Jemainestyle - the Sartorial Savoir Faire of Jemaine Clement

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Re: Conchords-spotting!

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:42 am

Wow, Red! Good eye! I'm almost positive that it's the exact same jacket!
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Red » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:46 am

ImageImage
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby SheWolf » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:49 am

Nice catch. It looks the same to me. Except the pocket outline isn't visible in the photo on the left and it just looks overall to be softer and more hug able in the photo on the right. :P Funny how it looks a bit roomier through the body & shorter in the sleeves in the still from the show. So was that his jacket that he wore on the show or did he steal it from wardrobe? :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 am

Lol.....I think it's a different grey jacket.

His eyes do look gorgeous.....but that thing is still too tight! :lol: You shouldn't see waistline in a suit jacket.

Look at the difference in the line of the lapels from the show and in the new pic. Smooth line vs. wonky-stretched-uneven line.

(I think he does it on purpose and then laughs his arse off at the discussions he knows he's started....) :lol:

More pics would indeed be nice....:D And for the record, in case it wasn't clear- I think he looks fantastic.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:59 am

LauraK wrote:You shouldn't see waistline in a suit jacket.
I'm not 100% convinced it is a suit jacket.

LauraK wrote:Look at the difference in the line of the lapels from the show and in the new pic. Smooth line vs. wonky-stretched-uneven line.
That doesn't mean anything to me. It could be from the way he's standing.

HOWEVER, I'm going back and forth here because, while it pretty much looks to be an exact replica of the one from the show, I can't get past the fact that it doesn't look like the same type of material. :hrm: :rolleyes: :doh:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 am

I think the fan pic jacket has the pockets on the outside of the jacket, while the show one has pockets on the inside of the jacket.....different jacket...material looks different too like SW said...
closet jemainiac
---

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:27 am

LauraK wrote:Lol.....I think it's a different grey jacket.

His eyes do look gorgeous.....but that thing is still too tight! :lol: You shouldn't see waistline in a suit jacket.

Look at the difference in the line of the lapels from the show and in the new pic. Smooth line vs. wonky-stretched-uneven line.

(I think he does it on purpose and then laughs his arse off at the discussions he knows he's started....) :lol:

More pics would indeed be nice....:D And for the record, in case it wasn't clear- I think he looks fantastic.

The line of the lapels could also be different because in the one from the show, only the top button is buttoned, but in the fan pic one, both are buttoned - causing some tension in the fabric, causing the line of the lapels to be off. I am pretty sure it's the same jacket. 99.5-99.9% certainty.
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby LauraK » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:56 am

Newer jacket breast pocket has an outer flap.
Show jacket does not.

The hand-pocket flaps are a completely different cut. They're bigger and rounder on the edges on the show jacket. Plus, like SW said, I think it's diferent material. The newer one appears to be softer.
There would be barely any added tension if that lower button were buttoned in the show's jacket....it's pretty close in the pic. :geek: Have we studied these a bit too much, you think? :lol:

ImageImage

As I look at his face and its cheeky expression I can hear him thinking "Oh, those ladies need to get lives! It's just another of my ill-fitting-yet-attractive-thrift-store-buys...." :rolls:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:14 am

Laura - both jackets have outer flaps on the waist pockets, they're just a bit harder to spot in the newer photo because of the angle :geek:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby deliriumtree » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:04 am

I'm on the side of it's a different jacket. The material looks so much different and the lapel seems smaller. I also think it might be a woman's jacket lol. Didn't we decide at some point the low cut shirts were women's shirts?
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby mockingbird » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 am

LauraK wrote:Newer jacket breast pocket has an outer flap.
Show jacket does not.

It's true. Check and mate. :lol:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:19 am

deliriumtree wrote:I also think it might be a woman's jacket lol.

Hee hee! He *did* do that movie with Steve Carell... maybe he borrowed it from him. :hrm: :dunno: :lol:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby Red » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:37 am

The breast pocket does look different and there's a button hole on the new one that I can't see on the one from the show but that doesn't mean it's not there. I'm not convinced either way, but I love it when we get the break out our Jemanalytical skills. :P

Edit: Okay I stared at the two a bit longer and I see what Laura was saying about the pockets being on the outside vs the inside and the new one looks kind of like tweed and the one from the show looks almost like felt. I'm convinced now. Different yet extremely similar jackets. Maybe he wore it on the show and was like - man I've gotta get me one of these. :D
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby vmh » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 am

I'm LMAO at how much discussion has arisen because of Jemaine's jacket.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:10 pm

you guys are awesome :lol:
closet jemainiac
---

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement