It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:03 pm

Men in Black III - SPOILERS!

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Re: Men in Black III - SPOILERS!

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:58 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote: :roll2: Nicole is gonna kick his ass. "Nicole's a very experienced performer." Yes. I'll bet. :lol:

:rolls: I remember Nicole talking about how much she loves FOTC in the past:

“I don’t normally watch TV because I’m so busy but when I get a chance to relax on tour I love to lounge on my bed watching Flight of the Conchords. Those guys are so funny. I love to laugh and they are the funniest ever.”

Source

Scherzinger said: "My dream collaboration would be Flight Of The Conchords. I love them, they are the greatest thing since sliced cheese."

She added that she passed up the chance to meet stars Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement when she was ill because she "didn't want to look too scary and scare them off".

Source

And now she's had the chance to collaborate with Jemaine in MIB3. I always think back to that pic of them with the Pussycat Dolls posted on their MySpace page.

Jemaine wrote:Have we seen this commercial?

Don't think so. I'm sure we would all know about this clip if it was in the public domain. :lol: I hope more of Jemaine's NZ adverts that he did in the past turn up.

Some footage from Men in Black 3 screened at CinemaCon and here's a description. Expect further spoilers:

Men in Black 3 (May 25)

Which was a movie that was actually announced at CinemaCon a few years back. We've been kind of dubious of this one, just because we've learned the hard way more than a few times that the third movie in a film franchise is rarely very good, especially when there's such a long wait between installments. This one looks like it could be fun, starting out with Will Smith's J and Tommy Lee Jones' K in a Chinese restaurant filled with aliens and culminating in a fight with an alien that looks like a giant prehistoric fish, which J keeps from biting him in half by putting a metal tray between his legs. As the fish alien is carted off, J says, "That's what happens when you flush goldfish down the toilet."

We see K in a rooftop confrontation with Jemaine Clement's baddie Boris the Animal and we see how Boris' hands have spikes coming out of them. Just as he's about to fire spikes at K, J arrives on the roof and when he opens the door, it stops the flying spikes as Boris advances on them and they both fall of the side of the building, still hanging onto the door. We then see K sitting in a chair and using a device on himself that causes him to disappear. Emma Thompson's O tells J that K used a time machine to travel to the past, but J doesn't believe that time travel is possible and that if it was, he should have been told, but apparently, it's above his paygrade.

Deciding to go after K, J is at the top of the Chrysler Building being told to jump in order to go back in time for 24 hours to find K and when he finally does it, we see him falling down into an era of dinosaurs, but as he keeps falling, the buildings of New York start building themselves up as time starts moving forward and he lands just inches from the ground.

We then see his first encounter with the younger K, played by Josh Brolin, pretty much as has been shown in the earlier trailers, and though it's the '50s, the "Men in Black" still have some cool vehicles including a couple of one-wheeled cycles that they sit in and can zoom around on, and some really clunky jetpacks that are larger than the agents themselves. There's a funny bit where K is using a really large portable phone that J yells "Don't put that near your head!" ('cause now we know of the radiation in those things) as well as another funny bit where J learns that Andy Warhol, played by Bill Hader, is actually a Men in Black agent, and they get into a bit of a scuffle.

This footage really changed my mind about this movie and I think that it could actually be a great return for Will Smith (who looks like he hasn't aged since the last "Men in Black" movie) and that it will be just as much fun as the first two movies.

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:08 am

The soundtrack listing has been revealed:
‘Men in Black 3′ Soundtrack Details

The track list of the soundtrack release for the upcoming sci-fi comedy sequel Men in Black 3 has been revealed. The album features the original score from the film composed by Danny Elfman. The soundtrack is currently scheduled to be released on CD on May 29, 2012 by Sony Masterworks and can be pre-ordered on Amazon. Check back on this page for the album cover and audio clips. The film’s song Back in Time by Pitbull has already been released and can be downloaded here. Men in Black 3 is directed by Barry Sonnenfeld and stars Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin, Jemaine Clement, Alice Eve and Emma Thompson. The film will be released in theaters on May 25. To learn more about the sci-fi comedy, visit the official movie website.

Here’s the album track list:

1. Men in Black 3 – Main Title
2. Spiky Bulba
3. The Set-Up
4. Headquarters
5. Regret
6. Wrong
7. Not Funny
8. Big Trouble
9. Out on a Limb
10. Time Jump
11. Bad Fortune
12. Forget Me Not
13. Goin’ Back or Into the Past
14. Griffin Steps Up
15. True Story
16. The Prize-Monocycles
17. Boris Meets Boris
18. Under the Bridge
19. The Mission Begins
20. Mission Accomplished
21. A Close One
22. Men in Black 3 – Main Title Revisited

Source

I wonder what "Boris Meets Boris" is all about.

Also, a few advance movie screenings of MIB 3 have been posted here. New York, Chicago and Connecticut have been listed so far and there may be more to come. :)

You can actually buy tickets for the NYC movie premiere after party as well as an advanced screening:

Advance screening of Men in Black 3 at the AMC Empire 25, located at 234 W. 42nd Street
After the screening of the film, join the cast of Men in Black 3 for the movie premiere after party on the Flight Deck of the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.
This exclusive event includes:

A private Grucci Fireworks display
Live musical performances and appearances by celebrities
Cocktail reception with food and open bar
(must be 21 or older to drink alcohol)
&
Venus

Postby YisBot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:57 am

Where did you find the info to buy tickets for the after party? I didn't see it on the advanced screening link...maybe I'm blind?
I went to the bank.
YisBot
Keeping it funky

Postby Venus » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:08 pm

Oh, you have to go through a couple of pages and then you end up here. :)
&
Venus

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Apparently you can get (limited) tickets if you want to spend the cash:
http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/mib3.aspx

I hope someone here gets to go...how cool would that be?! :D (SW, Sully, SlutAngel, bibli, Nancy...) :pray:

*I see that the price includes "Live musical performances and appearances by celebrities..."

Hmmmmmm....... :whistle: :lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Jemaine and Bret met the Pussycat Dolls at a cable TV operators convention, IIRC. That's probably where he and Nicole got to be friends. She seems like a lovely lady. :evil:

Ha, when I was down in Oz in the mid-70s, we used to talk about "pashing" in high school, too. LOL!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:52 am

Waaaaaaaah! :tears:
I'll be on the cruise from may 19-26. :oops: :( :x :doh: :bang: :cry:

I think SW and SA are planning to attend, maybe more.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby YisBot » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks for the link Venus!
This is just like rubbing salt in the wound for me, I'm so upset I'm leaving NYC the day before this is all happening! And with those tickets so easy to just buy off the web? :( :doh:
I went to the bank.
YisBot
Keeping it funky

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Aww, Yis! :goodman:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Venus » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:36 pm

No problem, sorry to hear both of you can't make it. :goodman: Hopefully there'll be other appearances in NYC around the time of the premiere.

Haha, MM. I like the word "pashing". :P
&
Venus

Postby Venus » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Also YisBot, have you heard about the Berlin premiere of MIB3 on the 14th of May? That's before your trip to NYC, right? So far, Will Smith, Josh Brolin, Nicole Scherzinger and Barry Sonnenfeld have been confirmed to attend so no sign of Jemaine. Since this premiere is a couple of days before the London premiere, whether or not Jemaine turns up for that premiere will probably give a good indication about whether or not he'll turn up for the London premiere.
&
Venus

Postby mockingbird » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:38 am

mohumbhai mania wrote:Jemaine and Bret met the Pussycat Dolls at a cable TV operators convention, IIRC. That's probably where he and Nicole got to be friends.

The link nonch posted to that Blender article said that this is true. Good memory! That link was hilarious, BTW.

Bret wrote:"We became friends with the Pussycat Dolls backstage. I kept forgetting their names, but then I realized they're printed on their lingerie. So you just look down."

:lol: :snakeman: And if they're not wearing the lingerie, sometimes they just print their names helpfully on their crotch, like the lady next to Jemaine.

nonchalant obsession wrote:Oh boy. Is Sonnenfeld really asserting that the humor was subtle and organic in the previous MIB films? :lol:

I thought the same thing as I was reading that interview, lol! If that's the case I'd love to see his idea of an outright comedy. :lol:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby YisBot » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:06 am

Venus wrote:Also YisBot, have you heard about the Berlin premiere of MIB3 on the 14th of May?

Yes, I actually saw a commercial for it on TV the other day! I didn't see J's name mentioned anywhere so I wasn't planning to make the trip. Berlin is about a 7 hour drive from where I am plus I have to be in Frankfurt in the morning on the 15th for my flight. But thanks for sharing the info! It's nice to know I have people that are looking out for possible options for me!! :heart: :biggrin: Thank you!!
I went to the bank.
YisBot
Keeping it funky

Postby Venus » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Aww, it's my pleasure! That's totally understandable, I'll keep an eye out for anything which may be going on while you're in NYC. :)

A new freaky still of Jemaine as Boris:

Source
&
Venus

Postby Nancy » Tue May 01, 2012 5:26 am

So that's the squiggly thing on his hand that he mentioned? :worry:

In 3-D, that ought to be interesting. :sofa: