It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:56 am

Outback

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Postby avaritsos » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:43 am

the bottom one - 17 spice steak - makes him look like he's finally had his hair cut to get rid of the mini-mullet (aka the mulette). sxsw looms and he wants to look cool is my bet.

avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby xemena » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:02 am

aw geez, why can I not stop smiling?
xemena
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Ellen » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:32 am

Dag, yo. Dude has made a ton of commercials.

xemena wrote:aw geez, why can I not stop smiling?

Xemena, what you are currently "suffering" from is commonly known as acute Jemainitis.

Jemainitis \jē-mān-‘it-Images\ n (1974) a highly contagious condition characterized by repeated listening to assorted FotC songs, frequent viewings of Tongan Ninja, and a tendency to recklessly channel surf in search of Outback Steakhouse commercials (particularly on CBS). Side effects include increased smiling, laughter, and a general feeling of well being. Fortunately, there is no known cure. See also Clementia.
Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:52 am

:lol:
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Gayle » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:19 am

Ellen wrote:Dag, yo. Dude has made a ton of commercials.

xemena wrote:aw geez, why can I not stop smiling?

Xemena, what you are currently "suffering" from is commonly known as acute Jemainitis.

Jemainitis \jē-mān-‘it-Images\ n (1974) a highly contagious condition characterized by repeated listening to assorted FotC songs, frequent viewings of Tongan Ninja, and a tendency to recklessly channel surf in search of Outback Steakhouse commercials (particularly on CBS). Side effects include increased smiling, laughter, and a general feeling of well being. Fortunately, there is no known cure. See also Clementia.

While your post is very amusing, I really want to commend you on your work ethic. Not only did you create the text book definition, but you took the time to upload and insert the schwa symbol into the pronunciation. Wow. THAT my friends, is dedication! :clap: Nice.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:06 pm

While your post is very amusing, I really want to commend you on your work ethic. Not only did you create the text book definition, but you took the time to upload and insert the schwa symbol into the pronunciation. Wow. THAT my friends, is dedication! Nice.

I know! That's what I was thinking. Very impressive work, Ellen!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Ellen » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:18 pm

:oops: Not so much industriousness as sheer techno-idiocy on my part. There’s probably some way to post a proper schwa, but when I tried to copy/paste all I got was a ə. Hence the sloppy imported schwa and the resulting Frankenword. Thanks for the kind words, though. :) Oh, I should also mention, I think “Clementia” was originally coined by Kate.
Ellen

Postby avaritsos » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:34 pm

just a think about it think think about it post -

the '-itis' suffix on a medial term means 'inflammation of' so technically jemainitis means an inflammation of your jemaine.
'-osis' on the other hand means 'an abnormal condition of' so maybe jemaineosis might be more apt? or maybe '-pathy' which means 'disease of' -jemaineopathy? or '-rrhage' means a 'bursting forth of' - jemainorrhage? :roll:

ok maybe you did mean jemainitis. :lol:

on edit - '-rrhea' means an 'uncontrollable discharge' so jemainerrhea is what most of these threads in the jemaine forum reflect??? :shock:
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:19 pm

I still say your name sounds like a snack food. Thanks for the medical lesson. In the future when I find stuff about my body this post will be very helpful.

Weird I've never noticed that before hmmm
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby avaritsos » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:12 pm

Johnnyp wrote:I still say your name sounds like a snack food.

thanks johnny, what man doesn't wanna sound edible? :wink:
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Gayle » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:19 pm

So true, you delectable bit of bacon, you! :wink:

Speaking for myself, Jemainiac is the preferred nomenclature. It has a nice, non-icky ring to it and connotes a mental disorder rather than a physical one. Everyone already knows I'm a little loopy anyway, so why not.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby avaritsos » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 pm

Gayle wrote:So true, you delectable bit of bacon, you! :wink:

Speaking for myself, Jemainiac is the preferred nomenclature. It has a nice, non-icky ring to it and connotes a mental disorder rather than a physical one. Everyone already knows I'm a little loopy anyway, so why not.

snack food, delectable bit if bacon - yummy and edible - fantastimundo!

my favorite clemented one prefers 'jemainiac' too and for the same reason you stated. (did the bretsters ever decide what we were going to be called? i loved 'bretrosexual'.)

you loopy? never dahling never. :smiles:
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Gayle » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:36 pm

avaritsos wrote:my favorite clemented one prefers 'jemainiac' too and for the same reason you stated. (did the bretsters ever decide what we were going to be called? i loved 'bretrosexual'.)

you loopy? never dahling never. :smiles:

You know, I'm not sure if they ever did decide on one term. Hmmm... will have to dig through the Bret forum and see if a concensus has been reached.

And, you are too kind, my sweet!
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Ellen » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:01 pm

Gayle wrote:Speaking for myself, Jemainiac is the preferred nomenclature. It has a nice, non-icky ring to it and connotes a mental disorder rather than a physical one. Everyone already knows I'm a little loopy anyway, so why not.

Right, but in my mind a Jemainiac is the sufferer and Jemainitis is the condition that is suffered. Although I suppose Jemainia could just as easily be the condition but that sounds a bit too manic to me. :lol:

I enjoyed the medical lesson too, by the way. :D

I'll go back to hiding out in my corner now. :doomed:
Ellen

Postby Gayle » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:55 pm

Ellen wrote:Right, but in my mind a Jemainiac is the sufferer and Jemainitis is the condition that is suffered. Although I suppose Jemainia could just as easily be the condition but that sounds a bit too manic to me. :lol:

I enjoyed the medical lesson too, by the way. :D

I'll go back to hiding out in my corner now. :doomed:

Ah... an excellent distinction. Dr. Sanjay Gupta was discussing this very topic last night (perhaps not this very topic). So, by your reckoning, Jemainia is the result of Jemainitis. And here I've been hypothesizing the disorder a chemical imbalance. More tests are needed for a conclusive diagnosis...

This lab study will require the subject be exposed to continuous viewing of the HBO special, the Outback commercials, the FoTC outtake from the Australian comedy special, and repeated listening to the BBC series over a 48 hour period.

Any volunteers?
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement