hilarious at all. :wink:

Red
Getting lewd with the food

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement