It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:55 am

Men in Black III - SPOILERS!

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: Nancy

Re: Men in Black III

Postby Venus » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:19 am

Men In Black 3 Will Shoot This Winter In NY
By Will LeBlanc: 2010-06-18 17:08:39

Men in Black 3, or as it'll most likely be titled M3n in Black 3D, has been a project a few people have been on the fence about, but that most would like to just see go away. The original film is a classic, but director Barry Sonnenfeld missed the mark with his sequel and few have the confidence that he'll be able to produce a good follow up to the 2002 flop.

That's not stopping him from moving forward though. With Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones back on board the project easily landed the money it needed to start shooting and according to the Production Weekly Twitter feed, they'll be shooting in NYC from September through December. Story details are slim as all we know so far is that Jemaine Clement will play an evil alien named Boris who travels back in time to 1969 to execute some sort of shady plan. The post specifically says that they'll wrap photography on New Years Eve, will they be including Dick Clark festivities in the final cut?

The Etan Cohen script is currently being rewritten by Spider-Man scribe David Koepp, who has been hit or miss over the years, but has squirted out some winners here and there.

With shooting wrapped up by the end of 2010, expect to start seeing teasers and posters start dropping by Independence Day with the film actually finding theaters in May 2012. How about it, gang? Where do you stand on the threequel? Yay or nay? Excited or peed? Sound off in the comments below.

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:23 am

Okay, folks, good excuse for a Fall NYC meetup! :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby LauraK » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:47 am

I hope they'll be in need of extras.....:)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:23 am

:snakeman: :twisted: :biggrin:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby vmh » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:39 am

A little about Jemaine's character: Exclusive: Men in Black III Script Review

Yaz is described as an “evil hippie/biker badass right out of Easy Rider” with “a huge mane of hair” and “a big handlebar mustache that frames his grubby unshaven face.” These features are all “strangely alive” and we later learn Yaz is an assembler, meaning his independent body parts are capable of reattaching themselves after a fight.

Rawr at the physical description! :drool: I'd love to see Jemaine play a pure villain but I have a feeling they're going to throw some funny in there somewhere.

Source
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby funny schipperke » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:07 am

"hippie/biker badass" is a bit of a oxymoron, no?

“a huge mane of hair” and “a big handlebar mustache that frames his grubby unshaven face.” Will we ever get to see Jemaine in a movie where he has normal hair? :lol:
Image Image
funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Venus » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:14 am

Hairy Jemaine! Interesting. Wasn't really expecting that but I can't wait to see exactly how he'll look in the film. :D

There are open casting calls for filming taking place from September 13th 2010 to December 31st 2010 in New York. Click here for more info.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby vmh » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:53 am

Venus wrote:Hairy Jemaine! Interesting. Wasn't really expecting that but I can't wait to see exactly how he'll look in the film. :D

There are open casting calls for filming taking place from September 13th 2010 to December 31st 2010 in New York. Click here for more info.

What?! :shock:

*checks for flights to NY*

If production was in LA, I would so be at the open call. Nancy, aren't you an actor (or have theatre experience)? You should try out!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Red » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:15 am

Yeah, Nance! Go for it!!
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:28 am

Aren't you folks so sweet and supportive? I was looking for the breakdown of what they're looking for, and the only thing I'm the least bit right for would be a late 60's secretary, although my hair might not be right. I don't think older secretaries had Twiggy haircuts. I can't remember what my hair was like in 1969. :puzzled:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:44 pm

Wigs! But surely a Twiggy cut should work, too. Jane Hathaway, the secretary on the Beverly Hillbillies had a fairly short cut. Go for it!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby vmh » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:58 pm

More inside info on Jemaine's character HERE!

"There’s only one real bad guy in the film, and it’s Yaz, described as a nightmare biker who looks like Dennis Hopper and Satan. But it would seem it would be hard to craft a “badass hell biker” villain who is played by Flight of the Conchord’s Jemaine Clement and named after a side-effect prone brand of birth control. He’s not meant to be particularly funny and the movie is careful to describe him as oozing badassery and violence out of every pore, which makes me wonder why they’d cast Clement over someone more appropriate like Ron Perlman or Mickey Rourke."

:shock:
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Aimee » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks vmh! Looks like we might get to see a whole other side to J yet! I'm sure he will interpret the role very well and in his own unique fashion :supz:
Aimee
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:49 pm

The writer never saw "Eagle vs Shark", did he? (or she)
That was some acting, right there.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby funny schipperke » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:45 pm

No kidding. That writer doesn't know what he's talking about. Jemaine will most certainly pull it off.
Image Image
funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement