It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:45 am

Gentlemen Broncos - A film

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Gentlemen Broncos - A film

Postby Sherry » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:29 am

I find this kind of, well, amusing. If this is true, then :lol: All those comparisions to Eagle vs Shark being like some film called Napoleon Dynamite and all those comparisons to FoTC being like some band called Tenacious D (rock!) and look who Jemaine is going to be working for

:roll2:

Priceless

Cast ready to saddle up for "Broncos"
Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:10am EST
By Borys Kit and Leslie Simmons

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Michael Angarano, Sam Rockwell and Jemaine Clement have signed on to star in the comedy "Gentlemen Broncos," to be directed by Jared Hess ("Napoleon Dynamite," "Nacho Libre"). The script by Hess and his wife, Jerusha Hess, follows a high school outcast who attends a camp for writers where his story gets ripped off by a legendary fantasy novelist.

Angarano plays the teen, and Clement is the famous author. Rockwell will play the fictional story's title character, who appears in book-come-to-life sequences under two guises: one in the teen's story and one in the author's story.

Angarano, whose credits include "Lords of Dogtown" and "Sky High," next stars in "The Forbidden Kingdom" opposite Jet Li and Jackie Chan. He also appears in the ensemble drama "Snow Angels."

Rockwell was recently in Sundance for "Choke," Clark Gregg's adaptation of the Chuck Palahniuk novel, which was picked up by Fox Searchlight. He also appears in "Frost/Nixon" and "Snow Angels."

Clement is the co-creator of HBO's comedy "Flight of the Conchords," which he stars in and writes.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Ummm yes I am sure you'll all have lots to discuss now :D 8)
Last edited by Sherry on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:24 pm

Things I have found out so far :type:

Production/ filming is due to start in March.

In Utah.

Jemaine is playing the veteran, desperate, written-out fantasy novelist Ronald Chevalier.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Chica » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:45 pm

Why am I thinking Jemaine would suit that role? :D

This is wonderful news, though! Our boy is getting all famous and can no longer say, as he did on the EvS commentary, that he is "not an actor."
Chica
Half a shapely halibut

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:30 pm

I gather Utah has been getting crazy amounts of snow this year. Hopefully, it will have lightened up a bit by the time filming starts.

It's somehow strange to think of Jemaine being in a non-NZ-related film. He really is an "actor" now. 8)
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby meg1448 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:45 am

Yay! More Jemaine is always a good thing. I wonder if he'll keep the accent or if they'll make him Americanize it. (I hope he keeps it)
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/
meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Sherry » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:32 am

meg1448 wrote:Yay! More Jemaine is always a good thing. I wonder if he'll keep the accent or if they'll make him Americanize it. (I hope he keeps it)

I'll be interested to see if he can pull off a decent American accent. For some reason I think he'll keep his Kiwi one.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Jemaine in new film

Postby ceebeecee » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:53 pm

[Production/ filming is due to start in March. ]

I wonder what this does to the new season of FotC. Do you think maybe they have already completed the new scripts and songs?
ceebeecee
New arrival

Re: Jemaine in new film

Postby Sherry » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:11 pm

ceebeecee wrote:I wonder what this does to the new season of FotC. Do you think maybe they have already completed the new scripts and songs?

Maybe. Or else they are working on them until then. As long as the writers strike continues nothing can be done anyways. It may take till the end of the summer before they start filming the second season. It may happen sooner, depends on the strike and now these other commitments they are making.

The guys need to work and HBO seem to be quite flexible about the second season, already agreeing to a shorter season.

Also the guys themselves have always liked to flit between projects and work. It'll be cool for Jemaine to go work on a solo project and have a change from the Conchords :)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby dandy lyons » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:30 pm

I was chatting with someone "in the biz" and although she can't divulge any specifics or details, she says we have nothing to worry about. :D
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby meg1448 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:23 pm

dandy lyons wrote:I was chatting with someone "in the biz" and although she can't divulge any specifics or details, she says we have nothing to worry about. :D

Yay!
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/
meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby The_Wallaby » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:39 am

I'm so excited for him!

:partyman:
I always get a little bit emotional on the corner of Rutherford and Brown Streets.
The_Wallaby
Keeping it funky

Postby cassandrasnow » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:20 am

I can not wait for this one. Ahhhh. More cinematic bliss. I know he'll be great.

Dandy has peeps on the inside. ;)
cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:18 pm

cassandrasnow wrote:I can not wait for this one. Ahhhh. More cinematic bliss. I know he'll be great.

Cinematic bliss indeed... *sigh* :popcorn:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby FanBase » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Sherry wrote:
meg1448 wrote:Yay! More Jemaine is always a good thing. I wonder if he'll keep the accent or if they'll make him Americanize it. (I hope he keeps it)

I'll be interested to see if he can pull off a decent American accent. For some reason I think he'll keep his Kiwi one.

I get the feeling it will be a French accent. Anyone have the scoop?

It was pretty good in Foux Doux Fa Fa. Plus, his character's last name sounds French.
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."
FanBase
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby saffymatt » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:26 am

:geek: Seriously ladies...are we really going to be listening at all to what the man is going to be saying in this movie? I think that Jemaine on the big screen is just going to send me into shock...where none of my senses will be working correctly.:shock:
Set your Phasers on Funky!
saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Next

Return to Jemaine Clement